(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
hgpedrobg wrote:
Hi there.

1st of all thanks for putting such a complete and "noob" friendly guide out there.
I'm using it level up atm but i'm new to this game and I have a few questions:

Regarding the passive trees you put up in your guide and since i'm playign HC I picked "Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)", but you have other variations, such as "Marauder - Sword" ; "Marauder - Mace" ; Running Cyclone Using Mana. I pick the Axe variation cuz I think it's the most optimal after the following statemente "Axes have 7 Weapon range compared to 6 granting them slightly larger AoE along with having higher valued passive points.".
Anyway my real question is, further down into the guide there's a section for "Gems and Links". Each setup on that section is for a different piece of gear right? Example: "Cyclone Setup" should be put in a 8L piece of gear (weapon for example). So on the "Vaal Ground Slam and Vaal Cyclone" the skill "Vaal Ground Slam" learnt from the gem requires a Stave or a Mace yet you siad that Axe is the best weapon. Should I use Vaal Cyclone setup in that case?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and sorry if I asked something silly and thanks in advance ^^

Welcome newcomer!
So for the vaal skill when using an axe you have a few options, as you stated vaal ground slam sadly doesn't work. Vaal cyclone is fun and can be useful when mapping but I would highly suggest against it for hardcore, it can lead to extremely deadly situations. Vaal grace/haste offer nice buffs and both work with increased duration well; also useful when in a party. For damage vaal lightning strike is the best you'll get with axes. A setup like [ vaal lightning strike - multistrike - melee physical damage - weapon elemental damage ] works well from what I hear; I need to do some testing myself. let me know how it goes and if you have any further questions
LightyGaming.com
"
andrew8448 wrote:
Hello and quick question,

To anyone also using the skill 'Vaal Lightning Strike' what should my 6th link be?

I am currently using this:

Vaal Lightning Strke-Multistrike-Melee Physical Damage-Added Fire Damage-Weapon Elemental Damage- ???

My last Socket is also Red, if that matters. I will hear any opinions/suggestions. I am not against re-coloring the socket(s) as well.

Thank you kindly for your time!

PS. Playing the RT version so no blue for Inc. Critical Strikes/Damage.

I would suggest increased duration to make the period in which there electrically charged last longer. If you just want the initial hit to do more dps lightning penetration would probably be the biggest multiplier.
LightyGaming.com
"
redsand23 wrote:
Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this axe? Is it worth selling like this and if yes how much can I sell it for?
Should I craft it ? I have no idea, please give me some suggestions on how to proceed !

Thanks

So your weapon is T1% physical and T2 Flat physical. You can either craft attack speed and use it as is. You can use the haku "prefixes cannot be changed" craft, scour it to remove the dex, then with elreon multimod attack speed and +2 weapon range from vagan and leech/wed; that would give you the most dps out of the axe.
LightyGaming.com
"
BattleCruser wrote:
"
Carlovski wrote:
Finally upgraded my amulet, which as Lighty pointed out, was pretty meh. Was struggling to find an upgrade which still gave me the stats I needed (mainly int).
But found this one for 3ex - jade amulet so the prefix was dex, which I don't really need while wearing devotos, so I vaaled it to get the WED implicit. Not actually that great for me as I don't do that much elemental damage, but definitely could have been worse. Will let me fully level up inc aoe and conc effect too as it has more int than my old one.
Jut a shame it has the crappy es roll, could have crafted %armour then.

Takes me up to 115k dps with blood rage/charges up and flasks popped and about 70k unbuffed. I can turn on herald of ash if I want a bit more damage at the cost of life, I normally just use it on fracture maps as it helps burn down the copies. Thats running inc aoe as well, with conc effect I get up to about 180k dps, which just melts bosses. It's nearly all phys and chaos too.

Running out of things to upgrade now! Boots could do with an upgrade, and I could get some dps gloves, although current ones are good defensively. 6l disfavour would be nice, but don't really need it (Don't really even need the 5l)

Carl

You got some solid stats. What's your life sitting at with this build/setup?

Dope amulet! You may want to save some currency for when talisman league ends, alot of crazy new amulets will be entering the market and many of the implicits are great for cyclone; check the talisman section of the guide for which effect us.
LightyGaming.com
"
Cortex14 wrote:
I try this build and i dont do better than 40k dps ! Why you dont say how many dps you did dps, why i miss ? You say happy chrismas and happy new year but with this build is the worst end year i did !!!! What i miss for do only 40k dps ??

So. Seeing as you literally have 0 time played and your one toon (a level 1 ranger) is only doing 40k with cyclone then I would say thats not too bad. Hope you had a good New Years being awesome and trolling on the PoE forum an hour after the ball dropped. Lol
Last edited by 0hnage on Jan 2, 2016, 5:40:19 PM
Has anyone tried

when Cycloning?

Your thoughts Lighty?
"
h4g4ne wrote:
Has anyone tried

when Cycloning?

Your thoughts Lighty?

100% viable and will be added to the belt subsection of helpful unique. The Retch works especially well with Atziri's promise (granting 2.5 more seconds) which is a staple of cyclone flasks.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
hgpedrobg wrote:
Hi there.

1st of all thanks for putting such a complete and "noob" friendly guide out there.

Regarding the passive trees you put up in your guide and since i'm playign HC I picked "Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)", but you have other variations, such as "Marauder - Sword" ; "Marauder - Mace" ; Running Cyclone Using Mana. I pick the Axe variation cuz I think it's the most optimal after the following statemente "Axes have 7 Weapon range compared to 6 granting them slightly larger AoE along with having higher valued passive points.".
Anyway my real question is, further down into the guide there's a section for "Gems and Links". Each setup on that section is for a different piece of gear right? Example: "Cyclone Setup" should be put in a 8L piece of gear (weapon for example). So on the "Vaal Ground Slam and Vaal Cyclone" the skill "Vaal Ground Slam" learnt from the gem requires a Stave or a Mace yet you siad that Axe is the best weapon. Should I use Vaal Cyclone setup in that case?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and sorry if I asked something silly and thanks in advance ^^

Welcome newcomer!
So for the vaal skill when using an axe you have a few options, as you stated vaal ground slam sadly doesn't work. Vaal cyclone is fun and can be useful when mapping but I would highly suggest against it for hardcore, it can lead to extremely deadly situations. Vaal grace/haste offer nice buffs and both work with increased duration well; also useful when in a party. For damage vaal lightning strike is the best you'll get with axes. A setup like [ vaal lightning strike - multistrike - melee physical damage - weapon elemental damage ] works well from what I hear; I need to do some testing myself. let me know how it goes and if you have any further questions

Thanks a bunch! I'll take some time getting there cuz i'm trying to enjoy the game as much as I can, but when I get the setup off, i'll post it here! :D
"
hgpedrobg wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
hgpedrobg wrote:
Hi there.

Welcome newcomer!

Thanks a bunch! I'll take some time getting there cuz i'm trying to enjoy the game as much as I can, but when I get the setup off, i'll post it here! :D

Sounds good buddy. Theres a few cyclone tests I need to run this week so expect an update by Wednesday regarding vaal lightning strike including test footage and setups.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
h4g4ne wrote:
Has anyone tried

when Cycloning?

Your thoughts Lighty?

100% viable and will be added to the belt subsection of helpful unique. The Retch works especially well with Atziri's promise (granting 2.5 more seconds) which is a staple of cyclone flasks.

Thanks!
Then I will be using that belt for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info