(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
SteakSndwich wrote:
Hey guys, 1st time player here.

I started as Berserker Sunder and got ... annihilated.

I came to this guide and respec into Juggernaut and cyclone. Maybe someone could take a look at my build and tell me what i could make better.

I know i have potential in my gear, but currency is low most of the time cause i am trying to get better rolls on my chest most of the time.

https://pastebin.com/pnUBreck

Since i don't have so much HP - when i die i am mostly oneshot by bosses or some exploding bodies - i thought enfeeble would be a good 3rd aura/curse to hatred/HoA. Elemental weakness Maps i counter with Purity Auras. Reflect with Brutality or Physical to Lightning, which seems ok to me so far.

If someone would suggest me some improvements in the Tree or Gem-Setup or even some "cheap" gear i would be very thankful.

I like the Terror Maul, cause i can save a Point for RT and also get Onslaught for free.

Thank you :-)

PS: I love how great this community is - thanks for the great time so far ;-)

Okay I took a look at your character (SteakyMcSteakFace). Some the things I noticed:

1) you have the Juggernaut double armor from chest passive, and yet you are running a mediocre (t2 life, crafted cold res) hybrid armor/es chest? I get that it's a 6L, but you could probably sell that for a moderate amount of chaos and then get a better chest (maybe even a 5L, which will cost you about 30c if you use the prophecy on a good chest).

2) What do you mean by "trying to get better rolls on my chest"? If you are using Chaos orbs on your chest, stop immediately, you are burning money. I'd strongly advise against crafting rares until you have a large amount of money that you can afford to burn (high tier crafting is you betting against your resource pool).

3) What's your life/res at right now? You only have about +300 life on your gear (before multipliers), which seems pretty low IMO. Your res are also uncapped as far as I can tell, which can be dangerous at mid to high tier maps or maps with added damage.

I'm sure others have other points to bring up, but these are the ones I immediately noticed.
"
Aquadrizzt wrote:

Okay I took a look at your character (SteakyMcSteakFace). Some the things I noticed:

1) you have the Juggernaut double armor from chest passive, and yet you are running a mediocre (t2 life, crafted cold res) hybrid armor/es chest? I get that it's a 6L, but you could probably sell that for a moderate amount of chaos and then get a better chest (maybe even a 5L, which will cost you about 30c if you use the prophecy on a good chest).

2) What do you mean by "trying to get better rolls on my chest"? If you are using Chaos orbs on your chest, stop immediately, you are burning money. I'd strongly advise against crafting rares until you have a large amount of money that you can afford to burn (high tier crafting is you betting against your resource pool).

3) What's your life/res at right now? You only have about +300 life on your gear (before multipliers), which seems pretty low IMO. Your res are also uncapped as far as I can tell, which can be dangerous at mid to high tier maps or maps with added damage.

I'm sure others have other points to bring up, but these are the ones I immediately noticed.

Thanks for the reply!
to 1) Fair point, yes i am using it cause it's a 6L mostly. With the Iron Reflexes i could even go AR/EV or only EV bases which would be cheaper than AR i guess.
The stats on the chest now are as i said only temp. Cause i was trying to get max life roll & %armour in it (for iLvL 81).

to 2) No, i am not using chaos. Alt/Aug and when i get good stats Regal. But yes, when i think back what i have spent so far, i could have bought a nice chest with it.

to 3) i am currently standing at 5714 HP & 86/87/89/-43 res. If i hit a map with elemental weakness i switch in Purity of Elements Aura.

Does more Armour even help against big hits from Bosses or only vs. small hits? Currently i have 12k.

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by SteakSndwich on Sep 6, 2017, 11:38:09 AM
"
SteakSndwich wrote:
"
Aquadrizzt wrote:
(...)
2) What do you mean by "trying to get better rolls on my chest"? If you are using Chaos orbs on your chest, stop immediately, you are burning money.

to 2) No, i am not using chaos. Alt/Aug and when i get good stats Regal.

IF you want to craft a decent Armour/life chest (something like 2k armour, 100 life), chaos spam is probably the best bet. Of course it's essentially "burning money", but it's the only way apart from highlevel crafting...
You'd want 3 high tier prefixes then, something you cannot achieve with alt/aug/regal/mastercraft.

As long as you stay below 200 chaos (including the ~60c for a decent white 6L), you're doing fine: http://poe.trade/search/ootamoyohenaho
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 6, 2017, 2:35:52 PM
How is the +40% Cyclone Damage on helmet calculated?

Got my helmet with that entchant and my tool tip DPS does not go rly higher...
"
OberstGruber wrote:

It's additive to all other sources of "increased damage" you have, like in your skilltree.

If you have a lot damage in the tree, a rustic sash and a couple quality gems, you'll maybe already have 600% increased.
Adding another 40% from the enchant gives you 640/600 = 6.7% more overall damage.

(this is not 100% accurate as the enchant also increases elemental damage, but it's close enough)
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 6, 2017, 3:15:32 PM
"
MemeKang wrote:
The guide seems to prefer ditching BM passive, prefering to go with BM gems.
How much would the guide change if I decided to pick the BM passive, and would it be worth?

I would use neither. I used the BM gem since start of the league but a couple of days ago I realized I don't need it at all.

The 25% mana I have not reserved is enough combined with the little leech I have from 1 node. If it doesn't work for you you could always pick 1-2 extra mana leech nodes IMO.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
OberstGruber wrote:

It's additive to all other sources of "increased damage" you have, like in your skilltree.

If you have a lot damage in the tree, a rustic sash and a couple quality gems, you'll maybe already have 600% increased.
Adding another 40% from the enchant gives you 640/600 = 6.7% more overall damage.

(this is not 100% accurate as the enchant also increases elemental damage, but it's close enough)

Thank you for your help! I'm thinking about selling that helm and buying a Starforge... Prices are pretty high for that entchant (IF someone pays that!).

Another question:

How to play this build without bloodmagic (as Jugger)? If i would skill it on the tree, i would loose Haste Aura (not a big deal) and curse aura (Vulnerability = BIG DPS Lose).
Sure could switch to low cast when damage taken - Vul ...

Taking bloodmagic gem would be an extrem dps lose, or?

Any tips here Sir :)
"
OberstGruber wrote:

How to play this build without bloodmagic (as Jugger)? If i would skill it on the tree, i would loose Haste Aura (not a big deal) and curse aura (Vulnerability = BIG DPS Lose).

It's not like you have to curse 100% of monsters all the time.

"
Taking bloodmagic gem would be an extrem dps lose, or?

BM gem is shit. You're throwing away a gem link.
I'm already throwing away links for inc Aoe and fortify for convenience, I'd never add another support to that list.

BM passive was also shit in the past, but since 3.0, we got brutality and maim, so we can get away without Added fire, Hatred and Herald of Ash. It's still less overall DpS, but most of this elemental DpS was always "paper DpS", as a physical scaling build rarely uses any sort of resistance penetration.

Thanks again.
So the passiv is the best option, right?

Or is there another way?
"
OberstGruber wrote:
Thanks again.
So the passiv is the best option, right?

Or is there another way?

The "best way" is mana leech, neither bm passive nor bm gem.

But I personally find the BM passive very convenient.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info