(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
dfspspirit wrote:
Thanks heaps for this very detailed guide.

Most likely I just overlooked it, but: when using an axe, one cannot use ground slam. What would you suggest as an alternative?

Ive heard good things about Vaal Lightning Strike as an alternative single target dps boost.
LightyGaming.com
"
Tonythetigger wrote:
Hi I'm new to this game and I had a couple mechanics questions I didn't really understand about this build.

1: If you have 100% mana reservation, where do you get the mana to sustain cwdt-molten shell-ic?

2: If you don't have life gain on hit, what allows you to leech life for cyclone? Does physical damage leech count or is it something else?

Thanks for the help!

So you use the Bloodmagic Support gem which takes the mana cost out of your life instead of your mana pool.

You gain some life leech on the tree and mostly from the bloodrage spell which give you physical life leech which is more than enough to sustain our life
LightyGaming.com
"
vantro wrote:
Just had a quick question, should I keep a Carcass Jack over a Lightning Coil?

I would always use a lightning coil over a carcass jack, the 22.5% Physical mitigation Coil offers is simply to much to pass
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
vantro wrote:

I would always use a lightning coil over a carcass jack, the 22.5% Physical mitigation Coil offers is simply to much to pass

A question, as I've never used Light. Coil. Don't you ideally need Shock Immunity? I imagine you must get shocked quite frequently.

I am rolling this build in HC Talisman. Going pretty well so far, at level 88. Here is my gear.

Spoiler

IGN: Reynold_Hawke
"
Belis wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
vantro wrote:

A question, as I've never used Light. Coil. Don't you ideally need Shock Immunity? I imagine you must get shocked quite frequently.

I am rolling this build in HC Talisman. Going pretty well so far, at level 88. Here is my gear.

Spoiler

You dont get shocked very often but you can carry a grounding flask with you.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 29, 2015, 5:10:09 PM
Hello there,
I was searching for some Marauder "tanky" build for hardcore. Since I saw Santa Guts on top of this guide, I was done searching. This is absolutletly best guide I've seen in a long time. First I was like, meh, cyclone, now Im like: CYCLOOONEEEE !! Keep up great work. Happy new year :)

Hello guys, that's my gear now and i want to know what i need to change. That's my first "serious" character, so i don't have tons of currency to spend in OP gears.

Spoiler

Ty Lighty for the awesome guide :D
I'm really liking my gear with 23% chaos res and the cyclone dps so far in this build. I'm also following a few key things with Etup's cyclone build from last patch such as carrying purities if I really need them for ele reflect and having leap slam and vengenace on the same link. I also added in an enduring cry. I have something like 43k or 47k dps when I have Frenzy charges + Onslaught buff and if I don't stop attacking I can clear maps really quick. But I am mostly following this build because I like all of the leech. I just did Na'em on a semi-rippy Necropolis map so all of the leech and stuff is pretty tanky for HC! Not sure if I should try Atziri but I want to eventually.

I found the Belly myself but I want to eventually replace it with a lightning coil.... but I wanted to ask - which is better to get first? Lightning Coil or Taste of Hate? The 30% extra dps as cold seems really tempting.

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by nakieon on Dec 29, 2015, 10:28:44 PM
Thanks for the great guide, fairly casual player but really enjoying the build so far although I do have one question.

1) What are the advantages/draw backs to using the Blood Magic keystone over using the support gem? Is it just a few extra points to spend in the passive tree?

Thanks
Last edited by Thaeyn on Dec 30, 2015, 4:30:43 AM
"
Thaeyn wrote:
Thanks for the great guide, fairly casual player but really enjoying the build so far although I do have one question.

1) What are the advantages/draw backs to using the Blood Magic keystone over using the support gem? Is it just a few extra points to spend in the passive tree?

Thanks

With the Blood Magic Keystone, every gem gets Blood Magic. That includes your auras. So your Hatred will reserve 50% of your LIFE, as an example.

So it's 1 link to be able to reserve 100% of your mana with Hatred, Herald of Ash, Blasphemy etc. The benefits of reservation skills usually outweigh the dps you lose from that 1 gem link.

That said, there's always the hybrid option. Reserve ~75% of your mana and try to run your abilities on mana instead of life. Then you won't need Blood Magic at all.
Last edited by USBastard on Dec 30, 2015, 4:44:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info