(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hi Guys

I just bought Atziris axe and thought i would feel a huge boost in damage and survivability(in that i kill stuff faster and leech more)

Bur right now my charecter feels squshy and the damage seems underwhelming.. would anyone please have a look at my profile and look for easy optimization options?

Thx in advance.
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:
Yes i know it and i dont need mana so i ask only about dps, with setup are better for more dps (ofc in Herald setup i will take Arctic Armour but its not dps at all) :)

DPS is meaningless. This isn't D3 where it's all about damage. PoE is a game where you learn to defend yourself before ever thinking about dishing out damage. The easy way, or the hard way, that's up to you, but you will learn. If anything, 3.0 made that much more the case than it was for a long, long time.

All these tooltip warriors are bad for the game. 700K DPS, 2M DPS, 20M DPS, who cares? Just 100K will do if you can stay alive. You won't clear maps any faster with 2M DPS, you just shave a few secs off of bosses. Bosses that may one shot you in those seconds and take 4 hours of your time, because you went glass cannon. A few seconds per map vs 4 hours when you die, do the math. There's much more to a good build than tooltip damage. :)

To answer your question: Hatred and Ash will provide slightly more damage than Hatred and Haste.

Thx for the end of this wall of text post about how to play i know how to play safe and ask about dps dont need an advice how to play safe in PoE and what difference have PoE<->D3. Simpy question simply answer, please :)

You may be the only one asking, but you're not the only one reading this. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
AngryBurito wrote:
Hi Guys

I just bought Atziris axe and thought i would feel a huge boost in damage and survivability(in that i kill stuff faster and leech more)

Bur right now my charecter feels squshy and the damage seems underwhelming.. would anyone please have a look at my profile and look for easy optimization options?

Thx in advance.

your tree looks good, i would work towards kaoms for extra life personally. Im not sure why your running phys to lightning it will lower your dmg a bit since there so much ele resists in the game. It also will cut into your physical leech. Personally i would go melee physical, damage on full life, cyclone, increased area of effect/conc effect then whatever feels best in last slot added fire, chance to bleed, ele dmg with attacks, maim, all good choices.
"
Fhark wrote:
"
AngryBurito wrote:
Hi Guys

Thx in advance.

your tree looks good, i would work towards kaoms for extra life personally. Im not sure why your running phys to lightning it will lower your dmg a bit since there so much ele resists in the game. It also will cut into your physical leech. Personally i would go melee physical, damage on full life, cyclone, increased area of effect/conc effect then whatever feels best in last slot added fire, chance to bleed, ele dmg with attacks, maim, all good choices.

You're right, of course, but it's the tooltips that get to people. PtL grants higher tooltip damage, therefor it's seen as a better gem. That said it does hold some value if you also include WED, but on a physical build that's no longer an auto-include. So many better options now.

Also keep in mind that Disfavour has bleed on it. Bleed is based on the physical damage portion of a hit. Now, Cyclone with its super fast tiny hits won't bleed for much, but running PtL will only make that worse.

I really like Maim especially, 30% more damage with a 14% physical increased damage taken on top of it. That's better than 44% more damage, because the 14% increased damage taken is on the target, meaning it's multiplicative with your multiplicative damage modifiers. Same reason why curses have been so damned effective and needed to be nerfed a bit.

This is why I lean toward Starforge more nowadays. The days of Disfavour being hands down the best weapon for Cyclone are numbered it seems. Partly in thanks to Brutality and Maim, Starforge has a chance to truly shine.

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 11, 2017, 5:54:50 AM
Thanks for the above, do you Guys think its better to have the cyclone links in disfavor or my chest?

Assuming i buy a jewellers touch and get it 5L

I like the movespeed from the chest and the +2 to cyclone level, but is it worth?

Last edited by AngryBurito on Aug 11, 2017, 6:03:47 AM
"
AngryBurito wrote:
Thanks for the above, do you Guys think its better to have the cyclone links in disfavor or my chest?

Assuming i buy a jewellers touch and get it 5L

I like the movespeed from the chest and the +2 to cyclone level, but is it worth?

Nah. Increased damage isn't multiplicative. 2 levels on Cyclone is tiny as it's an attack. Attacks scale on weapons instead of skill gems, contrary to spells that are based on the gem.

"
AngryBurito wrote:

did`t take iron reflexes??? why?
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
"
did`t take iron reflexes??? why?

Good question - ill defenantly pick that up, thanks for having a look.
"
Xavathos wrote:

You contradict yourself and otherwise once again repeat literally what I said. Do you read my posts at all?

Brutality builds are better right now even if you only have a Kaoms Primacy. But it is good to keep it a secret.

Cyclone-Brutality-Melee Physical-Dmg on Full Life-Ruthless-Bloodlust is the best DMG Setup you can have right now.
You need manaleech to sustain Cyclone so run Warlords Mark for Life/Mana Leech and Endurance Charges.

If you have insane gear, level and life you can maybe get away with playing without Endurance Charges and run Vulnerability as an aura instead of Warlords. You can reach sick damage so that 1 piece with mana leech and life leech is enough to keep you topped always.

Put up Ancestral Warchief with Maim, Chance to Bleed and Faster Attacks.

I melt Tier15 Bosses and I am lvl 88 with Kaom's Primacy still.

In Path of Building I reach 1.6+ Mio DPS with Lions Roar/Sulphur up, 8000+ hp with perfect gear, 20k Armor (46k with flasks up)

https://pastebin.com/WGnX16wu

You can go more life with a Rare Helmet, Belly of the Beast, Headhunter Belt at the cost of dps.

https://pastebin.com/3bcdR5HP
Here you get to 1.34 Mio DPS with Flasks up 10k life but you also lose 3 Cyclone Radius and some movement speed.

Boots to use Immortal Call, Molten Shell, CWDT, Duration setup though I feel it does not accomplish much once you are already tanky and have such high armor.

You can also sac more life nodes for more dmg to push to 1.8+Mio dps with flasks up but you are losing 1k life.
Last edited by Quizzlemanizzle on Aug 11, 2017, 10:12:26 AM
EDIT:: WRONG THREAD
Last edited by HardKatZe on Aug 11, 2017, 9:26:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info