(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
gregoyre wrote:
Hello guys :)

I don't know for you, but i got many trouble as a "cycloner" to manage the poison and bleed attacks from Boss. Only few instants to jump on my flask and hope i will have enough charges to end the fight ! :p

I usualy play as marauder (jugg or bersker), but this time for the launch of the 3.0 i've try a hunter version. Very fun so far ! :)

The new gems are very helpfull, with low gear on a 5th link cyclone i got 80K damage (frenzy up - no flask) , which is enough to start the atlas.

bleed - flask or/and phis resist by end charge.

poison - hi regen + some chaos res and/or flask.

thats how i survive in this madness.
-Помню, как толпа крестьян убить меня хотела,
После инквизиторы калечили мне тело!
Все восстало против молодого некроманта,
Сделав меня мучеником моего таланта.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
How are you going to use Blood Magic with Blasphemy and Determination? Unless you mean the gem, which is a lot of wasted dps on what is already the weakest ascendancy. Again, I'd suggest going Blood Magic passive instead.

* Determination is unnecessary; once you're 8+ Endurance Charges you should be sitting at 90% physical DR without much hassle anyway, especially when you have Unbreakable. Hell, you really don't even need Fortify at that point, though you might leave it on Leap Slam on specific bosses.

* You can corrupt Curse on Hit-Vuln on your gloves in place of Blasphemy. Normally I hate this option, because nobody wants to brick a well-crafted pair of rare glove, but since you're a Juggernaut, Versuo's is right up your alley, and cheap enough to vaal as many as necessary.

* BloodMagic passives will give you a huge HP boost, which will help significantly against bosses/magic damage (and increase your life regen to boot, to make up for the lack of Slayer/VP leech). At worst, you'll never have to worry about mana issues, and at best you get a free link for more damage.

Great advice, as always. I was indeed planning to run BM gem in my build. I guess you're doing what I should have done, and daring to think outside the safety box of 50% more armour. I guess you're right that when I'm going to have that much armour from passives alone and those charges on top, I'll be at or so close to the cap that 50% mana reserved would be wasted on another maybe 2-3% phys damage reduction that suffers from huge dimishing returns anyway.

I convinced myself to stick to the aura and not even consider other options. BM passive seemed way out of the plan, since I used auras in my build. The only thing left then is how to apply Vulnerability. It'll have to be either CWDT or corrupted gloves. But you're right, shouldn't be hard/expensive to do on Veruso's which is a mandatory slot for my build anyway.

I'm glad you brought this up, thanks a lot. :)
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
madsrahbek wrote:
simply because I die.

really, wy you die (sarcasm).

you have no damage, have no lifepool, terrible leech. and wrong sub for first character. (jagger was better).

for normal leech and survivability by bers you need at least 4k HP at this lvl.
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Waste of 20 regrets, imo. It's still 20c for nothing. If anything +2 points helps you level too, since you get earlier access to key passives.

you waste lots of orb just playing melee class. it`s not the OP and tanking shaper by facerollkeyboard.

regrets != chaos, in some period of league it will be need nobody.

2% mitigation + 1% life regen before i will take a lots of end charge + 2x
is really good.

Yeah but Kaom's Way has no resists and I already use 3 slots unique without resists in my build. I can't afford to slot both my rings like that just for regen and charges. I guess if I gave up on Veruso's, Death's Door and Kaom's Heart/Brass Dome I could fill those spots with resists instead, but is that worth it? Not to me.

What is the Best Ascend for this Build?
"
Xavathos wrote:

Yeah but Kaom's Way has no resists and I already use 3 slots unique without resists in my build. I can't afford to slot both my rings like that just for regen and charges. I guess if I gave up on Veruso's, Death's Door and Kaom's Heart/Brass Dome I could fill those spots with resists instead, but is that worth it? Not to me.

i dont looked at hi priced unique becouse playing alitle. so kaom ring will be fine.
"
Aerseus wrote:

Jagger/slayer as simplest. do both early - really nice.

bers - need to know how to play whith many taken damage, not simple.
"
Aerseus wrote:

If you want to play it safe, Juggernaut. Lowest damage, highest mitigation and immunities.

If you want to play it unsafe, Berserker. Highest damage, takes increased damage and relies on leech to stay alive, risky combination.

If you can't choose between the above two classes, Slayer. Damage is right in the middle, while getting some good defensive and utility passives like improved leech that doesn't stop at full life, increased AOE radius on skills and 50% less damage taken from physical reflect, which is still the largest portion of your damage (even with Hatred and Added Fire linked)

None of them are bad choices, it's just a preference.

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 9, 2017, 9:44:37 AM
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Aerseus wrote:

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Aerseus wrote:

If you want to play it safe, Juggernaut. Lowest damage, highest mitigation and immunities.

If you want to play it unsafe, Berserker. Highest damage, takes increased damage and relies on leech to stay alive, risky combination.

If you can't choose between the above two classes, Slayer. Damage is right in the middle, while getting some good defensive and utility passives like improved leech that doesn't stop at full life, increased AOE radius on skills and 50% less damage taken from physical reflect, which is still the largest portion of your damage (even with Hatred and Added Fire linked)

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Quick summaries of which is best for Cyclone currently, as I don't think I will be able to read through the entire thread before end of this league :-)
"
tkensei wrote:
"
6aPMaJIeuKuH wrote:
"
Aerseus wrote:

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Aerseus wrote:

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Quick summaries of which is best for Cyclone currently, as I don't think I will be able to read through the entire thread before end of this league :-)

No problem. :)
Raider is also an option, by the way. Damage I'd say is right up there with Berseker, but Raider has less options to go for max life and leans toward evasion rather than armour in that start area. It's imo even more risky than Berserker, but it has the highest mobility (thanks to both movement but also attack speed) of all class choices. That can be a major plus for some players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info