(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey guys, so I've improved quite a bit since last time you helped me out. I'm stuck at about t13 now, what should I improve next? I feel that my dmg is really low, the unbuffed tooltip says 28k :/
Hello.
Quick questions from unexperienced player:
1. Which gems I should up quality first?
2. Ruthless has no effect on DPS tooltip. Is it normal?
3. Which curse is recommended against bosses?
4. I can't buy decent 6L chest or decent DPS weapon, because I'm suffering in SSF league. Is there any relatively easy to collect divination cards that may help?
Big thanks in advance!
"
Peterlerock wrote:

You can take Wrecking Ball instead of one of the Leech clusters, you should have more than enough leech to reach the cap.

Maybe swap into Axes, they have better DpS nodes.

Add levels and quality to Maim and Brutality.

Buy crazy expensive 3 damage stat + life jewels.

But other than that, you have pretty much reached the cap of what you can get.
Using pure physical damage and no auras is a pretty rough self-restriction.

Thanks for the quick reply!

How do I know if/when I have reached my life leech cap? I thought I grabbed some passives that increased my leech cap?
Last edited by lokomotor on Aug 30, 2017, 2:32:47 AM
Hello guys,

I recently started to play PoE and this is my first build. I'm improving my character every day and I enjoy it but now I don't really know what should be the most effective upgrade. That's why I'm here.

This is my gear for now:

I am ok with defences even though I know that I must improve my jewels. Right now I have some difficulties with T10 maps because I can't deal enough damage to bosses.

I actually deal 24.669,4 DPS with my cyclone skill and activated auras and I think it's absolutely not enough! What's better? Buying Atziri's disfavour? 6L the weapon? I don't really know how to effectively invest my currency in order to get a massive improvement of my DPS.
Last edited by Gaemac on Aug 30, 2017, 3:54:52 AM
"
Gaemac wrote:
Hello guys,

I recently started to play PoE and this is my first build. I'm improving my character every day and I enjoy it but now I don't really know what should be the most effective upgrade. That's why I'm here.

This is my gear for now:

I am ok with defences even though I know that I must improve my jewels. Right now I have some difficulties with T10 maps because I can't deal enough damage to bosses.

I actually deal 24.669,4 DPS with my cyclone skill and activated auras and I think it's absolutely not enough! What's better? Buying Atziri's disfavour? 6L the weapon? I don't really know how to effectively invest my currency in order to get a massive improvement of my DPS.

Well there is quite the room for improvement. I can't see your gems on armour so you can ignore points 1 and 2 depending on your gem links.

1) You have Veruso's but no way of gaining endurance charges that I can see? You could for example get warlord's mark with curse on hit for gaining endurance charges and added extra life leech. Personally I find that setup quite useful, but there are other ways to get endurance charges too

2) Get ancestral warchief. It adds to your dps (and benefits from your auras) while also giving you a dps buff while you are close to it. Especially useful against bosses

3) Your cyclone is only 4l, you definitely need to get it to 6l as soon as possible. It will add A LOT of damage (you'd have 4 dmg gems to support cyclone instead of 2). That axe is decent but not worth trying to 6-linking. I'd start by trying to get a 6l armour as soon as possible, you might have to settle for something worse than belly for now. Getting a 6l armour is much cheaper than getting a 6l Atziri's, for example 6l astral plates go for 180c-300c depending on the rolls. Get a 6l armor, then get Atziri's for better dps, then work on getting a 6l Atziri's or Belly.

4) You need a lot higher +life rolls on your gear. You have zero life from your helm and gloves (if you plan on using Veruso's) so it is vital to get at the very least 50+ life (preferably 70+) on your boots, rings and amulet. As of now you have less than +100 max life on your gloves, rings, amulet, boots and helm combined, which is way too little. Work on getting as high life rolls on your gears as possible while staying at capped res. Afterwards when your currency allows it, get +physical attack, +attack speed and +elemental weapon damage as other rolls for increased damage. Cost w
Last edited by Ridman on Aug 30, 2017, 7:44:14 AM
How much would it cost to get this build going? It would be my 2nd character in Harbinger league so I've got a bit of chaos to spend to fund it. I got the Dark Cyclone effect from one of the 30 point boxes and it looks dope so I'm kinda wanting to try this build out. I've played Whirlwind Barb in D3 and this looks comparable so I'm looking at starting it up!
"
Askren25 wrote:
I'm rocking my Cyclone for the first time in a long time, and I THINK I'm on the right path? Never really had a char that could do Uber labs, but I crush Merc lab right now, and aside from bosses, I basically plow through maps. I know my HP and Res are low, but trying to find solutions for those isn't going too well.

