(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
wunshot wrote:

Quick question. I haven't really put many points into life yet (only 4,200hp), and I will be from here on out, but in the meanwhile what flasks can I use for boss fights? I just got one shotted by the promenade bosses and although i'm sure a couple thousand hp will help, is there anything other than Rumi's that would really help my surviveability in the meanwhile?

I like this setup:
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Anyone else having problems with shaper on this build? i've been doing guardians and i haven't had any problems with any of them save for phoenix but that's due to my isp derping around and rubberbanding me back to the explosion.

It could be just my ISP but i have issues dealing with shaper, specifically, in phase 2 where i tend to run out of areas to position the vortex balls. i am based in PH so i use the japan gateway. i'd be lucky if i get a ping of around 98ms but due to a recent storm, there were some breaks in the backbone so our international routing is borked. I had several instances where i would get hit by the shaper smash even if i max-range leap slam twice because of a lag spike.

any tips and tricks to handling shaper would be very helpful as this is the first char that i'm doing that has been able to reach this content. i never really pushed my chars before so it's quite fun to finally challenge end-game content instead of the usual t12-13 farming that i usually do.

current stats
10k armor with determination
7.3k life
capped ele res

slayer full phys cyclone variant
cyclone>damage on full life>brutality>added phys>maim>ruthless/fortify (I swap in fortify for bosses who do telegraphed attacks as the flat 25% reduction in damage is just too good to pass up.)
as of now, i'm starting to focus on improving my survivability as i feel that my dps is already pretty decent.

POB puts my shaper dps at 240k with fortify, 312k if using ruthless

current gear

Is Bronn that bad in this build?
Cyclone slayer - should I be stacking more armor or life and resistances is there some kind of a standard Stat to watch for? Thanks!
life is king, get resists 75% at least, armor wherever it fits after those are met
So I'm nearing having enough currency to purchase either a Starforge or an Atziri's Disfavour.

Which one of the builds (phys/ele Atziri's or Blood Magic Starforge) is better for end-game in people's opinions?
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
wunshot wrote:

Quick question. I haven't really put many points into life yet (only 4,200hp), and I will be from here on out, but in the meanwhile what flasks can I use for boss fights? I just got one shotted by the promenade bosses and although i'm sure a couple thousand hp will help, is there anything other than Rumi's that would really help my surviveability in the meanwhile?

I like this setup:

Thanks! Do you just pop all four at once whenever you engage anything tough?
Perfect, thanks! I will aim for life + resits + armour
"
wunshot wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I like this setup:

Normal/magic mobs up to t16: I oneshot them without flasks, bleed damage cleans up what survives the initial cyclone through the pack.
Harbinger mobs: I usually press 2 and 5 (4 is often not helpful because of proximity shield totems' interaction with knockback)
Rares: 4 or 5 is usually enough to quickly dispose.
Dangerous Essence: Warchief + 4 + 5.
Breaches: all of them, 2-4 (you have 100% flask uptime in breaches due to density, so why not? Also constant bleed immunity is really helpful in breaches.)
Boss fights: Warchief + 4 + 5, ... 1,2,3 only if needed. Vaal Grace if I don't forget to use it.

I bleed: 2 or 3
I'm frozen: 1

I don't have "curse immunity" this time, should maybe roll a flask for it to get rid of temp chains/enfeeble in boss fights.
The life flask probably should also be a utility flask, life flasks on berserkers are kinda useless ... I think I'll try a quicksilver flask later.

I got used to put flasks in the same spots on every character depending on their defensive value:
1 is always freeze removal, 2 is usually curse immunity, 3 is always bleed removal, 4 and 5 are always DpS flasks.
...that's helpful because your fingers maybe remember it, even if your brain is late to the party. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 4, 2017, 3:21:24 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
wunshot wrote:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I like this setup:

Normal/magic mobs up to t16: I oneshot them without flasks, bleed damage cleans up what survives the initial cyclone through the pack.
Harbinger mobs: I usually press 2 and 5 (4 is often not helpful because of proximity shield totems' interaction with knockback)
Rares: 4 or 5 is usually enough to quickly dispose.
Dangerous Essence: Warchief + 4 + 5.
Breaches: all of them, 2-4 (you have 100% flask uptime in breaches due to density, so why not? Also constant bleed immunity is really helpful in breaches.)
Boss fights: Warchief + 4 + 5, ... 1,2,3 only if needed. Vaal Grace if I don't forget to use it.

I bleed: 2 or 3
I'm frozen: 1

I don't have "curse immunity" this time, should maybe roll a flask for it to get rid of temp chains/enfeeble in boss fights.
The life flask probably should also be a utility flask, life flasks on berserkers are kinda useless ... I think I'll try a quicksilver flask later.

I got used to put flasks in the same spots on every character depending on their defensive value:
1 is always freeze removal, 2 is usually curse immunity, 3 is always bleed removal, 4 and 5 are always DpS flasks.
...that's helpful because your fingers maybe remember it, even if your brain is late to the party. ;)

Thanks for the advice. That's what I try to do too, but since nobody really ever explained it before I just spammed everything whenever stuff looks tough.

I tried a physical reflect map yesterday and killed myself a couple times. Any advice for that, other than don't do them? :)

Thanks again. Loving this build. Btw, check out my passives if you get a sec. I followed lighty's guide, but put six or seven points into the Left sword spec when I bought starforge. Any advice on that would be appreciated too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info