[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Just read the patch notes - looks like it's gonna be totems next league!

The way I read the patch notes totems should now have 40 + 26 (doubled from 13) = 66 resistances with only tree. Seems like berserker is somewhat more favorable now? But as a self-cast RF player: is 75 res really enough on totems? Won't they be super squishy, or are you getting more res in the chieftain version that I am not seeing?
"
The_Gurk wrote:
Just read the patch notes - looks like it's gonna be totems next league!

The way I read the patch notes totems should now have 40 + 26 (doubled from 13) = 66 resistances with only tree. Seems like berserker is somewhat more favorable now? But as a self-cast RF player: is 75 res really enough on totems? Won't they be super squishy, or are you getting more res in the chieftain version that I am not seeing?

berserker got way better now with this change.
With 75 resists my totems live around 3/4 of the normal rapid decay duration, which is enough.
Also totem resi gem is now best in slot for a 6link, hell i would even use it over rapid decay on a non chieftain rf totemer.

Chieftain makes the totems immune to the rf degen, they dont need fire resists. For high tier maps all resi is never bad, even on a chieftain.

I will play SSF next league and i think about playing a hierophant rf totemer (20% aoe glove is sweet). Dualtotem, not tripletotem tho.
But i have already 7 other builds in my mind which interest me...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Milky ... with the change of Totem resists from the tree ... Berserker is the recommended one?
I am wondering what people who have played this build think about its potential clearspeed of breaches. I am kinda torn between RF totems and flameblast totems at the moment. I haven't tried either before. RF looks like a really fun build, I am just a little worried they will be too slow killing the breach mobs.
"
painguard wrote:
Milky ... with the change of Totem resists from the tree ... Berserker is the recommended one?

I actually find no good reason to pick chieftain over berserker anymore.

berserkers substain, damgage and mobility is higher. the missing resist is fixed with one jewel or totem resi gem (which is now the best 6link gem).

Against stationary bosses cycling totems for 100% uptime is no deal.
If a totem dies both classes need to recast anyway as well as against high mobility bosses.

So yeah, rip chieftain. I hope that i'll find some time before the patch hits to update the thread. i will at least write a text at the top of the thread (yeah... job and dad, there is much rl stuff to do)

"
dookleeto wrote:
I am wondering what people who have played this build think about its potential clearspeed of breaches. I am kinda torn between RF totems and flameblast totems at the moment. I haven't tried either before. RF looks like a really fun build, I am just a little worried they will be too slow killing the breach mobs.

i am not worried at all. They will die as fast as you can place the totems.

ive played both (inquisator pizzablast) and pizzablast needs more gear and links to do well. My main issue with pizzablast was the targeting. The aoe is great, but if the totem targets some random guy it means nothing. RFT at least has the effect where you want it... with smaller aoe, but a faster start of damage. flameblast needs 2.6sec to actually deal damage without any castspeed. It needs a good chunk (100%+) to actually feel good to play.

So if you want to play the first league char as the only char and invest much into the char, order pizza.
If you want a char which needs little to no investment, can run any map (corrupted stuff which other chars wont do) and you wanna gear another char afterwards, play rf totems

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
dookleeto wrote:

i am not worried at all. They will die as fast as you can place the totems.

ive played both (inquisator pizzablast) and pizzablast needs more gear and links to do well. My main issue with pizzablast was the targeting. The aoe is great, but if the totem targets some random guy it means nothing. RFT at least has the effect where you want it... with smaller aoe, but a faster start of damage. flameblast needs 2.6sec to actually deal damage without any castspeed. It needs a good chunk (100%+) to actually feel good to play.

So if you want to play the first league char as the only char and invest much into the char, order pizza.
If you want a char which needs little to no investment, can run any map (corrupted stuff which other chars wont do) and you wanna gear another char afterwards, play rf totems

thanks for the reply. I usually only make one character per league, I dont have time to play huge amounts. How is RF for late game? does it fall off a bit like flame totem?

Well i ran all four guardians my first time with it. The damage doesnt fall of at all. Shaper was the only thing were i thought that i could need some gear/gem upgrades for more dps :p

It scales great with jewels and gemlevels, the biggest dps items are pretty cheap and that alone is enough for t15 maps. After that point it doesnt scale as great as lets say some crit bladeflurry build with gearupgrades.

rft is not the fastest build in the game, thats for sure (the totem placement alone), but it can run any mapmod, can potential kill any existing boss in the game (while shaper needs good gear and knowledge of the fight which i hadnt on my forst and only try) and is nice for challenge hunting.

But hey, there are many great builds to play, i cannot tell you if its the perfect build for your playstyle ;) Some enjoy it a lot, others dont.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Nov 30, 2016, 1:54:46 PM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Well i ran all four guardians my first time with it. The damage doesnt fall of at all. Shaper was the only thing were i thought that i could need some gear/gem upgrades for more dps :p

It scales great with jewels and gemlevels, the biggest dps items are pretty cheap and that alone is enough for t15 maps. After that point it doesnt scale as great as lets say some crit bladeflurry build with gearupgrades.

rft is not the fastest build in the game, thats for sure (the totem placement alone), but it can run any mapmod, can potential kill any existing boss in the game (while shaper needs good gear and knowledge of the fight which i hadnt on my forst and only try) and is nice for challenge hunting.

But hey, there are many great builds to play, i cannot tell you if its the perfect build for your playstyle ;) Some enjoy it a lot, others dont.

It sounds fun, I will give it a try :) thanks for the great build guide, lots of info and advice.
I want to play Berserker RF Totems in breach and played chieftain in Perandus and it was really fun. So later on I drop Purity of fire if I have enough totem resists?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info