(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Btw, since I'm Slayer, I'm immune to bleed and stun. So I guess I should just get curse, ignite and freeze immunity on my flasks. That should help considerably.
"
wunshot wrote:

I tried a physical reflect map yesterday and killed myself a couple times. Any advice for that, other than don't do them? :)

I swap gems:
brutality -> added fire
inc AoE -> phys to lightning
Clearspeed suffers and it still doesn't feel too great, so I only do this when the map rolled with wonderful packsize and quantity, or I corrupted it, cannot change and still want to run it.

"

Thanks again. Loving this build. Btw, check out my passives if you get a sec. I followed lighty's guide, but put six or seven points into the Left sword spec when I bought starforge. Any advice on that would be appreciated too.

Looks fine.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I've been having a lot of fun with this build, but I've noticed that around tier 7-8 maps I start getting pretty squishy against bosses. I'm running Berserker, and although I'm only 76, I've only got 3.8k HP, overcapped elemental resists (no chaos resist yet) and tooltip DPS for Cyclone sits at just over 15k DPS.

I'm a casual, so I'm pretty poor, so my budget is around 15c for improvements. Anyone have suggestions on making myself a bit tankier and faster? I saw a 90-ish Slayer running a Cyclone build in Lab, and he was just all over the place, I feel real slow in comparison.
Is better a 5L belly of the beast or a 100+ Life plate 6L?
"
Jenneke wrote:
I've been having a lot of fun with this build, but I've noticed that around tier 7-8 maps I start getting pretty squishy against bosses. I'm running Berserker, and although I'm only 76, I've only got 3.8k HP, overcapped elemental resists (no chaos resist yet) and tooltip DPS for Cyclone sits at just over 15k DPS.

I'm a casual, so I'm pretty poor, so my budget is around 15c for improvements. Anyone have suggestions on making myself a bit tankier and faster? I saw a 90-ish Slayer running a Cyclone build in Lab, and he was just all over the place, I feel real slow in comparison.

Try to get a starforge 5l and a good plate 6l. My dps at 75 peaked at like 120k dps. Surviveability is much easier when you kill bosses in ten seconds. It allows you to kill the boss while flasking before you run out of charges.

I still have similar issues with some t13 bosses, but like you, I only have mid 4k hp. Life nodes will help, but the best defense is a good offence.
"
Karibean12 wrote:
Is better a 5L belly of the beast or a 100+ Life plate 6L?

It looks like most of the high level ballers go with either a 6l plate or kaom's.

I picked up a decent 6l plate yesterday for 130c. They're not uber expensive unless you're trying to get all three resists along with your life.

"
wunshot wrote:
"
Jenneke wrote:

Try to get a starforge 5l and a good plate 6l. My dps at 75 peaked at like 120k dps. Surviveability is much easier when you kill bosses in ten seconds. It allows you to kill the boss while flasking before you run out of charges.

I still have similar issues with some t13 bosses, but like you, I only have mid 4k hp. Life nodes will help, but the best defense is a good offence.

Maybe you didn't read all the way through my post and didn't see the "...I'm pretty poor, so my budget is around 15c..." part. A 5l Starforge starts around 6ex, and even a 1 socket would be 3ex. And a 6l chest would run about another 20-40c for something with non-garbage rolls.
"
Jenneke wrote:
"
wunshot wrote:
"
Jenneke wrote:

Maybe you didn't read all the way through my post and didn't see the "...I'm pretty poor, so my budget is around 15c..." part. A 5l Starforge starts around 6ex, and even a 1 socket would be 3ex. And a 6l chest would run about another 20-40c for something with non-garbage rolls.

Sorry...didn't see that.

Hezmana's Bloodlust Vaal Axe is probably your best bet.

A five link is equal to a six link because of the built in blood magic. I would send a message to everyone on PoE.trade because the current price is 28c. I'm positive you can get one for 20c. Actually....I'll give you my old one for 15c if you pay me 5c back later when you can afford it.

I think I was hitting around 70k dps with that weapon with cyclone, concentrated effect, melee physical, ruthless and increased fire damage.

I was running that with a 5 link chest and was able to do t11 shaped strand without much problem.

Anyways that's just my 2 cents.

Wunshot

Accidental double post

Wunshot

Last edited by wunshot on Sep 4, 2017, 6:27:01 PM
If youre running Kaom's Chest what gem links do you take out? Warchief?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info