(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Gunteraz wrote:
Thank you both for your answers. I'm still quite torn between slayer and juggernaut. I'll need to think about it some more. The whole immunity to bleed thing seems quite irrelevant to me, i always have a flask that removes bleed with me and i don't think i have ever had any problems with it.
How long does the slayer leech last once you are at full health and stop hitting things?

Slayer leech is something some people don't fully understand. It's not as OP as it seems on first sight.

While the wording is exactly true, Leech doesn't STOP on full health, Leech also doesn't START on full health. And that's an important detail.

If you are cycloning happily and you're getting really good at avoiding taking any hits, you'll stop yourself from gaining leech. Also, if you take say, 1% of your health in damage, 1 hit will leech you back to full, but that's won't reach the leech cap. You will not however, stack more leech upon that to reach the cap because you're already at full health again. It will just run its course until it wears off, or continue healing if you take another hit before it wears off. Does that make enough sense to you? :/

Bottom line is this: You do NOT leech at full health. If you leech while below full health, that leech will not STOP until it naturally wears off and will continue even if you take damage again while it's in effect. It will NOT become "stronger" while at full health, because you do not leech. Essentially, you need to take damage constantly to get the real value from that leech node.

Lorewise kind of in line with the whole idea behind a Slayer. Focused on slaying that rare/boss at any cost and do not stop until it's dead. Where as Berserker is more like the reckless abandon class that throws all caution to the wind for a massive increase in damage potential.

If it didn't work the way I described above, Slayer would be massively OP. I totally get why GGG made it work this way. That said, it's still an immensely powerful node, especially with all the increased leech rate that Slayer gets.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 8, 2017, 8:53:09 AM
This may be a stupid question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered (I couldn't find a way to search replies), but how do you generate endurance charges with this build?
I can see the Juggernaut ascendancy path gives a 30% chance on hit to generate a charge, but what if you choose another path and/or class?
I just can't see an ability that helps generate them, yet one of the utilities is immortal all. Am I just misunderstanding the use of immortal call here? (do you actually not need endurance charges?)

I'm clearly just a bit confused and happily admit to being a noob so any help here would be amazing, cheers!
"
Noomnahor wrote:
how do you generate endurance charges with this build?

Use Enduring Cry regularly.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Noomnahor wrote:
This may be a stupid question, and I'm sorry if it's been answered (I couldn't find a way to search replies), but how do you generate endurance charges with this build?
I can see the Juggernaut ascendancy path gives a 30% chance on hit to generate a charge, but what if you choose another path and/or class?
I just can't see an ability that helps generate them, yet one of the utilities is immortal all. Am I just misunderstanding the use of immortal call here? (do you actually not need endurance charges?)

I'm clearly just a bit confused and happily admit to being a noob so any help here would be amazing, cheers!

"
Xavathos wrote:
Number of ways to work Endurance charges in.

One is playing Juggernaut and putting your face in between angry things and what they are angry at.

Another is the manual use of Warlord's Mark. Not recommended.

You would be better off putting it on a blasphemy, but you'll need Enlighten 4 (or 2 in Atziri's Disfavour) to be able to use a Herald and Hatred still with a curse. Even then you need Blood Magic support on Cyclone because you'd have 99% reserved mana.

Alternatively you could run Curse on Hit with a Herald of Ice (Ash doesn't work because it doesn't hit) or Cast When Damage Taken setups with Warlord's Mark to gain endurance charges, as suggested by Archimtiros. The latter is the best option in this case. Herald of Ice has no place in this build.

Another very common and easy way is Enduring Cry. Very easy to spam, nifty short boost to life regen as a bonus. Good on bosses too, where the curse will fail you unless it has many adds.

One more alternative is the use of Tidebreaker (2H mace). This weapon will link the support gem Endurance charge on melee stun to your cyclone for free, with 10% inc phy dmg per charge as a bonus.

I believe Lighty said on stream that he was going to be using Tidebreaker, which would explain the lack of charge generators in his guide.

