(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
maljbre wrote:
Yo lighty i've been running a 5L set up since now but im about to transition into the 6L set up. Since now i've been running: CYCONE-FORTIFY-ADDED FIRE-MELEE PHYS DMG-BLOOD MAGIC.

Should i get conc effect,faster attacks or increased area of effect (or even some orther gem) for the 6th link?

Also is a good idea to remove fortify from the cyclone liks and put it on some orther skill like leap slam to keep its uptime but have an additional "pure dps" support gem to the cyclone links?

Note that i'm an AXE build and don't use an additional set up like vaal ground slam but only leap slam.

Wed will give you the most dps and the additional gem will either be faster attacks or conc/inc aoe if you decide to remove fortify and go champion (duelist). You can also toss fortify into a leap slam setup in your spare 5l along with a curse on hit setup potentially. Curse on hit + curse + leap slam + fortify + bloodmagic; may work well for what you want.
LightyGaming.com
"
Cruzzz wrote:
Need build for HC new Leage. Duelist Champion or Maradeur Berserk ?
Cyclone or ice crash.

Champion is the best overall imo and id prefer cyclone over ice crash purely for its mechanical mobility however im heavily biased; however theirs a reason that the majority of rt players who hit 100 in hc are cyclone.
LightyGaming.com
"
aMIgolala wrote:
with the new juggernaut ascendance, +1000 accuracy rating, does that mean that Cycloner can now Crit? since we don't really need RT that much now?

1000 accuracy wont even get us over 92% accuracy if we drop rt, we have basically 0% accuracy scaling. Tts simply not worth not going rt, its along our pathing anyway and cyclone is about consistency when in combat.
LightyGaming.com
"
Drahken wrote:
thanks for the write up, very nicely done.

all though I don't agree with some of these choices.. your gear and passives.. and your gems.

first off I really think bloodmagic is not the way to do it. certaintly not at the expense of a gem slot.

I have a full 6 link but I wish I had room for a few more gems.. most notably faster attacks, concentrated effect or increased melee on full life.

I couldn't imagine using a bloodmagic gem over any of those 3, or the 6 I have slotted into my disfavour.

I personally run 2 auras, and with a few cool little items I always have mana for cyclone.

I also run a gem in my cyclone and have for a long time that I don't see anyone else talk about.. and it is my #1 gem.

the fortify thing I have been big on for a while but that is old news aswell.

I currently run level 12 maps right now and I shred everything on contact (200k damage on the tooltip but I believe its much higher).

Only 4.5k life but I constantly have 90% damage reduction up.

anyhow sorry I am not spilling the beans on everything I am sure there are others that play exactly like I do. if anyone has any specific questions or wants some tips msg me.. I have played cyclone exclusively from the very second it was released and I have played POE since jan2012

Your painfully vague in most your sentences and since your character isn't set to public I cannot see what you mean aside from it being lv89. Of the many sentences I read you mentioned 4.5k life which seems painfully low and melee on full life which doesn't work with bloodrage. If you have any useful information to add please do and if its credible I will add it to the guide, whatever best for the cyclone community.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 29, 2016, 4:43:46 PM
I looked at your passive tree update for 2.2 and I feel like HC characters may need more % life. Do you plan on updating the tree for HC, or were those passive trees HC-doable?

2.2 (will update to poe planer when its updated)
Ascendancy Subclass Picks (in order of my preference)
  • Champion (Duelist) - Inspiration + Fortitude
  • Juggernaut (Marauder) - Unstoppable + Unbreakable + Unflinching?
  • Berserker (Marauder) - Aspect of Carnage + Right of Ruin
  • Ascendant (Scion) - Juggernaut + Slayer/Champion Best Combo IMO
  • Slayer (Duelist) - Bane of Legends + Brutal Fervor

If there is a tree you want thats not on the list, Lmk and I'll add it assuming it belongs.

Regards,

Lighty
LightyGaming.com
"
Monitick wrote:
I looked at your passive tree update for 2.2 and I feel like HC characters may need more % life. Do you plan on updating the tree for HC, or were those passive trees HC-doable?

I found 180% life to be enough in the past considering our gear choices and subclasses to be mostly defensive in nature, however your right in the scion life wheel and can pick up another 30% life to make it 210% life which should satisfy your HC needs.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

all though I don't agree with some of these choices.. your gear and passives.. and your gems.

first off I really think bloodmagic is not the way to do it. certaintly not at the expense of a gem slot.

I have a full 6 link but I wish I had room for a few more gems.. most notably faster attacks, concentrated effect or increased melee on full life.

I couldn't imagine using a bloodmagic gem over any of those 3, or the 6 I have slotted into my disfavour.

