(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey

Just hit 70 and finished A10, until I can afford a good end game weapon, is a hezmana with 5L a good replacement ? Looks to be better that kaom's since it's like a 6L with the free blood magic
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Hey

Just hit 70 and finished A10, until I can afford a good end game weapon, is a hezmana with 5L a good replacement ? Looks to be better that kaom's since it's like a 6L with the free blood magic

Kaom's is better if you have a way to manage mana.

If you don't or run BM anyway, Hezmana is better.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Slayer/Champion/Berserker/Juggernaut, which one of these has the best survivability when it comes to difficult maps/bosses?
"
Xavathos wrote:

Number of ways to work those in.

One is playing Juggernaut and putting your face in between angry things and what they are angry at.

Another is the manual use of Warlord's Mark. Not recommended. You would be better off putting it on a blasphemy, but you'll need Enlighten 4 (or 2 in Atziri's Disfavour) to be able to use a Herald and Hatred still with a curse. Even then you need BM on Cyclone because you'd have 99% reserved mana.

Another more common way is Enduring Cry. Very easy to spam, nifty short boost to life regen as a bonus. Good on bosses too, where the curse will fail you unless it has many adds.

One more alternative is the use of Tidebreaker (2H mace). This weapon will link the support gem Endurance charge on melee stun to your cyclone for free, with 10% inc phy dmg per charge as a bonus.

I believe Lighty said on stream that he was going to be using Tidebreaker, which would explain the lack of charge generators in guide.

There are other gear related ways to gain charges, but these are generally not as practical for Cyclone builds.

That's not the proper way to use Warlord's Mark - link it with a L1 CWDT, since Warlord's Mark gains very little out of being leveled. Linking it to blasphemy is flat out wasteful, unless want it up more consistently while leveling, due to the general lower damage intake.

Tidebreaker is simply a budget weapon; its endurance charge generation is supplementary rather than not primary, as stunning is unreliable, especially against bosses. The build used it with Juggernaut, whose ascendancy provided a much more consistent means generation (on hit).

Enduring Cry is the go-to for bosses, even if you're using another setup for general mapping.
"
Gunteraz wrote:
Slayer/Champion/Berserker/Juggernaut, which one of these has the best survivability when it comes to difficult maps/bosses?

Juggernaut, easily. Fortify from champion can be linked into your cyclone through support. Apart from that, Juggernaut has massives amounts of armour, gets rewarded with offensive boosts for running defensively (endurance charges and fortify) and cannot be slowed below base value.

This last one has tremendous effect that seems highly underrated. It means Temporal Chains, Chill and even Freeze has no effect on your movement. Cyclone itself does not slow you below your base speed. (This is a buff)

Speed makes Cyclone safe, so do not underestimate this passive. Good luck!

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Hey

Kaom's is only better if you're not a Slayer, you're not running a Brutality build, and you're running off mana or BM keystone. Keep in mind as well that Hezmana does not require the links in the weapon itself and automatically supports Totems/Leap Slam as well.

Generally speaking, Hezmana is the best (non-rare) weapon pre-Kitava/Atziri/Starforge.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:

Juggernaut, easily. Fortify from champion can be linked into your cyclone through support. Apart from that, Juggernaut has massives amounts of armour, gets rewarded with offensive boosts for running defensively (endurance charges and fortify) and cannot be slowed below base value.

This last one has tremendous effect that seems highly underrated. It means Temporal Chains, Chill and even Freeze has no effect on your movement. Cyclone itself does not slow you below your base speed. (This is a buff)

Thanks for the advice. I have another question tho- This build does not run Vaal Pact, does this mean it can't do reflect maps? I played this build couple years ago on HC and i died at lvl 70-something to a reflect pack that popped up from underground when i wasn't paying attention. Now im going to play SC but i'd hate to not be able to do reflect stuff. Would slayer help with that? With it 50% less phys reflect?
Or is the massive armor Juggernaut gets also going to mitigate similar amount of reflect?

I have to say i really like the slayer passives. How much less survivable is he?
Last edited by Gunteraz on Aug 8, 2017, 7:38:25 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Hey

yep I play triple aura (hatred/ash/arctic) so I'm looking for BM anyway, think i'll pick up hezmana, the life leech is a nice addition too, can't wait to double my DPS and steamroll some fools :D
I'm running juggernaut, being rather new (this is my second char, I played around talisman league for the first) I'd rather go for safety and reliability
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Shuggananas wrote:
Hey

Kaom's is only better if you're not a Slayer, you're not running a Brutality build, and you're running off mana or BM keystone. Keep in mind as well that Hezmana does not require the links in the weapon itself and automatically supports Totems/Leap Slam as well.

Generally speaking, Hezmana is the best (non-rare) weapon pre-Kitava/Atziri/Starforge.

Yes, that's again basically what I said, with different words...

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Gunteraz wrote:

Juggers main issue is spell damage, on a 2h build you won't have spell block, and probaly also won't have spell dodge.

Also since Kaom's roots were changed, Jugger isn't that special anymore.

Slayer and Berserker can play "life sponge" with their insane leech, against any type of damage that doesn't oneshoot.

So I'd rank them...

1. Slayer (insane leech, immunity to bleed)
2. Berserker (a bit weaker: has "increased damage taken" and needs to travel to Vaal Pact)
3. Jugger (one-sided defense, but probably still best against physical damage)
4. Champion (any other class can have fortify uptime as well)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info