(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
DeNylph wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Hey Lighty,

What are your thoughts between the new hezmana axe and the maul below with lvl 15 aoe. They both have similar DPS around 400 according to the item info script im running. This is for a new character on talisman. Thanks as always.

I would say hezmana because got one more socket available due to blood magic on attack. This socket is IMO better than AOE level 15. And the axe tree give more dps.

I agree with DeNylph's answer. I already got a 5L Marohi so I stay with it, but in your case you have to socket/link your weapon anyway, so go for Hezmana. It's same dps but one "free" socket and you don't have the -10% movement speed malus on it. If you feel missing the increased range just use that "free" socket to get a blue one and put increased aoe range.
Only downside being: no more Vaal Ground Slam, but there are some testing on other Vaal skills running.
I can't view the trees at work, but what are the disadvantages/advantages of going Duelist instead of Marauder?
I'm confused. You give a passive skill tree for a Axe based build when playing HC, which I am. But then you also use ground slam?

What I am missing?
If someone is awake and bored, please give me a quick tutorial on how to use best Vaal Lightning Strike.

Support gems, efectively how to kill with this mighty skill, and tips and tricks.
"
Migosha wrote:
"
DeNylph wrote:
"
stephenp1983 wrote:
Hey Lighty,

What are your thoughts between the new hezmana axe and the maul below with lvl 15 aoe. They both have similar DPS around 400 according to the item info script im running. This is for a new character on talisman. Thanks as always.

I would say hezmana because got one more socket available due to blood magic on attack. This socket is IMO better than AOE level 15. And the axe tree give more dps.

I agree with DeNylph's answer. I already got a 5L Marohi so I stay with it, but in your case you have to socket/link your weapon anyway, so go for Hezmana. It's same dps but one "free" socket and you don't have the -10% movement speed malus on it. If you feel missing the increased range just use that "free" socket to get a blue one and put increased aoe range.
Only downside being: no more Vaal Ground Slam, but there are some testing on other Vaal skills running.

Unless your going maces because you want to use vaal ground slam hezmana is superior in most ways; the -10% movement drawback is painful later on when mapping. It offers global bloodmagic on attack which is an essential 7th link and offers decent pdps, a worthwhile weapon to 5-6l in league.
LightyGaming.com
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:
If someone is awake and bored, please give me a quick tutorial on how to use best Vaal Lightning Strike.

Support gems, efectively how to kill with this mighty skill, and tips and tricks.

I would suggest VLS - Melee Phys - Multistrike - WeD, I haven't done much testing on the matter so other's input is very welcome regarding the optimal VLS setup.
LightyGaming.com
"
Dutchpower wrote:
I'm confused. You give a passive skill tree for a Axe based build when playing HC, which I am. But then you also use ground slam?

What I am missing?

I was using an axe when playing HC but mace is perfectly fine aswell, the tree is only slightly different and you get the mace specific nodes instead of the axe ones.
LightyGaming.com
"
LordKunkis wrote:
Can I play as Scion for this build?

I dont suggest it since its slightly less point effective but yeah its fine
LightyGaming.com
"
USBastard wrote:
"
You only need 164% resists to negate the elemental weakness map mod. Is there another elemental weakness source that I'm not familiar with, that is a higher level than the map mod?

Is the map mod ele weakness lv15 like necro ele weakness is? if so its 169 res? I Know they have changed this before

So I just spent 80 alchs trying to roll elemental weakness on a map to test it, without hitting that damn mod. I guess all I can say is that I'm 99% sure it's level 10 elemental weakness on map mods, making it a 29% reduction, making it 164 all resists required.

Again though, I'm not sure if there are other things that use a higher rank elemental weakness.

-edit-

Finally got an Elemental Weakness roll on a map (Tier 12 map), and it was indeed a level 15 Elemental Weakness. Ended up with 73% fire resist, with 167 fire resist in hideout.

I'm still confident that it doesn't normally take me below 75%. Could it be that low/mid/high tier maps use different levels of Elemental Weakness?

Its possible and you can be curse stacked if the map is ele weakness and something cursed you on-top of that; but yeah its around 170 res to be ele capped
LightyGaming.com
"
Rollback wrote:
Manually casting Enduring Cry is the best way to hold them. Enduring Cry is no longer a spell, so it does not work with CWDT.

"
Antishock wrote:
Was wondering what the most effective way to keep Endurance charges up is. Been using Lvl1 Cwdt with mark and cry but doesnt seem to go off enough and hardly see myself at 6 charges consistently.

"
Kodiak97 wrote:
Hey Lighty, how are we supposed to maintain endurance charges in 2.1?

So you have 3 practical options for gaining and maintaining endurance charges

• Self Casting Enduring Cry
  • Warlords Mark
  • Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

I personally use the 2nd and 3rd method without speccing into additional Endurance Charges. If your going the 7 Endurance Charge route self casting Enduring Cry is the best method however its highly monotonous and can be maddening after a while.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 31, 2015, 5:44:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info