(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hello and quick question,

To anyone also using the skill 'Vaal Lightning Strike' what should my 6th link be?

I am currently using this:

Vaal Lightning Strke-Multistrike-Melee Physical Damage-Added Fire Damage-Weapon Elemental Damage- ???

My last Socket is also Red, if that matters. I will hear any opinions/suggestions. I am not against re-coloring the socket(s) as well.

Thank you kindly for your time!

PS. Playing the RT version so no blue for Inc. Critical Strikes/Damage.
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this axe? Is it worth selling like this and if yes how much can I sell it for?
Should I craft it ? I have no idea, please give me some suggestions on how to proceed !

Thanks
I use VLS, but I have only 4 sockets available. From what I understand Added Fire should be your best choice for a 6L.

My 4L setup is very strong anyway, can't imagine why you want 6L.
Hi Lighty,

just want to thank you for your tips and videos explaining the atziri run, just done my first atziri attempt ever and I did it with 0 death ! Got to breath now, nearly had a heart attack :)

Happy new year !

"
redsand23 wrote:
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this axe? Is it worth selling like this and if yes how much can I sell it for?
Should I craft it ? I have no idea, please give me some suggestions on how to proceed !

Thanks

Wow, that is very nice, top roll t1 physical and t2 flat damage. Would be worth a fair bit as is (Though I'm no good on prices).
Or you could craft it - I'd probably go for crafting prefixes can't be changed, and scouring off the dex (dex isn't bad, but it's stopping you doing much crafting) then multimodding and crafting attack speed and weapon range. You could then craft an elemental damage roll, but I'd probably be tempted to exalt it at that point. If you hit a good hybrid damage roll then it's GG, if you hit a decent elemental roll then it's likely to be better than the crafted one. The only total bust would be hitting mana leech, so the odds aren't bad.
That's probably the best way of getting a good weapon without it costing too much. Trying to fully craft it and getting t1 suffixes just wouldn't be worth it, no point spending more than a few ex on it while atziri's disfavour exists.

Carl
Finally upgraded my amulet, which as Lighty pointed out, was pretty meh. Was struggling to find an upgrade which still gave me the stats I needed (mainly int).
But found this one for 3ex - jade amulet so the prefix was dex, which I don't really need while wearing devotos, so I vaaled it to get the WED implicit. Not actually that great for me as I don't do that much elemental damage, but definitely could have been worse. Will let me fully level up inc aoe and conc effect too as it has more int than my old one.
Jut a shame it has the crappy es roll, could have crafted %armour then.

Takes me up to 115k dps with blood rage/charges up and flasks popped and about 70k unbuffed. I can turn on herald of ash if I want a bit more damage at the cost of life, I normally just use it on fracture maps as it helps burn down the copies. Thats running inc aoe as well, with conc effect I get up to about 180k dps, which just melts bosses. It's nearly all phys and chaos too.

Running out of things to upgrade now! Boots could do with an upgrade, and I could get some dps gloves, although current ones are good defensively. 6l disfavour would be nice, but don't really need it (Don't really even need the 5l)

Carl
"
Carlovski wrote:
Finally upgraded my amulet, which as Lighty pointed out, was pretty meh. Was struggling to find an upgrade which still gave me the stats I needed (mainly int).
But found this one for 3ex - jade amulet so the prefix was dex, which I don't really need while wearing devotos, so I vaaled it to get the WED implicit. Not actually that great for me as I don't do that much elemental damage, but definitely could have been worse. Will let me fully level up inc aoe and conc effect too as it has more int than my old one.
Jut a shame it has the crappy es roll, could have crafted %armour then.

Takes me up to 115k dps with blood rage/charges up and flasks popped and about 70k unbuffed. I can turn on herald of ash if I want a bit more damage at the cost of life, I normally just use it on fracture maps as it helps burn down the copies. Thats running inc aoe as well, with conc effect I get up to about 180k dps, which just melts bosses. It's nearly all phys and chaos too.

