(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Mephist0fel wrote:
Can anyone tell my why you don't use Iron Reflex?

Didn't play for a loooong time.

So I suggest speccing into Iron Reflexes only if your using gear that has substantial amounts of evasion such as Devoto's Devotion, Lightning Coil or Daresso's Defiance ect. Its normally a 3 point journey to get IR and under those conditions its worthwhile, otherwise I wouldn't travel to get IR.
LightyGaming.com
"
Migosha wrote:
"
sirdec wrote:
"
sirdec wrote:
hello, starting this build,

i m lost...

What i have to do :

hatred + artic armour or blasphemy + 2 curse?

thanks for answer

Nobody answer me? guys what setup for aura? curse? What is the best combo in 2.1 for this build?

Thanks

Usually we go for Hatred and Arctic Armor. The slow down (in attack speed and movment speed from enememies you pass on) from AA is pretty nice for survabilty and Hatred is Huge Life leech and huge DPS gain. With this build your hp self regeneration should already be enough to cover the 4% life lost per second.
Not that Blasphemy plus 2 curses wouldn't work but it's 3 gems slots instead of 2 and it won't be easy to find two curses that will do the same as AA + Hatred (plus the gem you'll remove to put Blasphemy itself).

So Hatred + herald of Ash + Arctic Armour is still the best aura setup however you can replace either 25% aura with Blasphemy + Curse if you have an extra 5L and lv4 Enlighten.
Hatred + HoA/AA + Blasphemy + Curse + Enlighten(4) is 96% mana reservation
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 31, 2015, 5:46:31 PM
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Dutchpower wrote:
I'm confused. You give a passive skill tree for a Axe based build when playing HC, which I am. But then you also use ground slam?

What I am missing?

I was using an axe when playing HC but mace is perfectly fine aswell, the tree is only slightly different and you get the mace specific nodes instead of the axe ones.

Well I'm already deep into Axe tree. Can I still continue or should Reroll? I can't use groundslam now.
"
Dutchpower wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Dutchpower wrote:
I'm confused. You give a passive skill tree for a Axe based build when playing HC, which I am. But then you also use ground slam?

What I am missing?

I was using an axe when playing HC but mace is perfectly fine aswell, the tree is only slightly different and you get the mace specific nodes instead of the axe ones.

Well I'm already deep into Axe tree. Can I still continue or should Reroll? I can't use groundslam now.

Link your tree and ill post the mace variation if you decide you want to change weapon types, the difference will only be a few points.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
*Fun Fact*
Most people know that coil is 22.5% physical mitigation (30% or 75%) but often overlook that taste grants 25.5% physical mitigation due to its +10 max cold res during flask use (30% of 85).[/b]

Should update OP, right now under the Flasks section you give 22.5%
I try this build and i dont do better than 40k dps ! Why you dont say how many dps you did dps, why i miss ? You say happy chrismas and happy new year but with this build is the worst end year i did !!!! What i miss for do only 40k dps ??
"
Cortex14 wrote:
I try this build and i dont do better than 40k dps ! Why you dont say how many dps you did dps, why i miss ? You say happy chrismas and happy new year but with this build is the worst end year i did !!!! What i miss for do only 40k dps ??

lol

Anyway... I have been having a lot of fun with this build. Up to about 50k dps when fully buffed and around 4.4k health.

Decided to try Apex. Died 4 times on vaal smasher guys, and then the trio finished me off. I killed two of them though!

I guess it's all about practice eh?
"
Cortex14 wrote:

This made me laugh despite my hangover.

I have been running it in the new hardcore league, so far i am tearing through tier 8-9 maps without any problems. Still trying to 5/6 link my hezmana so have to make due with a 4 link but seems enough, currently at 28k with atziri's favour (i got all the defensive nodes first, so that number will only go up)
I have made some gear progress since my last post and now need further advice.
First of all, current setup:

Today I crafted myself a tasty lvl 4 Enlighten and am now experimenting with it. I've come up with 3 possible solutions:

1) Using Blasphemy + Punishment instead of HoA for increased DPS (is it better than HoA?)
2) Using Blasphemy + Enfeeble or Temporal Chains for increased tankiness
3) Using Blasphemy + Warlords Mark and replacing Blood Magic with faster attacks or added fire or increased WED (the extra mana leech should make mana Cyclone viable?)

Is Purity of Lightning worth it together with Lightning Coil since it gives additional 4% at lvl 20 or is the effect negligible?

Alternatively, I have an Alpha's Howl - together with a Conqueror's Efficiency you can run 2x 50% + 1x 25% auras, like arctic armour + hatred + determinatíon.

Is any of those solutions better than the standard Hatred + HoA + Arctic Armour setup?

Basically I am preparing for tier 12+ maps and I guess I will need some more tank than now - sitting at 5,7 k + legacy coil is probably still not enough for the harder high end maps?

Last question: I have an extra socket in my second CWDT setup (cwdt + molten shell + summon chaos golem ). Right now there is Arctic breath inside but I feel like its not doing anything - should I replace it with another Enfeeble, so its cast more often or another defensive curse? I cannot come up with anything good.

Thanks for all the advice so far, this build just terminates everything - Atziri first try as well :) Cannot wait for my 6 linked Disfavour, guess I'll have the fusings in another 2 weeks or so.
Last edited by Nascha on Jan 2, 2016, 12:41:32 PM
Hi there.

1st of all thanks for putting such a complete and "noob" friendly guide out there.
I'm using it level up atm but i'm new to this game and I have a few questions:

Regarding the passive trees you put up in your guide and since i'm playign HC I picked "Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)", but you have other variations, such as "Marauder - Sword" ; "Marauder - Mace" ; Running Cyclone Using Mana. I pick the Axe variation cuz I think it's the most optimal after the following statemente "Axes have 7 Weapon range compared to 6 granting them slightly larger AoE along with having higher valued passive points.".
Anyway my real question is, further down into the guide there's a section for "Gems and Links". Each setup on that section is for a different piece of gear right? Example: "Cyclone Setup" should be put in a 8L piece of gear (weapon for example). So on the "Vaal Ground Slam and Vaal Cyclone" the skill "Vaal Ground Slam" learnt from the gem requires a Stave or a Mace yet you siad that Axe is the best weapon. Should I use Vaal Cyclone setup in that case?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and sorry if I asked something silly and thanks in advance ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info