(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

which ascendancy class do you think is the best dps wise? berserker maraduer or slayer duelist? for SC ofc
I guess dps wise the 40% MORE damage from Berserker tops Slayer.

I intended to go for Berserker next league, but after testing the build on standard I don't think those 40% are really needed. By now I am more leaning towards the Juggernaut with max e-charges and Unstoppable for movementspeed.
IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
thanks for the reply ^^
lighty can i ask what ascendancy class do you think would be the best? and why
"
BeRse wrote:
"
ThaeynTH wrote:
Any advice for starting out in the Duelist tree, should I head straight for RT or take my time, pick up a few key points & life nodes first?

as non-crit melee you should always go straight to RT - no matter the skill
"
ThaeynTH wrote:
Any advice for starting out in the Duelist tree, should I head straight for RT or take my time, pick up a few key points & life nodes first?

There is no reason not to go RT if your non-crit and its along your pathing. For leveling I normally get RT around the time I get cyclone (28ish), it adds much wanted consistency to the builds hits even though accuracy isn't that bad on normal/cruel.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Mar 1, 2016, 3:05:54 PM
"
Panthe0n wrote:
I guess dps wise the 40% MORE damage from Berserker tops Slayer.

I intended to go for Berserker next league, but after testing the build on standard I don't think those 40% are really needed. By now I am more leaning towards the Juggernaut with max e-charges and Unstoppable for movementspeed.
"
erol1234p wrote:
which ascendancy class do you think is the best dps wise? berserker maraduer or slayer duelist? for SC ofc

As it stands now berserker will for sure give more dps than slayer simply because of the 40% more (multiplicative > additive) multiplier. Remember that Unstoppable doesn't prevent movement impairing effects, it simply prevents them from dropping your movement speed below base (0%) and should allow for movement while frozen; both of which can be accomplished by a quicksilver flask of heat.
LightyGaming.com
"
erol1234p wrote:

I maintain that Champion (Duelist) is the best Cyclone Subclass. Permanent and augmented fortify granting another link along with the movement speed buffs to improve our clearspeed seem to fit best with what is missing when I play. That being said if you want raw damage berserker's 40% more multiplexer is best. If you already have a Duelist and want more damage than slayer is probably best. If you have a Marauder and want to be a tanky as possible, Juggernaut fills that slot. The best subclass is subjective towards your current gear situation, league and playstyle. That being said I still feel champion is best. Scion okay too.
LightyGaming.com
"
Tsicafrou wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

2.2 (will update to poe planer when its updated)
Ascendancy Subclass Picks (in order of my preference)
  • Champion (Duelist) - Inspiration + Fortitude
  • Juggernaut (Marauder) - Unstoppable + Unbreakable + Unflinching?
  • Berserker (Marauder) - Aspect of Carnage + Right of Ruin
  • Ascendant (Scion) - Juggernaut + Slayer/Champion Best Combo IMO
  • Slayer (Duelist) - Bane of Legends + Brutal Fervor

If there is a tree you want thats not on the list, Lmk and I'll add it assuming it belongs.

Regards,

Lighty

Why Inspirational rather than "First to Strike, Last to Fall" for Champion ?

"First to Strike, Last to Fall" would grant 40% increased dam almost all the time, rather than 30% from "Inspirational"
+ some help in case of heavy damage.

Is it team play and/or movement speed that lends you to Inspirational ?

If your only playing solo then "First to Strike, Last to Fall" would be better yes. I intend to hit mapping day 1 of release and will be playing with 5 other people so "Inspirational" is by far the better choice. Even if your only playing with 1 other person "Inspirational" would be better, so it depends if you play solo or in a party. Also dont underestimate the power of movement speed to melee's survivability in HC, we dont get whirling blades to escape things at times and leap slam is sub-par in comparison.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
erol1234p wrote:

I maintain that Champion (Duelist) is the best Cyclone Subclass. Permanent and augmented fortify granting another link along with the movement speed buffs to improve our clearspeed seem to fit best with what is missing when I play. That being said if you want raw damage berserker's 40% more multiplexer is best. If you already have a Duelist and want more damage than slayer is probably best. If you have a Marauder and want to be a tanky as possible, Juggernaut fills that slot. The best subclass is subjective towards your current gear situation, league and playstyle. That being said I still feel champion is best. Scion okay too.

Funny that between Champion and Hezmana's we essentially have an 8 link Cyclone. I assume you aren't keeping Fortify anyway for the damage effect of the gem, so what would you suggest taking in that slot instead (inc aoe/conc effect)?

I too am torn between First to Strike, Last to Fall and Inspirational; though I know full well how nice extra movement speed can be, I think I'll probably end up taking the former simply because I almost exclusively play solo.

I also really want to like Slayer, but for as fun and interesting as it's effects sound, it doesn't bring anything build changing to the table like Champion or even Juggernaut do. I'd be interested to see an analysis on exactly how much Champions Fortify effects are worth in relation to Slayers oodles of increased damage.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Mar 1, 2016, 4:39:09 PM
I am infact ele capped, my phys reduction in h/o is 40% and in maps with Rumi's and 4 endurance charges up is 76%. I also have a ToH.
Last edited by IDidEverything on Mar 1, 2016, 4:28:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info