Running out of things to upgrade now! Boots could do with an upgrade, and I could get some dps gloves, although current ones are good defensively. 6l disfavour would be nice, but don't really need it (Don't really even need the 5l)

Carl

You got some solid stats. What's your life sitting at with this build/setup?
"
Kadath128 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
*Fun Fact*
Most people know that coil is 22.5% physical mitigation (30% or 75%) but often overlook that taste grants 25.5% physical mitigation due to its +10 max cold res during flask use (30% of 85).[/b]

Should update OP, right now under the Flasks section you give 22.5%

Updated and gave you a shoutout, good catch
LightyGaming.com
"
Cortex14 wrote:
I try this build and i dont do better than 40k dps ! Why you dont say how many dps you did dps, why i miss ? You say happy chrismas and happy new year but with this build is the worst end year i did !!!! What i miss for do only 40k dps ??

"
Baldrick wrote:
lol

Anyway... I have been having a lot of fun with this build. Up to about 50k dps when fully buffed and around 4.4k health.

Decided to try Apex. Died 4 times on vaal smasher guys, and then the trio finished me off. I killed two of them though!

I guess it's all about practice eh?

"
champ3n wrote:
This made me laugh despite my hangover.

I have been running it in the new hardcore league, so far i am tearing through tier 8-9 maps without any problems. Still trying to 5/6 link my hezmana so have to make due with a 4 link but seems enough, currently at 28k with atziri's favour (i got all the defensive nodes first, so that number will only go up)

well goddamn lmao. 40k dps is plenty for most content and the majority of your dps will stem from your weapon pdps and your links; bigger the weapon and more links = more dps essentially. If you want you can post your setup and tree and we can see what the problem is, if it exists.
LightyGaming.com
"
Nascha wrote:
I have made some gear progress since my last post and now need further advice.
First of all, current setup:

Today I crafted myself a tasty lvl 4 Enlighten and am now experimenting with it. I've come up with 3 possible solutions:

1) Using Blasphemy + Punishment instead of HoA for increased DPS (is it better than HoA?)
2) Using Blasphemy + Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for increased tankiness
3) Using Blasphemy + Warlords Mark and replacing Blood Magic with faster attacks or added fire or increased WED (the extra mana leech should make mana Cyclone viable?)

Is Purity of Lightning worth it together with Lightning Coil since it gives additional 4% at lvl 20 or is the effect negligible?

Alternatively, I have an Alpha's Howl - together with a Conqueror's Efficiency you can run 2x 50% + 1x 25% auras, like arctic armour + hatred + determinatíon.

Is any of those solutions better than the standard Hatred + HoA + Arctic Armour setup?

Basically I am preparing for tier 12+ maps and I guess I will need some more tank than now - sitting at 5,7 k + legacy coil is probably still not enough for the harder high end maps?

Last question: I have an extra socket in my second CWDT setup (cwdt + molten shell + summon chaos golem ). Right now there is Arctic breath inside but I feel like its not doing anything - should I replace it with another Enfeeble, so its cast more often or another defensive curse? I cannot come up with anything good.

Thanks for all the advice so far, this build just terminates everything - Atziri first try as well :) Cannot wait for my 6 linked Disfavour, guess I'll have the fusings in another 2 weeks or so.

So as for the curse setup if your using a body and not running a vaal setup allocating your 5-6l to run blasphemy with lv4 enlighten is great and will outperform arctic armour. For curses punishment isn't amazing as it only triggers the buff on you when you get hit and in most cases while mapping your destroying things quickly and can go without being hit. I like enfeeble/temp/warlords very much and any of the 3 work well. The idea of warlords and running cyclone off mana is a possibility but would require dropping herald of ash; although given the buff to cyclone mana cost (not scaling) its as plausible now as it will ever be. I dont think its worth dropping the helm slot for alpha's unless you would be running purities in it for 80 res (+5 max at lv23). To the point of purities, purity of lightning would put you at 80 lightning res tops, which only gives 1.5% more physical mitigation; hardly worth it imo. Best of luck on the 6l disfavour and let me know how it all turns out!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info