(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hello. For levelling im using cyclone but as i gained some levels my dmg is decreasing and looking for a new weapon right now i am using lvl 51 sword terminus.

As im lvl 58 i bought the morah maul which has alot more pdps. But when i checked cyclone dps tooltip i saw it has 100 less dmg than my 51 sword.

Possibly cause the attackspeeed is like half of the terminus?
What weapon would be big upgrade after terminus around lvl 60ish?
"
Shaboom wrote:
What level CWDT/IC setup do you recommend?

I don't even run IC. Having charges up is way better than losing them for a few secs immune to phys (as a Juggernaut ofc).

Fun fact you may not have realised:
Juggernaut takes 8% less damage from ele attacks at full charges. Effectively that's roughly equal to 2% max resist increase.
If you run CWDT/IC and take a large ele hit, IC will proc and take your charges, because CWDT is damage not physical damage. That means that you just lost ele DR when you need it the most.

The only way I would consider IC as a Juggernaut is if I know that I can get my charges back up before the end of IC's effect. But then the above situation still applies and could get you killed.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 10, 2017, 3:33:09 AM
"
Shaboom wrote:
What level CWDT/IC setup do you recommend?

1/3 you HP.

IC by hand only for jagger.
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

58 - Kaom axe.

61 - kongos sword.

64 - hezmana.

later - Starforge/disfavor.
Last edited by 6aPMaJIeuKuH on Aug 10, 2017, 3:37:16 AM
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

58 - Kaom axe.

61 - kongos sword.

64 - hezmana.

later - Starforge/disfavor.

Advice for gear is never that black and white.

You should look at your build, the passives you have and what the weapon offers in terms of sheer damage and utility, and then decide for yourself what you should use before your end-game weapon of choice. It's often very situational and rather easy to figure out yourself.

That said though, for most builds, Hezmana is going to be the best in slot weapon until Atziri/Starforge. Because most builds do not use Blood Magic and Cyclone is always mana heavy. Also Hezmana allows the use of auras still, as it only applies to attacks and on top of that, it's the passive version of Blood Magic, not the support gem, which means it won't have a massive increase in mana (life) cost slapped onto it when attacking.

It's perfect for Cyclone builds. If only it had more damage, it would be a great end-game option too. Slap that Blood Magic on Attacks on Disfavour instead of bleed, and I'll forget all about my Starforge plan...

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 10, 2017, 4:20:49 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Slap that Blood Magic on Attacks on Disfavour instead of bleed, and I'll forget all about my Starforge plan...

25% chance to use blood before mana on attack skill? really? :D (bleed only 25% chance now)

GGG can do this, they really have good fantasy.
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
Slap that Blood Magic on Attacks on Disfavour instead of bleed, and I'll forget all about my Starforge plan...

25% chance to use blood before mana on attack skill? really? :D (bleed only 25% chance now)

GGG can do this, they really have good fantasy.

No, I didn't mean 25% chance. I mean the line on Hezmana for the line on Disfavour.

And 25% chance to bleed was a necessary nerf on Atziri, because of Crimson Dance. 100% would be massively overpowered now with the new potential damage boosts to bleed damage. You would get 8 stacks way too fast and efficiently with that weapon. Heck, Heavy Strike would be able to maintain 8 stacks on 5 sec duration per stack with 100% chance. Bleed from that skill is scary stuff.

Also, 25% is more than enough without Crimson Dance, because bleed lasts for 5 secs. Cyclone easily refreshes it within 5 seconds at 25% chance per hit, which means it's doing all it can do at all times on the targets where it matters, bosses. Everything else will be in pieces before blood even gets a chance to flow.

All that doesn't mean I think Bleed is good at all on Cyclone, I'm just saying.

I will be using Crimson Dance personally. (Starforge 6L Cyclone - Melee Phys - Brutality - Ruthless - Maim - Faster Attacks)
Because it's only 1 point and I get 25% chance to bleed from other passives for free anyway. (Sword cluster) Cyclone also is one of the skills that can easily stack to 8 with 25% chance, so even though bleed is a small portion of my damage, it does something at least. Total of x4 bleed damage on stationary targets (which is most on a melee build) for 1 skill point.

Even if bleed deals only 5k dps, making that 20k just from 1 skill point is imo worth it. Also, Starforge is pure phys, bleed scales only from phys, so I gain more from bleeds than Disfavour/Hatred/Added Fire builds anyway. Won't spec into bleed, except for this one pointer.

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 10, 2017, 5:20:08 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Also, 25% is more than enough without Crimson Dance, because bleed lasts for 5 secs. Cyclone easily refreshes it within 5 seconds at 25% chance per hit, which means it's doing all it can do at all times on the targets where it matters, bosses. Everything else will be in pieces before blood even gets a chance to flow.

Leap slam + Crimson dance..... *Wall*
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Leap slam + Crimson dance..... *Wall*

Maybe I don't understand what you mean, so excuse me but, what does Leap Slam have to do with Crimson Dance at all? I only Leap Slam in my build to apply Fortify and as mobility to dodge stuff.

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 10, 2017, 5:29:25 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Maybe I don't understand what you mean, so excuse me but, what does Leap Slam have to do with Crimson Dance at all? I only Leap Slam in my build to apply Fortify and as mobility to dodge stuff.

Leap slam + chance to bleed + crimson dance..... jump jump jump....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info