(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Essem wrote:
If youre running Kaom's Chest what gem links do you take out? Warchief?

No, don't drop warchief.
Drop his links, maybe.

6L - Cyclone
4L CWDT IC + Duration + Molten Shell / Phase Run (I prefer Phase Run on Cycloners)
2-4L Warchief and Vengeance (+2 DpS supports)
2-3L Leap Slam + faster attacks (+blood magic)

Remaining 1 - 4 sockets:
Vaal Haste / Vaal Grace / Blood Rage /increased duration / Enduring Cry (whatever you want)

"
Jenneke wrote:
I've noticed that around tier 7-8 maps I start getting pretty squishy against bosses. I'm running Berserker, and although I'm only 76, I've only got 3.8k HP, overcapped elemental resists (no chaos resist yet) and tooltip DPS for Cyclone sits at just over 15k DPS.

You're only 76, you still get good XP below tier 7/8.

You're running Ruthless on Cyclone, that doesn't show in the tooltip. Don't worry, you're doing fine on DpS (Except you're lacking the 40% more damage from Ascendancy).

About survivability: You have little to no flat life on your gear. Get some. That's well within your 15c budget.

Also, you don't have Vaal Pact. I don't know if the guide advocates VP or not, but you should really take it, it's a difference like night and day. 100% instant leech lets you facetank pretty much anything the game throws at you, once you have enough of a health buffer.

Without it, you will struggle to survive in lategame.

"
Karibean12 wrote:
Is better a 5L belly of the beast or a 100+ Life plate 6L?

The difference between a belly and a 130 life chest is minimal. ~2-300 life, maybe.
And belly has shit defenses and bad resists.
I'd definetly take the rare 6L in this case.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I have this laying around, was thinking about selling it in favor of using a Kaom for more HP, but not sure if worth in the end. I plan on using a disfavour so ud definately want the 6 link in the axe.
Last edited by Essem on Sep 5, 2017, 9:12:02 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Jenneke wrote:
I've noticed that around tier 7-8 maps I start getting pretty squishy against bosses. I'm running Berserker, and although I'm only 76, I've only got 3.8k HP, overcapped elemental resists (no chaos resist yet) and tooltip DPS for Cyclone sits at just over 15k DPS.

You're only 76, you still get good XP below tier 7/8.

You're running Ruthless on Cyclone, that doesn't show in the tooltip. Don't worry, you're doing fine on DpS (Except you're lacking the 40% more damage from Ascendancy).

About survivability: You have little to no flat life on your gear. Get some. That's well within your 15c budget.

Also, you don't have Vaal Pact. I don't know if the guide advocates VP or not, but you should really take it, it's a difference like night and day. 100% instant leech lets you facetank pretty much anything the game throws at you, once you have enough of a health buffer.

Without it, you will struggle to survive in lategame.

I picked up a couple upgrades, I bought a good rolled Hezmana and managed to 5L it for not a bad cost; got a legacy Carnage Heart without the reduced Life stats; and an Atziri's Promis (guy selling the amulet took a set of fragments in trade and even let me go along). I also swapped out my helm so I'm not so overcapped on resistances to make the Int requirement for Concentrated Effect. So, while I'm attacking with totem up and Promise going, my tooltip DPS is 50-55k now. On the downside, I'm now broke, lol. Just gotta build back up.

I agree, getting +Life rolls would be useful, I've got it on my helm and armour, but there's never enough. The trick is getting +Life without sacrificing resistances or too much damage.

I looked at Vaal Pact, and I started drooling, but it'll cost me 13 passive points to get over there, and all I'll get along the way is +Dex. Not sure how to get over there without ripping apart the tree, if you've got a tree that grabs it, link me it?
If I use an axe then for which axe nodes should I go for?

The ones to slaughter on the left or the splitting splitting strikes one?

Or even both?
Last edited by McGuscha on Sep 5, 2017, 2:10:14 PM
How do you sustain mana if not using blood magic?
Last edited by georgedi07 on Sep 5, 2017, 3:51:16 PM
"
McGuscha wrote:
If I use an axe then for which axe nodes should I go for?

The ones to slaughter on the left or the splitting splitting strikes one?

Or even both?

Imho...

