(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Ravenshield11 wrote:
Hi, I know that it is disccussed somewhere but I don't know for sure:

I have like 162% fire, cold resistance. I gain a benefit from this or i should switch some items?

So you need 75% capped ele res. You get -60% from being in merciless which means you need 135% ele res to be capped. If your mapping and become cursed by some elemental curse your losing 40ish ele res. So ideally you want to be at 175% ele res so your safe from curses; also know as "ele weakness capped". Past that number is essentially pointless to gain resistances so 175% is the effective res cap. Chaos resistance is a whole different thing and isn't influenced by elemental resistances and curses, but you'd like to have as high chaos res as possible as you start at -60%. So if your at 175% ele res, gaining X amount of chaos res is your next goal.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 30, 2015, 12:55:13 PM
Can I play as Scion for this build?
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:

I have like 162% fire, cold resistance. I gain a benefit from this or i should switch some items?

So you need 75% capped ele res. You get -60% from being in merciless which means you need 135% ele res to be capped. If your mapping and become cursed by some elemental curse your losing 40ish ele res. So ideally you want to be at 175% ele res so your safe from curses; also know as "ele weakness capped". Past that number is essentially pointless to gain resistances so 175% is the effective res cap. Chaos resistance is a whole different thing and isn't influenced by elemental resistances and curses, but you'd like to have as high chaos res as possible as you start at -60%. So if your at 175% ele res, gaining X amount of chaos res is your next goal.

You only need 164% resists to negate the elemental weakness map mod. Is there another elemental weakness source that I'm not familiar with, that is a higher level than the map mod?
"
USBastard wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
Ravenshield11 wrote:

You only need 164% resists to negate the elemental weakness map mod. Is there another elemental weakness source that I'm not familiar with, that is a higher level than the map mod?

Is the map mod ele weakness lv15 like necro ele weakness is? if so its 169 res? I Know they have changed this before
LightyGaming.com
hello, starting this build,

i m lost...

What i have to do :

hatred + artic armour or blasphemy + 2 curse?

thanks for answer
IGN:Sirdec
"

Is the map mod ele weakness lv15 like necro ele weakness is? if so its 169 res? I Know they have changed this before

So I just spent 80 alchs trying to roll elemental weakness on a map to test it, without hitting that damn mod. I guess all I can say is that I'm 99% sure it's level 10 elemental weakness on map mods, making it a 29% reduction, making it 164 all resists required.

Again though, I'm not sure if there are other things that use a higher rank elemental weakness.

-edit-

Finally got an Elemental Weakness roll on a map (Tier 12 map), and it was indeed a level 15 Elemental Weakness. Ended up with 73% fire resist, with 167 fire resist in hideout.

I'm still confident that it doesn't normally take me below 75%. Could it be that low/mid/high tier maps use different levels of Elemental Weakness?
Last edited by USBastard on Dec 31, 2015, 2:39:06 AM
"
Dear god get that Carnage Heart outa here! You have access to a ton of cool new amulets from talisman and aside from that there are a shit ton of rares for under 10c that can pass carnage heart; im assuming your using it for dex/int too. Check this listing for new amulet option and leave carnage heart on the ground next to Kuduku in act 1 normal ledge.

I just dropped a 5-7ex gear, what should i buy now?
And i changed my amulet, ty :D
Lighty, I feel like I owe you a beer.

Vaal Lightning Strike. I hated vaal haste. So I leveled one VLS to 12 on decided to test it on the brute from Collonade.
Before i tried to find a tutorial an how to use it. Didn.t know.

So i linked wit a 20/20 Multistrike, charged it with 3 charges and when that beast appeared on screen I hit VLS. My Hero run toward him and launches its attack. I run a bit from him. After 2 seconds, half of his life was gone. Whoa! Never see this coming. Now when i see a yellow foe, VLS. Fun.

Of course still have no ideea how to launch may all 3 charges at once or VLS best setup, but is worth using.
Hi m8,

as we spoke earlier I really enjoy your build but kinda hit a wall and get oneshot from time to time :)

As I said here's my recent Gear, I've been mostly following your guide in item choices but I think I can improve a lot of slots very cheap.

Thanks for your time in advance, here is the Link to my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/backf1sch/characters
I get that also. My solution. Upscale resist a lot and put life leech on rings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info