(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
moooff wrote:
Great Build !

Iam having a blast a Duelist ... however one question: how to generate endurance charges?

So there are 3 common ways to generate endurance charges that work for all cyclone build variants. You can either self cast enduring cry which is the most invasive but effective method. You can link skills such as vengeance and/or leap slam to endurance charge on melee stun for the less effective but least invasive method. Finally you can use warlords mark which has a chance to gran endurance charges when killing cursed enemies, this is often used with a lower level cast when damage taken setup to curse as many enemies as possible. Alternatively you can use the blasphemy skill to aurify warlords mark for guaranteed constant application.
LightyGaming.com
"
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Thanks for sharing Lighty.

I opted for Duelist. The progression, at least for me, it was easy. Not very fast but easy since I had a good portion of the items.

I only had problems in the Labyrinth(Merciless) because the Izaro crushed me twice. I was on level 70. I gave up for a while.

I made some changes and now level 83 finally I won Izaro and even easily. It just was not better because of that horrible lag.

Items:
Spoiler

To fight with Izaro:

Tree:

So in general Merciless Lab is difficult for most builds and can be lethal for anyone, Izaro is capable of hitting upwards of 7K with minor buffs and combination attacks. For your gear you can upgrade most your rares and definitely replace le huep as its very poor compared to a 5-10c rare ring when most it offers are increased values compared to more values. On your tree if you decide to enter the melee phys nodes in marauder (as you did) there is little reason not to get the starting 2 with higher than average values, otherwise everything looks in order.

Thank you. I'll try to make some improvements in the coming days.

Sounds good buddy, let me know how it goes
LightyGaming.com
Made my first hardcore character this last week using this build. Made it to 83 before I died to lightning thorns on twinned promenade boss. I had 6k health, capped res, and everything up. The only other thing I think I could've done that might've helped was having a topaz flask up. Even then, I died in the span of one cyclone. Really caught me by surprise as I almost never went below 2/3 health up to this point other than on buffed izaro. I had also killed the boss before, guess I just got lucky and killed them before lightning thorns was cast.

Will definitely heed warnings about a builds weaknesses and read up a little more about each map's bosses for hardcore in the future. Overall I exceeded my original goal of making it through merc though. I was pretty unlucky with currency and item drops overall on this character, so the hezmana axe made getting good dps without a 5-link a lot more attainable.
"
buckylou wrote:
Made my first hardcore character this last week using this build. Made it to 83 before I died to lightning thorns on twinned promenade boss. I had 6k health, capped res, and everything up. The only other thing I think I could've done that might've helped was having a topaz flask up. Even then, I died in the span of one cyclone. Really caught me by surprise as I almost never went below 2/3 health up to this point other than on buffed izaro. I had also killed the boss before, guess I just got lucky and killed them before lightning thorns was cast.

Will definitely heed warnings about a builds weaknesses and read up a little more about each map's bosses for hardcore in the future. Overall I exceeded my original goal of making it through merc though. I was pretty unlucky with currency and item drops overall on this character, so the hezmana axe made getting good dps without a 5-link a lot more attainable.

Ive seen players in my party, doing a zana in a t13 map that gave us promenade rip to that boss's lightning thorns at lv 97. Its hyper rippy if you disrespect it like many of the bosses in POE. Hardcore is about learning through deaths although many will occur from dc/-fps/game freeze. We live, we die, we live again.
LightyGaming.com
"
I want to run my cyclone setup on my chest so I can leave disfavour 6L for the level 6 enlighten to run hatred, HoA and Blasphemy. But I wanted to run Warlords Mark(for endurance charges and more leech) and another curse to maximise dps (punishsment, or vunerability), I'd compensate by getting additional curse corrupted on amulet. However if I do this I was wondering whether the 2% mana leech from warlord would be enough to remove thr bloodmagic link and survive cyclone with the remaining percent left by enlighten, something like 100-110*0.8=12%. Since that'd leave me with a spare socket I could link increased aoe or concentrated effect : more dps.

Is the 12% enough raw mana (maybe 80ish mana) to use cyclone 2+ times, esp with the 1.4 mana multiplier?

If it is, then I think so. I tried it and SOMEtimes I would be about .5s without using cyclone. Really annoyed me as I like to cyclone freely.

I run hatred on essence worm, and HOA and Blasphemy (1curse) with enlighten 3 on other gear. Total unreserved is 22%. From the aura calculator, you could have 26% unreserved with enlighten 4 if you do 2xBlasphemy with the enlighten and hatred on essence worm.