Axe clusters:
*Always take both Slaughter and Cleaving at the southwest of Marauder
*Hatchet Master south east of duelist only when it's 0-1 travelling points away (if you also want Iron Reflexes and/or Vitality Void, or even want to path further to the ranger side)
*Splitting Strikes at duelist only when you have spare points and/or need the leech (usually the first cluster I drop)
*Do not take By the Blade (weak damage/point)

Twohand Clusters:
*Always take the Notables in Marauder and Duelist start, Butchery and Destroyer
*Take Wrecking Ball below Duelist, maybe also take Executioner (a lot of people only take WB, but 15+15+24% damage feels worth it unless you have a bunch of super expensive GG jewels to use instead)
*Do not take Martial Experience between Marauder and Templar (weak damage/point)

---

"
Jenneke wrote:

I looked at Vaal Pact, and I started drooling, but it'll cost me 13 passive points to get over there, and all I'll get along the way is +Dex. Not sure how to get over there without ripping apart the tree, if you've got a tree that grabs it, link me it?

The tree I'm using, lvl 92. Further points, if I even bother, will be the remaining 4% life nodes.

I'm also not particularly happy with the travel to vaal pact, but you're almost immortal with it, and unfortunatly very, very mortal with it. Having "100% instant damage to life" let's you facetank anything, as long as it doesn't oneshoot you (which rarely happens against 8k life).

With the path I chose, I get 3 life clusters, 2 jewel sockets and Acrobatics along the way. That's not amazing, but I take this over the other paths (through the evasion wheel or through ranger start). Imho, Acro/Phase Acro is a valuable defense, one of the only damage avoidance mechanics we can use as 2h axe builds, but of course you can skip it.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Can anyone help me out a little, my DPS seems a little on the low side and i wanna try and fix. sitting on just above 300k shaper DPS according to POB with conc all flasks. It's with Biscos though, but a proper amu wont add all that much.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Jenneke wrote:

The tree I'm using, lvl 92. Further points, if I even bother, will be the remaining 4% life nodes.

I'm also not particularly happy with the travel to vaal pact, but you're almost immortal with it, and unfortunatly very, very mortal with it. Having "100% instant damage to life" let's you facetank anything, as long as it doesn't oneshoot you (which rarely happens against 8k life).

With the path I chose, I get 3 life clusters, 2 jewel sockets and Acrobatics along the way. That's not amazing, but I take this over the other paths (through the evasion wheel or through ranger start). Imho, Acro/Phase Acro is a valuable defense, one of the only damage avoidance mechanics we can use as 2h axe builds, but of course you can skip it.

Yeah, I took a look at that and used PoE Planner to weight out the stat differences between yours and the one posted in the OP. He's got a bit more survival stuff, and you're heavily slanted toward DPS, which, with Vaal Pact I don't blame you. I nearly bankrupted myself, but I reset my passives and started in on something mostly like your tree. I grabbed life nodes first, you can see my current progress here. I even managed to somehow snag a good 6L axe for myself, took me almost 40 minutes to haggle the guy down to ~1.5 EX in equivalent trade.

I've definitely seen a big increase in my DPS and survivability with this. Before I was starting to struggle against t7-8 map bosses, now I only start having difficulty against t11-13 ones.
Hey guys, 1st time player here.

I started as Berserker Sunder and got ... annihilated.

I came to this guide and respec into Juggernaut and cyclone. Maybe someone could take a look at my build and tell me what i could make better.

I know i have potential in my gear, but currency is low most of the time cause i am trying to get better rolls on my chest most of the time.

https://pastebin.com/pnUBreck

Since i don't have so much HP - when i die i am mostly oneshot by bosses or some exploding bodies - i thought enfeeble would be a good 3rd aura/curse to hatred/HoA. Elemental weakness Maps i counter with Purity Auras. Reflect with Brutality or Physical to Lightning, which seems ok to me so far.

If someone would suggest me some improvements in the Tree or Gem-Setup or even some "cheap" gear i would be very thankful.

I like the Terror Maul, cause i can save a Point for RT and also get Onslaught for free.

Thank you :-)

PS: I love how great this community is - thanks for the great time so far ;-)
Last edited by SteakSndwich on Sep 6, 2017, 7:05:47 AM
The guide seems to prefer ditching BM passive, prefering to go with BM gems.
How much would the guide change if I decided to pick the BM passive, and would it be worth?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info