(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
OberstGruber wrote:
Thanks again.
So the passiv is the best option, right?

Or is there another way?

The "best way" is mana leech, neither bm passive nor bm gem.

But I personally find the BM passive very convenient.

So you are suggesting a full physical cyclone with BM passive would be better?

Currently i am running a 5L:
Cyclone + fortify + added fire + melee physical + BM gem on a kitava feast.
I linked hatred, arctic armour & herald of ash on level 2 enlighen, which leaves me just enough mana to cast bloodrage and warchief

I had to drop ruthless for dmg reduction in fortify in t13-15 maps. So i can see that extra gem slot would be nice to have instead if BM gem.
Greatly appreciate if anyone can review my char.

I see bloodletting nodes (increased dmg with bleeding) seems like a great option to take though..
"
InSidiousGG wrote:

Currently i am running a 5L:
Cyclone + fortify + added fire + melee physical + BM gem on a kitava feast.
I linked hatred, arctic armour & herald of ash on level 2 enlighen, which leaves me just enough mana to cast bloodrage and warchief

I had to drop ruthless for dmg reduction in fortify in t13-15 maps. So i can see that extra gem slot would be nice to have instead if BM gem.
Greatly appreciate if anyone can review my char.

I see bloodletting nodes (increased dmg with bleeding) seems like a great option to take though..

As i only got a 5l (Juggernaut btw) i did run the same with Hatred and Blasphemy - Vuln.
I got way enough damage and played with ruthless instead of BM

My advice: Buy a 6l ASAP - the damage boost (+leech) is great.
Running now Cyclone + fortify + melee physical + Brutality + Ruthless + Maim for full physical and a cyclone kill everything just by moving by (even blue + rare packs with +XXX Life).

Look at my char - hezman is imop realy great if you dont have a starforge
"
InSidiousGG wrote:

How do get to this conclusion when I write things like...
"
The "best way" is mana leech, neither bm passive nor bm gem.

"
BM passive was also shit in the past, but since 3.0, we got brutality and maim, so we can get away without Added fire, Hatred and Herald of Ash. It's still less overall DpS, but most of this elemental DpS was always "paper DpS", as a physical scaling build rarely uses any sort of resistance penetration.

The BM keystone is not better.
It offers neither efficiency nor DpS, but convenience:
If you take it, you don't have to care about skill sustain at all.
Map rolled "cannot regen life or mana"? Who cares.
You misclicked/lagged or whatever and spinned through thin air? No problem.
(I really hate it when this happens on a mana leech dependent build)

I opted for the combination of Berserker, Vaal Pact, Brutality and BM keystone this league not because it is the strongest option, but because it is super easy to play.

a) I'm a lazy player. That's why I also put fortify into my Cyclone and not on my Leap Slam, I couldn't be bothered keeping it up alternating between skills. Now I don't even have to turn on auras. I log in and immediately enter a map. ;)

b) This combination trivializes map mods:
There's now only 2 affixes I cannot do: No leech, phys reflect (if I don't swap gems).
But these are the 2 mods nobody in their right mind would ever play on a phys based 2h Axe Cycloner.
Everything else has little to no effect: "Players have elemental equilibrium" (something that nullifies Added fire+Hatred)? "Less regen" (screwing with life leech rates)? "Monsters have resists?" "Less Armour"? "Less dodge"? Give me all this juicy pack size! ;)

...but that doesn't mean it is the better choice. I'm allowed to not care about map mods because I have made a huge sacrifice before.
In every scenario without such map mods, 1.5 auras + mana leech is strictly better.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I totaly agree with you! I'm lazy too and to be honest: DPS is high enough.

I will switch to BM keystone (with the 3 +% Life behind) when i own a Starforge. I'm already full physical - so i will only lose Haste. Movement speed from haste is nice to have and AS is on Starforge too (a bit lesser, but DPS will still increase heavily).
Then i simple switch "Blasphemy - Vul" to "Vengance - Curse on Hit - Vul". Like you sad before: Against trash / blue / rare you dont need the curse and bosses will always hit you. So no DPS lose here AND 100% lazy :)
What you guys prefer for berserker in pantheon? For now I have Soul of Ralakesh(25% chance to avoid Bleeding, 25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving) and Soul of Arakaali(5% reduced Damage taken from Damage Over Time, 10% chance to Avoid Lightning Damage when Hit) but I dont know if these are good options. Any advises?
"
Yatori90 wrote:
What you guys prefer for berserker in pantheon?

Reduced reflect damage taken is kind of a must have, imho.

For the major god, I like Brine King (because of the freeze immunity).
You can go Lunaris or Solaris instead, but they don't seem to make a big difference.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
With a 5 link Starforge what gems should I use?
Spoiler
Hey man where should i start looking for upgrades?
"
xbigboss wrote:

Cyclone / Melee Physical Damage / Brutatlity / Ruthless / Maim

thats my setup and its good enough
"
finchie wrote:
"
xbigboss wrote:

Cyclone / Melee Physical Damage / Brutatlity / Ruthless / Maim

thats my setup and its good enough
IMHO concentrated effect is way better than ruthless and maim

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info