(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Need build for HC new Leage. Duelist Champion or Maradeur Berserk ?
Cyclone or ice crash.

Some interesting info regarding the Kaoms Primacy Vs. Hezmana's Bloodlust Vs. Atziri's Disfavour debate by Ezeziel on reddit.

TL;DR Disfavour > Hezmana > Primacy

Going to respond to the past days questions/comments before Tonight's Stream.

LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 28, 2016, 3:08:24 PM
with the new juggernaut ascendance, +1000 accuracy rating, does that mean that Cycloner can now Crit? since we don't really need RT that much now?
Ive been running lightys build and have no problems with dps really.. honestly the 40% more dmg isnt really needed for me unless new content arrives thats much harder or something. I feel like the 100% dmg as leech or whatever is going to be what i go for... I have 10k life with max resists and about 18k armour and i dont think bosses could kill me with that leech... I havnt looked into the update much, but as long as i can respec if i dont like it then that is what i will be going for. Interested to see what others think because i could always build more defence up and then go for the 40% more dmg to make up for it.
New (preliminary) passive tree is up. It doesn't seem like much changed on the Marauder side, though there are a few small changes. Most notably, Bloodletting has moved to the left, where Deft Blade used to be and requires only a 4 point deviation from the standard Axe tree, rather than 6.

I'm sure there are a few other changes I've missed, and I haven't looked at the right side of Duelist yet, but I imagine there's not much compelling in that direction to begin with. Keep in mind that there will likely be some fine tuning to come before release.

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree

*Note that the Ascendancy sub-class trees are located around the edges of the map, and can only be activated if you've chosen the associated class (duh). Also note that they currently use normal skill points, rather than actual limit of 6. This means, with enough free points, the tool will allow you to select as many Ascendancy skill points as you like, even from more than one tree. Obviously this is a bug with the tool and not reflective of what will happen when the expansion goes live.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Feb 29, 2016, 1:45:49 AM
Yo lighty i've been running a 5L set up since now but im about to transition into the 6L set up. Since now i've been running: CYCONE-FORTIFY-ADDED FIRE-MELEE PHYS DMG-BLOOD MAGIC.

Should i get conc effect,faster attacks or increased area of effect (or even some orther gem) for the 6th link?

Also is a good idea to remove fortify from the cyclone liks and put it on some orther skill like leap slam to keep its uptime but have an additional "pure dps" support gem to the cyclone links?

Note that i'm an AXE build and don't use an additional set up like vaal ground slam but only leap slam.
Jesus used Cast on Death

Was thinking about using this in standard. Would it be better than just using an amulet with flat damage and WEP.

With it, I get a small more modifier (which might be increased further by WED support gem?-I am not sure), and save on some attribute affixes in other places.

Thanks!
Last edited by HackerStacker on Feb 29, 2016, 12:35:29 PM
thanks for the write up, very nicely done.

all though I don't agree with some of these choices.. your gear and passives.. and your gems.

first off I really think bloodmagic is not the way to do it. certaintly not at the expense of a gem slot.

I have a full 6 link but I wish I had room for a few more gems.. most notably faster attacks, concentrated effect or increased melee on full life.

I couldn't imagine using a bloodmagic gem over any of those 3, or the 6 I have slotted into my disfavour.

I personally run 2 auras, and with a few cool little items I always have mana for cyclone.

I also run a gem in my cyclone and have for a long time that I don't see anyone else talk about.. and it is my #1 gem.

the fortify thing I have been big on for a while but that is old news aswell.

I currently run level 12 maps right now and I shred everything on contact (200k damage on the tooltip but I believe its much higher).

Only 4.5k life but I constantly have 90% damage reduction up.

anyhow sorry I am not spilling the beans on everything I am sure there are others that play exactly like I do. if anyone has any specific questions or wants some tips msg me.. I have played cyclone exclusively from the very second it was released and I have played POE since jan2012

2.2 (will update to poe planer when its updated)
Ascendancy Subclass Picks (in order of my preference)
  • Champion (Duelist) - Inspiration + Fortitude
  • Juggernaut (Marauder) - Unstoppable + Unbreakable + Unflinching?
  • Berserker (Marauder) - Aspect of Carnage + Right of Ruin
  • Ascendant (Scion) - Juggernaut + Slayer/Champion Best Combo IMO
  • Slayer (Duelist) - Bane of Legends + Brutal Fervor

If there is a tree you want thats not on the list, Lmk and I'll add it assuming it belongs.

Regards,

Lighty
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Feb 29, 2016, 4:29:57 PM
"
HackerStacker wrote:

Was thinking about using this in standard. Would it be better than just using an amulet with flat damage and WEP.

With it, I get a small more modifier (which might be increased further by WED support gem?-I am not sure), and save on some attribute affixes in other places.

Thanks!

Its a nice amulet and I doubt it would beat out t1wed and t1flat phys, not to mention res or life. The increased attributes may be worse than flat attributes since its scaling what you may not have. 24% attributes scalling off shit amounts of int/dex wont beat 50dex/int on an ammy. Regardless if you use it It will sell for a decent amount in std unless talisman gets added to the core game.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info