Last edited by HackerStacker on Apr 1, 2016, 9:36:07 AM
"
HackerStacker wrote:
"
I want to run my cyclone setup on my chest so I can leave disfavour 6L for the level 6 enlighten to run hatred, HoA and Blasphemy. But I wanted to run Warlords Mark(for endurance charges and more leech) and another curse to maximise dps (punishsment, or vunerability), I'd compensate by getting additional curse corrupted on amulet. However if I do this I was wondering whether the 2% mana leech from warlord would be enough to remove thr bloodmagic link and survive cyclone with the remaining percent left by enlighten, something like 100-110*0.8=12%. Since that'd leave me with a spare socket I could link increased aoe or concentrated effect : more dps.

Is the 12% enough raw mana (maybe 80ish mana) to use cyclone 2+ times, esp with the 1.4 mana multiplier?

If it is, then I think so. I tried it and SOMEtimes I would be about .5s without using cyclone. Really annoyed me as I like to cyclone freely.

I run hatred on essence worm, and HOA and Blasphemy (1curse) with enlighten 3 on other gear. Total unreserved is 22%. From the aura calculator, you could have 26% unreserved with enlighten 4 if you do 2xBlasphemy with the enlighten and hatred on essence worm.

2% "should" be enough be ultimately it depends on how fast your attacking and how much phys your doing to leech back. I suggest grabbing mana leech on 1-2 jewels which is very easy or you can have it as a mastercraft prefix on gloves. Its definitely do-able but requires that unique setup of lv4 enlighten and disfavour with the chest sockets open. If worse case scenario you can spend 4 points and grab the top 2 of the mana leech cluster for .8 mana .4 life until you fix your setup.
LightyGaming.com
Hi, just watched your Uber video, I wonder what is your tooltip dps when doing her?
Planning on giving Uber a shot w my crit cycloner, and just want general pointer on how fast
I can take the bosses down.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Great build, great leveling skill tree, really having fun with this, but I do have a question about Duelist > Champion Ascendancy. I am spending 4 points to get to perma fortify, that's a given, loving that thing so much.

Those last 2 points, you pointed to Inspirational, which I totally agree, but what if you run Iron Reflexes? You technically double dip, meaning it's 200% armor and 400% Evasion as armor + other bonuses.

I managed to get a Lightning coil, I got Atziri's Step and I am thinking of maybe getting Alpha's Howl, that's a lot of evasion combined, which in turn would turn into ridiculous amount of armor if I ever get to low life. Alpha's Howl allows me to run Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire, blasphemy and Warlord's mark, which reserves ~97% mana, which puts me at almost 2k evasion before buffs. With the double dip, that's 4x the armor on low life, or 8k!

Or is it still better in that case to just run Inspirational?
"
Dkodr wrote:
Hi, just watched your Uber video, I wonder what is your tooltip dps when doing her?
Planning on giving Uber a shot w my crit cycloner, and just want general pointer on how fast
I can take the bosses down.

At the time it was roughly 150k and lacking imo. Now im pushing 300k with berserker and will attempt her around 10 times towards the end of perandus league, with I assume positive results. I now have a mirror weapon and far superior gear so it should be good.
LightyGaming.com
"
Icemasta wrote:
Great build, great leveling skill tree, really having fun with this, but I do have a question about Duelist > Champion Ascendancy. I am spending 4 points to get to perma fortify, that's a given, loving that thing so much.

Those last 2 points, you pointed to Inspirational, which I totally agree, but what if you run Iron Reflexes? You technically double dip, meaning it's 200% armor and 400% Evasion as armor + other bonuses.

I managed to get a Lightning coil, I got Atziri's Step and I am thinking of maybe getting Alpha's Howl, that's a lot of evasion combined, which in turn would turn into ridiculous amount of armor if I ever get to low life. Alpha's Howl allows me to run Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire, blasphemy and Warlord's mark, which reserves ~97% mana, which puts me at almost 2k evasion before buffs. With the double dip, that's 4x the armor on low life, or 8k!

Or is it still better in that case to just run Inspirational?

So essentially first to strike last to fall is the safest option for sure but when in a party or needing movement speed (which is its own form of mitigation) inspirational is better. For example i was playing a build that was champion but used whirling blades for movement, so inspirational fell off and I chose FTSLTF. Now the armour/eva you gain from it is massive but more important is the status removal (shock/ignite/freeze) when reaching lowlife. This is especially important when taking a large crit from a fire/lightning attack to remove shock or a large ignite; this can save you. In summation go inpirational if you feel your clear speed is lacking and you feel safe, otherwise go FTSLTF.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info