(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
vitek wrote:
HI guys, just a quick question. Which skill can be used with this build effectively instead of cyclone?

...any you want.

It's not like melee skilltrees change a lot once you decided upon your weapon.

(ok, if you want heavy elemental conversion, you maybe want to switch a couple nodes)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 31, 2017, 4:48:59 AM
"
Aquadrizzt wrote:
I know that the gloves and the Two-Stone ring are probably pretty mediocre, but I'm looking for suggestions for upgrades.

Life >70
Resists you need
Int if you need
Flat physical damage if you want and can afford (not that important on 2H builds)
...enter in poe.trade and buy the cheapest.

"
but I'm under the impression (given the complete lack of comparable items on PoE.trade) that my chest is actually pretty decent (t1 max chaos, t1 life, t3 light/cold) so if there are other places I could make improvements, that'd be appreciated.

Your chest is fine.

"

In addition, is there any way to find axes between a Hezmana's and an Atziri's? With the Blood Magic innate effect of Hezmana's, I'm basically running a 6L setup (and 5L on my leapslam/ancestral warchief), so anything short of a massive pDPS increase will actually cause a dps loss due to having to spend a socket on Blood Magic instead of chance to bleed.

Save up for Disfavour.

Or craft a rare one yourself. Buy a 6L vaal axe, alt/aug into damage and attackspeed, regal, add mastercraft. This produces weapons with about 460-500 DpS even with mediocre rolls, like mine:

(mine's a bit expensive because I had to multimod it, but I'll also get weapon range on top once Vagan decides to show up 2-3 times, so I'm fine with that)

"

I'd also appreciate comments on my support gems for Cyclone, as I know there are a lot of differing opinions about the best support setups for cyclone.

I'd prefer "Maim" instead of "Chance to Bleed".

"

tl;dr Should I invest in getting 6Ls on my existing gear, or save currency towards upgrading my chest/weapon/whatever else to better rares/uniques? Also, any cheap improvements I could make?

Buy Rings.

Other than that, use what you got to farm for serious upgrades.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 31, 2017, 4:57:24 AM
Hey everyone! I just logged after a long while! And needless to say, I am a bit lost :) I am not rich in any way as I spent currency when I stopped playing, but I now have lvl 75 Marauder with cyclone and no skill points :)
Any advice about passive tree and future progress?
Thank you all!
First of all wanna say biggest thank you to Lighty for creating this thread! Amazingly fun and enjoyable build here! It's my pick for Harbinger league and I got tons of fun with it.

Well, I wanna share some thoughts with you, guys, and may be get some advices, cuz it's my first melee build in PoE.

I'm playing Slayer phys/ele with Atziri Disfavour. Items:
Spoiler

I find useful to use 6L like this: Cyclone - Melee Phys - Added Fire - Maim - Dmg on full life - Inc AOE/Conc Effect for boss. With Slayer leech I'm usually always at full life so it's a big dps boost. At ele reflect maps I'm using Ruthless instead of Added Fire.

For leap slam using next links: Leap slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks - Endur charge on melee stun. I found getting Endurance charges this way quite useful at all.

Guardians, Shaper and Atziri (normal) done with some stupidity deaths (my fault, not experienced at big bosses as for now).
Tooltip DPS in ho (no flasks, with auras Hatred + Herald of Ash) - 92k (AOE), 142k (Conc effect).
At boss with Onslaught/4 frenzy/Atziri Promise flask/Blood Rage DPS is near 300k tooltip.

I know that some gear need a lot of work (leveling gems to max, enchant on helm {no luck atm}, gloves with attack speed, better boots, second steel ring, better belt, exalting steel ring, some jewels are not so good and so on).
My aim is to replace Carnage heart and belt with Daresso Salute and The Retch. What are you thiniking about it and gear at all? Some advices will be appreciated how to make this guy even stronger.

Thanks and sorry for terrible english.
Abaxoth for map boss!!!
Decided to follow that guide, but I think i fucked up really hard with my gear. What can I do in my current position. My character is pertilens. Any help will be appreciated
"
ozmog wrote:
My character is pertilens. Any help will be appreciated

Change profile settings.
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
ozmog wrote:
My character is pertilens. Any help will be appreciated

Change profile settings.

Done
"
ozmog wrote:
Done

You didn't "fuck up" your gear, it's just super-cheap levelling gear.

You should be able to exchange all pieces for about 1 chaos each into:
70+ life
1-2 resists 30%+
(other mods don't really matter)

Then later, you can spend 5+ chaos to get
70+ life
1-2 resists 35%+
+attackspeed (gloves)
+movespeed (boots)
+adds physical damage (rings, amulet)
+Intelligence (helmet, amulet, rings, for increased AoE/conc effect)

Then later, buy a better sword/axe.
Then later, buy a 6L.

In your tree, take the life nodes at templar, not the Dex/Accuracy nodes.
And respec out of all leech nodes, you're a berserker, ffs! ;)
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 1, 2017, 4:51:16 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
ozmog wrote:
Done

You didn't "fuck up" your gear, it's just super-cheap levelling gear.

You should be able to exchange all pieces for about 1 chaos each into:
70+ life
1-2 resists 30%+
(other mods don't really matter)

Then later, you can spend 5+ chaos to get
70+ life
1-2 resists 35%+
+attackspeed (gloves)
+movespeed (boots)
+adds physical damage (rings, amulet)
+Intelligence (helmet, amulet, rings, for increased AoE/conc effect)

Then later, buy a better sword/axe.
Then later, buy a 6L.

In your tree, take the life nodes at templar, not the Dex/Accuracy nodes.
And respec out of all leech nodes, you're a berserker, ffs! ;)

I think I have 7 chaos in the moment. So i go into poe.trade and look for gear with +life +res about helmet gloves and body armor?
Great guide!! Noob question: Why maxing CWDT if you're not running endurance charges? Is it for molten shell?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info