[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Buenomars wrote:
Hi, it seems this is a hotly discussed build and I'm not sure if the following has been asked.

If I party with a Necromancer support, will the damage bonus from Commander of Darkness affect the DoT damage from Spell Totem-Righteous Fire against enemies? Also, if I am using The Scourge, will the increased damage affect the DoT? Thanks.

yes the necro bonus is %increased damage to all sources

scourge would work too, but is clunky since you need to attack. Doryanis is strictly better, except you go for a sketchy necro summoner/rf totem route (which i theorycrafted a few pages ago)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I just hit lvl 96 and was running out of options in the skill tree... ;)

Being four points away from Heart and Soul I settled for Might (30 STR) which translates into 50 HP more, other choices would have been some random 10% increased damage nodes along the way or more STR within the radius of Spire of Stones or .8% Life Regeneration at the Marauder Start.

I now have 7058 HP/251 ES and 8k Armour (unbuffed), my gear:

"
warpod wrote:
While the damage of this build is really good, the clear speed is NOT.

Agreed, the clear speed is not the greatest, even in comparison to many other totem builds. The reasons being the rather poor radius and the cast delay (it takes almost a second for the totems to light up). But this build makes for a rather relaxing play style and it's a formidable boss killer. And you don't have to break the bank to deal with endgame content.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 15, 2016, 9:55:10 AM
"
Sarcarconn wrote:
For now my items are ok i guess, working on an amulet and then quality gems i guess? (didnt enchant my boots yet)
Current mana 49, thats why bloodmagic is linked with searing bond :/

You could go for a delirium essenced pair of gloves, swap searing bond in with reduced mana/bm and you still have a pseudo 4link.
Doedres scorn has potential for 20% ele dmg per curse... pretty cheap upgrade.

"
Agreed, the clear speed is not the greatest, even in comparison to many other totem builds. The reasons being the rather poor radius and the cast delay (it takes almost a second for the totems to light up). But this build makes for a rather relaxing play style and it's a formidable boss killer. And you don't have to break the bank to deal with endgame content.

Well the Dying Sun flask helps a lot for the clearspeed, but yeah there is faster stuff out there.
The delay is still better than that of warchieftotems tho...holy shit never again :P

"
warpod wrote:
And running bosses is just pain in ass.

Not really, plant a Decoy Totem and they'll stop chasing you. ;)

(Chieftians with the Tukohama ascendancy notable can use other totems to the same effect)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
The delay is still better than that of warchieftotems tho...holy shit never again :P

Haha... feels like the Warchief is waiting for a motivational speech to get going. :D

But even with the additional AoE from Dying Sun the problem remains, you can't just plant a totem and move on because the mobs are likely to follow you and move away from the totem while it's not fired up yet.

In terms of clear speed, Spark + Spell Totem was quite insane but the single target damage wasn't great back then and the projectile speed has been nerfed badly and now with T16 maps, I suppose it's no longer viable.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 15, 2016, 10:59:20 AM
A little piece of fragment from Tomay's boots, chest and gloves probably would pay off my whole damn build (about 2.5 exa) AHAHHAHAHAH... i feel sad now

Milky, i cant find delirium essence, never found em, the league is about to end... i will def remake this build when the another one starts and then i will grow up and be like TOMAY haahhahahaha
Do you recommend doing this build as first league's char?

I think i cant find em because im stucked on tier 11 10 9 maps :/
SARCARCONN™
Well, you can buy Delirium for 15c on trade. ;)

As for my gear, I got lucky with the chest, found it quite early in a shaped JV map and the roll is the result of the first try with a Greed essence. Only the exalt was a bit of a eff up, reflect was the worst of three possible mods. ;)

Belt was cheap (10c) as was the amulet (2.5 ex). For the boots I paid 3.5 ex and the rest is self-found.