Any advice on easy places to upgrade? I know the gloves aren't great, but they're fun, and finding GG tri-res Armor gear hasn't been smooth.

For info purposes: I run 42.5k tooltip DPS at rest, which climbs to nearly 72k when I'm in the middle of a fight with full charges and hit my flasks. I've got 20k Armor, 4.2k health and 76/56/33 Res.

Ok, so I'm still here, still mostly the same gear tho I dropped the Death Rush for a tri-res ring to push me to cap.

First, I REALLY need some passive skill tree suggestions. I'm scouring this tree for ways to eke out survivability (maybe grabbing Res on the tree to free a ring spot for DPS, maybe find more life nodes I haven't taken, etc.), but also I'm looking into some notables. Things like Executioner, for a 54% Phys dmg boost, plus 20% against low life, plus 54% boost for bleed. But I'm not sure if we do apply bleed? I run Maim & Brutality so I don't THINK so, but is there a way (or a reason) to squeeze bleed in here?

Also, Frenzy stacks? I haven't really looked for or invested in them. Worth it?

Also I'm thinking of buying up a pile of Abyssus and rolling them in the Lab (or corrupting) until I get a great implicit mod, but I do have a Devoto's too. Is that really a big increase? I lose some phys damage and stats, and gain movement & attack speed. Not sure if it's a marked improvement over Abyssus?

Also while I really like the Rampage gloves, I'm definitely down for some suggestions on what to put in their place, if anything.

EDIT: So I updated to a 6L Brass Dome which cranks my Armour to 69k in hideout, 71k with Fortify up via Cyclone.
DPS at 51k hideout tooltip, closer to 80k when in a map and with flasks going.
28% chance to bleed, 700-1400 Bleed dps.

Should I try and crank Bleed even higher?
Last edited by Askren25 on Aug 30, 2017, 2:20:59 PM
Hi mates! Im 83lvl berserker cycloner and Im here for advise from more experienced in this build players :)
First I'd like to ask about utility gems for this build. What are most important? And what about golem? This build dont need it anymore?
Secondly, here's my passive tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2EOPBNMFCAUcRbpF-EYkRo4IVUhYCQ3JvgwdzGeNZI5DjpSOuE8BTwtQKBHfk3jTjJQR1dUWfNZ_l4TXz9f0GFSZFJlTWjybydyqXTtdPF2f3aseHp673uMfNl-4IIHg1-DzITEhNmE74VShmCHaoqzj2CQVZOol3mYV5pqnlef36IAplepJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqe_CMBmwKbBo8RYxPbGrsbYz37Yvdlh2Xzawdw94mHkUeoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_JF82_2SPcy-F_46_4K_o8=?accountName=Yatori90&characterName=Sound_Mortis

Im filling it as It should, but maybe something need change? I dont know.

Thirdly, items. Here's my actually item setup with gems and links:

What may I change within? In "bossing" Lighty wrote, for some bosses I'll need extremally high dmg and life. For now my dmg is 37k and 46k while all active effects in fight and I have 4,5k life. Whats your idea to bump dmg and life up?
I know I need to link sockets in helmet, and change belt, one ring and flasks for better, but maybe you'll give me better advise what to change to improve my char?
Hey can someone look at my profile and tell me how my gear is looking?

I'm currently 81 in Hardcore Harbinger playing Slayer.

Thanks.
"
Chaseroonie1 wrote:
How much would it cost to get this build going? It would be my 2nd character in Harbinger league so I've got a bit of chaos to spend to fund it. I got the Dark Cyclone effect from one of the 30 point boxes and it looks dope so I'm kinda wanting to try this build out. I've played Whirlwind Barb in D3 and this looks comparable so I'm looking at starting it up!

What's your goal with this char? It is cheap imo, if you look for save & fast ULab and T13/14

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info