(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey so I'm super interested in making my second character this season a cyclone based build. The two main iterations of this are lighty's physical cyclone and Ngamahu's flame based cyclone. I'm having a hard time finding information weighing these two builds against each other so if anyone had any idea of what each of them does better / cost etc I'd be super appreciative.
"
IInferno wrote:
Hey so I'm super interested in making my second character this season a cyclone based build. The two main iterations of this are lighty's physical cyclone and Ngamahu's flame based cyclone. I'm having a hard time finding information weighing these two builds against each other so if anyone had any idea of what each of them does better / cost etc I'd be super appreciative.

I have same problem today but if you look on build (skill point) it's close so you can make a cheap reroll all the time :)
That is definitely a very good point..
So from what I've been reading in this thread, if going for the Slayer build, you go for Gladiator first, then over to Destroyer, then WAAAY over to Resolute, then just start grabbing HP nodes? when do you start grabbing the Leech Nodes? and which Ascendancy Skill do you take first?
Hmm haste+hatred or hatred+herald its more dps setup?
"
loczek123 wrote:
Hmm haste+hatred or hatred+herald its more dps setup?

haste+hatred takes 100% reservation, and hatred+herald takes 75% reservation.
Yes i know it and i dont need mana so i ask only about dps, with setup are better for more dps (ofc in Herald setup i will take Arctic Armour but its not dps at all) :)
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:
Hello, what about Brutality Support it's not a good option for cyclone? :)

Only if you use Starforge. (or no Hatred/Ash for whatever reason)

Certainly not only if you don't use Starforge. You can quite easily play the Brutality build without it, you simply cannot use Hatred/Herald.

You contradict yourself and otherwise once again repeat literally what I said. Do you read my posts at all?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
loczek123 wrote:
Yes i know it and i dont need mana so i ask only about dps, with setup are better for more dps (ofc in Herald setup i will take Arctic Armour but its not dps at all) :)

DPS is meaningless. This isn't D3 where it's all about damage. PoE is a game where you learn to defend yourself before ever thinking about dishing out damage. The easy way, or the hard way, that's up to you, but you will learn. If anything, 3.0 made that much more the case than it was for a long, long time.

All these tooltip warriors are bad for the game. 700K DPS, 2M DPS, 20M DPS, who cares? Just 100K will do if you can stay alive. You won't clear maps any faster with 2M DPS, you just shave a few secs off of bosses. Bosses that may one shot you in those seconds and take 4 hours of your time, because you went glass cannon. A few seconds per map vs 4 hours when you die, do the math. There's much more to a good build than tooltip damage. :)

To answer your question: Hatred and Ash will provide slightly more damage than Hatred and Haste.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 11, 2017, 4:17:10 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
loczek123 wrote:

DPS is meaningless. This isn't D3 where it's all about damage. PoE is a game where you learn to defend yourself before ever thinking about dishing out damage. The easy way, or the hard way, that's up to you, but you will learn. If anything, 3.0 made that much more the case than it was for a long, long time.

All these tooltip warriors are bad for the game. 700K DPS, 2M DPS, 20M DPS, who cares? Just 100K will do if you can stay alive. You won't clear maps any faster with 2M DPS, you just shave a few secs off of bosses. Bosses that may one shot you in those seconds and take 4 hours of your time, because you went glass cannon. A few seconds per map vs 4 hours when you die, do the math. There's much more to a good build than tooltip damage. :)

To answer your question: Hatred and Ash will provide slightly more damage than Hatred and Haste.

Thx for the end of this wall of text post about how to play i know how to play safe and ask about dps dont need an advice how to play safe in PoE and what difference have PoE<->D3. Simpy question simply answer, please :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info