For the jewels I paid between 20 and 40c, exalted three of them but haven't had much luck there: spell damage and 2x resists... well, at least I have my resistances still capped in high-tier elemental weakness maps. ;)

Admitted, my gear isn't exactly cheap but hey, I'm lvl 96 and why shouldn't I treat myself to some nice stuff? What else can I do with all the currency? :D

But to get going you really don't need much: a 5-link chest, Doryani's sceptre, Doedre's hat and ring and a couple of jewels with 12% totem life will carry you all the way into endgame. You can improve bits and pieces as you go along but the sixth link for this build is nothing to write home about: 70% increased damage from 21/20 IBD is nothing really when your gems are maxed. I just lost 72% increased damage when I ditched Doryani's sceptre and there isn't really any noticeable difference.
Last edited by tomay on Nov 15, 2016, 1:50:01 PM
Well you need to corrupt essences to get delirium ;) But i am unlucky too, 23/24 essences and i ran hundreds of maps with my vaalsparker alone (3 90+ chars alone)... cant find the esswnce to corrupt and when i found it... it bricked :p

Well even with the essence its not guaranteed to get a good pair of gloves either.

RF totems is great to start a league. Normal difficulty can be slow until lvl 38 (inc aoe gem). You need puritys to keep totems alive and most of the skilltree are just stats to that point... Once rf totems start to work they melt mobs like usual, its just the aoe that needs to get bigger. Since we dont need to fully clear anything while leveling i dont care if something survives anyway ;)

was my first char in perandus and melted atziri with lvl 67 (well lvl up to 68 in there). Its really nice for the low budget to start mapping, make bossruns or uberlab runs. like tomay said, there is not much needed to run most of the content, so you can invest 1-2 ex total in the char and build currency for maybe future projects or to invest more in the char.

Chieftain is easier to start, you really just need totem life on jewels, no resists at all. buying early league jewels is cheap and easy this way, most people see totem life on the jewels and sell it as a bricked jewel for 1c ;)

@tomay there is nothing wrong with investing in the char, there is no limit in prices regarding good rares :)
Especially the essences had some really good potential with good fire damage jewelry, delirium (hey even 4l delirium gloves for rf are great, especially for a hierophant version for the 20% extra aoe) and high life items.

Personally i use my rf totemer for bossruns and undoable corrupted maps for my other chars like bloodmagic + doublereflect + other aids mods.
Stull like day one atziri in a new league, vinktar runs etc are great ways to build up currency where other ppl run dried lakes to pay for your stuff thats worthless later on ;)

Updating my char section after i wake up, got a few gear/jewel changes

Updated myCharacter tab with this:

The Skilltree @91

intuitive leap is in the scion socket to grab 10% aoe and 15% curse effectiveness

edit:
potential upgrades

+1 curse amulet with dex + life at least (yeah, thats expensive)

delirium armour gloves for stronger searing bond to increase the singletarget dmg a bit more

Armour boots with more life and resists

another rare ring with life and chaos resists (with a +1 curse amu)

another belt with aoe or enducharge corruption and flaskstats

better jewels

I wont invest in the char anymore in this league, will most likely toy around on standard with old characters + the new skills.
Got some Hierophant scorching ray totems in my mind (two link, for singletarget resi debuffs if they stack, basically like withertotems are used) + flamesurge (+ three dragons to shock on crits) + some aoe to clear packs like ice nova/vaal ice nova, bladefall, or anything else that has an aoe tag.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Nov 16, 2016, 2:22:17 AM
Cool, i have a belly too, took me about 280 fus to get it 6 linked xD

Explain me the belt and flask... Are those BIG difference on damage or nothing that noticeable?
Must the belt be with that radius stat or whatever?

Im feeling squishy... not squiiishy but today i died several times against necropolis boss... it pissed me off, so i finally did the obvious, swaped shield charge into leap slam and no more deaths xD

(sorry bad english)
SARCARCONN™
dying Sun flask is great for almost any aoe/projectile skill for clearspeed. A No brainer if there is room and money for it.

the best is just used for the aoe corruption + life + resist. without aoe corruption there are many more cheap belts aviable with better stats.

Necro boss is one excample where leapslam is just better, however shield charge is in general faster. Well its not a problem to swap the gem on demand with the same color and no gemlevels needed.
On top the boss deals, afaik, heavy chaos damage

Last edited by Milkyslice on Nov 18, 2016, 12:13:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info