I personally run 2 auras, and with a few cool little items I always have mana for cyclone.

I also run a gem in my cyclone and have for a long time that I don't see anyone else talk about.. and it is my #1 gem.

I currently run level 12 maps right now and I shred everything on contact (200k damage on the tooltip but I believe its much higher).

anyhow sorry I am not spilling the beans on everything I am sure there are others that play exactly like I do. if anyone has any specific questions or wants some tips msg me.. I have played cyclone exclusively from the very second it was released and I have played POE since jan2012

Your painfully vague in most your sentences and since your character isn't set to public I cannot see what you mean aside from it being lv89. Of the many sentences I read you mentioned 4.5k life which seems painfully low and melee on full life which doesn't work with bloodrage. If you have any useful information to add please do and if its credible I will add it to the guide, whatever best for the cyclone community.

hi!

thanks for the reply, I gave up bloodrage a long time ago I really don't think the benefits are worth it.. I do run 8 endurance charges and it was nice having frenzy charges also but the damage increase from melee full damage increase (from daresso's amulet) and a few other personal reasons outweighed it for me.

I do know my life is very low also but like I said 90% damage reduction, maxed resists and a lot of leech make it pretty good, always room to improve and trying to figure out ways to bump my life is one of my goals.

recently (yesterday) I decided to switch over to surgebinders gloves, I figure if I go unrelenting, unflinching, unyielding on ascension.. each of my endurance charges will add 13% increased physical damage, for a total of 117% increased damage. I could be completely miscalculating this and assuming too much, for all I know these surgebinders could suck I just got them and the real world tests wasn't a huge jump from my previous setup (had to change gloves and a ring, and that was actually a very strong setup so it is atleast on par with that)

the think about surge binders are they also add elemental damage increase with frenzy charges.. so that is another reason for me to give bloodrage a shot again.

I know it isn't saying much but I cleared malachai really quickly with this build, and do level 12 maps.. have lots of 11/12 maps which I can do pretty easily.. no comment on anything above those because frankly I haven't played them much.

Previous comment
"
Drahken wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Drahken wrote:

hi!

thanks for the reply, I gave up bloodrage a long time ago I really don't think the benefits are worth it.. I do run 8 endurance charges and it was nice having frenzy charges also but the damage increase from melee full damage increase (from daresso's amulet) and a few other personal reasons outweighed it for me.

I do know my life is very low also but like I said 90% damage reduction, maxed resists and a lot of leech make it pretty good, always room to improve and trying to figure out ways to bump my life is one of my goals.

recently (yesterday) I decided to switch over to surgebinders gloves, I figure if I go unrelenting, unflinching, unyielding on ascension.. each of my endurance charges will add 13% increased physical damage, for a total of 117% increased damage. I could be completely miscalculating this and assuming too much, for all I know these surgebinders could suck I just got them and the real world tests wasn't a huge jump from my previous setup (had to change gloves and a ring, and that was actually a very strong setup so it is atleast on par with that)

the think about surge binders are they also add elemental damage increase with frenzy charges.. so that is another reason for me to give bloodrage a shot again.

I know it isn't saying much but I cleared malachai really quickly with this build, and do level 12 maps.. have lots of 11/12 maps which I can do pretty easily.. no comment on anything above those because frankly I haven't played them much.

I will check out surgebinders and there potential in the upcoming weeks and if it produces results I will add it to the unique list. Daresso has been added to the unqiue list for some time and melee damage on full life's uptime is questionable in many maps and situations. As of now I can clear every t15 map without much issue and get to uber aztiri deathless but haven't been able to down her; haven't tried more than 10 attempts either so its very possible but extremely inefficient for 2h rt cyclone.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 29, 2016, 6:07:28 PM
"
Lighty wrote:

2.2 (will update to poe planer when its updated)
Ascendancy Subclass Picks (in order of my preference)
  • Champion (Duelist) - Inspiration + Fortitude
  • Juggernaut (Marauder) - Unstoppable + Unbreakable + Unflinching?
  • Berserker (Marauder) - Aspect of Carnage + Right of Ruin
  • Ascendant (Scion) - Juggernaut + Slayer/Champion Best Combo IMO
  • Slayer (Duelist) - Bane of Legends + Brutal Fervor

If there is a tree you want thats not on the list, Lmk and I'll add it assuming it belongs.

Regards,

Lighty

Thanks for the updates.

Although I'm not a big fan of Juggernaut, I'm curious what you think of Unyielding rather than Unflinching for softcore.

I'm also surprised that you weighted Slayer so low. Looking forward to hearing more expanded thoughts about the subclasses as we get closer to launch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info