There are other gear related ways to gain charges, such as Daresso's Defiance and Vengeance/Stun/Charge on Melee Stun, but these are generally not as practical for Cyclone builds.

Read my quote above. :)
No such thing as stupid questions.

Just edited it going a little lighter on the abbreviations, considering you're a new player. My bad!

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 8, 2017, 9:12:33 AM
1more q) So, if i'm going Juggernaut i don't have anymore need in side generation of endurance charges? Or this class passive is not enought?
Last edited by Kliops144 on Aug 8, 2017, 10:17:38 AM
"
Kliops144 wrote:
1more q) So, if i'm going Juggernaut i don't have anymore need in side generation of endurance charges? Or this class passive is not enought to get charges?

For general mapping I would say the Juggernaut endurance charge generation from taking hits is plenty. 30% is a very good chance when considering that you won't go out of your way to dodge hits from melee/ranged trash mobs, and you only need to get a charge every 10-15 secs depending on your passive tree, to keep them all up.

That said though, I highly advise you to keep just a single socket Enduring Cry on your bar regardless. Just for those situations when you travel long distances or encounter bosses that you don't want to be tanking. Just so you can keep refreshing your charges without taking damage on purpose. Remember that Enduring Cry also can generate the full number of Endurance charges in a single use, thanks to the Juggernaut passive, regardless of number of enemies nearby.

Last edited by Xavathos on Aug 8, 2017, 10:20:58 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Noomnahor wrote:

"
Xavathos wrote:
Number of ways to work Endurance charges in.

One is playing Juggernaut and putting your face in between angry things and what they are angry at.

Another is the manual use of Warlord's Mark. Not recommended.

You would be better off putting it on a blasphemy, but you'll need Enlighten 4 (or 2 in Atziri's Disfavour) to be able to use a Herald and Hatred still with a curse. Even then you need Blood Magic support on Cyclone because you'd have 99% reserved mana.

Alternatively you could run Curse on Hit with a Herald of Ice (Ash doesn't work because it doesn't hit) or Cast When Damage Taken setups with Warlord's Mark to gain endurance charges, as suggested by Archimtiros. The latter is the best option in this case. Herald of Ice has no place in this build.

Another very common and easy way is Enduring Cry. Very easy to spam, nifty short boost to life regen as a bonus. Good on bosses too, where the curse will fail you unless it has many adds.

One more alternative is the use of Tidebreaker (2H mace). This weapon will link the support gem Endurance charge on melee stun to your cyclone for free, with 10% inc phy dmg per charge as a bonus.

I believe Lighty said on stream that he was going to be using Tidebreaker, which would explain the lack of charge generators in his guide.

There are other gear related ways to gain charges, such as Daresso's Defiance and Vengeance/Stun/Charge on Melee Stun, but these are generally not as practical for Cyclone builds.

Read my quote above. :)
No such thing as stupid questions.

Just edited it going a little lighter on the abbreviations, considering you're a new player. My bad!

Regarding endurance charge generation, I've found Vengeance and Leap Slam with End charge on melee stun support to be quite effective. Here is what I run as a Slayer, mind:

I have also automated frenzy generation with this:
(level1 because I'm minimizing degen)
I need some help with my build, currently I can't farm tier 1 maps, simply because I die.

A link to my char https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/madsrahbek/characters

(The only character I have in harbinger league)

HP is currently at 2900...

my res uncapped are (138,116,119) (fire,cold,light)
"
madsrahbek wrote:
I need some help with my build, currently I can't farm tier 1 maps, simply because I die.

A link to my char https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/madsrahbek/characters

(The only character I have in harbinger league)

HP is currently at 2900...

my res uncapped are (138,116,119) (fire,cold,light)

Your profile is set to private, so we cannot view your character.
IGN: Fara_CantStopWontStop
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058741
Thanks for so much information\answers guys! A lot of things are behind the build-guide. Tell us some about a CWDT optimal leveling pls).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info