(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
"
Tonythetigger wrote:
Hi I'm new to this game and I had a couple mechanics questions I didn't really understand about this build.

1: If you have 100% mana reservation, where do you get the mana to sustain cwdt-molten shell-ic?

2: If you don't have life gain on hit, what allows you to leech life for cyclone? Does physical damage leech count or is it something else?

Thanks for the help!

So you use the Bloodmagic Support gem which takes the mana cost out of your life instead of your mana pool.

You gain some life leech on the tree and mostly from the bloodrage spell which give you physical life leech which is more than enough to sustain our life

I think cwdt-X does not cost any mana. I am running 100% mana reserved - molten shell and immortal call still work although they have mana cost in description (and I don't have blood magic linked there).

But for other skills cost mana, like OP said, you use LIFE xD

Thanks for great guide!
"
nakieon wrote:
I found the Belly myself but I want to eventually replace it with a lightning coil.... but I wanted to ask - which is better to get first? Lightning Coil or Taste of Hate? The 30% extra dps as cold seems really tempting.

I'd tend for Lightning Coil first, both are a 22.5% physical damage mitigation but Lightning Coil is 100% of the time while you got to activate Taste of Hate for that.
Taste of Hate is a nice DPS boost AND a mitigation (hence its price), but i'd say Coil is safer as it's a permanent effect (of course you have to get 60% more lightning resist for it to work).
If you want to change a flask go for Atziri's Promise first, it's like 1-3 Chaos and will bring you some nice dps too. In term of dps gained by money invested Atziri does win over Taste of Hate by far ;)
Coil + Atziri's Promise is 1ex and 1-2 Chaos (unless HC's prices are very differents?) while Taste is 2ex. You end with the same gain for half the price. Of course if you're not money starved and don't plan on getting an Atziri's Demise you take the 3 items.
"
Migosha wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
I found the Belly myself but I want to eventually replace it with a lightning coil.... but I wanted to ask - which is better to get first? Lightning Coil or Taste of Hate? The 30% extra dps as cold seems really tempting.

I'd tend for Lightning Coil first, both are a 22.5% physical damage mitigation but Lightning Coil is 100% of the time while you got to activate Taste of Hate for that.
Taste of Hate is a nice DPS boost AND a mitigation (hence its price), but i'd say Coil is safer as it's a permanent effect (of course you have to get 60% more lightning resist for it to work).
If you want to change a flask go for Atziri's Promise first, it's like 1-3 Chaos and will bring you some nice dps too. In term of dps gained by money invested Atziri does win over Taste of Hate by far ;)
Coil + Atziri's Promise is 1ex and 1-2 Chaos (unless HC's prices are very differents?) while Taste is 2ex. You end with the same gain for half the price. Of course if you're not money starved and don't plan on getting an Atziri's Demise you take the 3 items.

I would suggest getting Coil first for the same reason, 100% uptime. Coil is roughly 4ex and taste 6ex on HC talisman so both are expensive purchases; its why atziri's promise is a nice alternative aswell. Promise offers limited mitigation unless against a chaos heavy enemy but the damage boost and minor leech are nice for its 5-10c cost on HC.

*Fun Fact*
Most people know that coil is 22.5% physical mitigation (30% or 75%) but often overlook that taste grants 25.5% physical mitigation due to its +10 max cold res during flask use (30% of 85).
LightyGaming.com
"
Salliyo wrote:
Hello there,
I was searching for some Marauder "tanky" build for hardcore. Since I saw Santa Guts on top of this guide, I was done searching. This is absolutletly best guide I've seen in a long time. First I was like, meh, cyclone, now Im like: CYCLOOONEEEE !! Keep up great work. Happy new year :)

Glad you enjoy the build guide, happy new year to you too!. let me know if you have any questions, comments or concern.
LightyGaming.com
"
diinhoca wrote:
Hello guys, that's my gear now and i want to know what i need to change. That's my first "serious" character, so i don't have tons of currency to spend in OP gears.

Spoiler

Ty Lighty for the awesome guide :D

Dear god get that Carnage Heart outa here! You have access to a ton of cool new amulets from talisman and aside from that there are a shit ton of rares for under 10c that can pass carnage heart; im assuming your using it for dex/int too. Check this listing for new amulet option and leave carnage heart on the ground next to Kuduku in act 1 normal ledge.
LightyGaming.com
Since using axe I cannot use vaal ground slam. Tried vaal lightning strike and not impressed...

Now I am using vaal molten shell, but the annoying thing is the cwdt-linked normal molten shell will override the vaal one when it's triggered...

Any good tips on vaal gem? or maybe just bypass the vaal and get something else?
"
x1a0 wrote:
Since using axe I cannot use vaal ground slam. Tried vaal lightning strike and not impressed...

Now I am using vaal molten shell, but the annoying thing is the cwdt-linked normal molten shell will override the vaal one when it's triggered...

Any good tips on vaal gem? or maybe just bypass the vaal and get something else?

You can vaal cyclone, Vaal haste/grace or scare your party members with vaal detonate dead. Aside from that your basically outa vaal skills. Just run a larger leap slam + vengeance setup in your remaining 5-6l.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
x1a0 wrote:

You can vaal cyclone, Vaal haste/grace or scare your party members with vaal detonate dead. Aside from that your basically outa vaal skills. Just run a larger leap slam + vengeance setup in your remaining 5-6l.

Thanks for replying!

I am in Talisman HC so I would rather skip vaal cyclone for now...
I decided to drop vaal gem and run 2 CWDT links.

CWDT - immortal call - blood rage - increased duration
CWDT - molten shell - summon flame golem - warlord's mark
"
x1a0 wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
x1a0 wrote:

Thanks for replying!

I am in Talisman HC so I would rather skip vaal cyclone for now...
I decided to drop vaal gem and run 2 CWDT links.

CWDT - immortal call - blood rage - increased duration
CWDT - molten shell - summon flame golem - warlord's mark

Sounds like a good idea, stay safe and happy hunting!
LightyGaming.com
Hi, I know that it is disccussed somewhere but I don't know for sure:

I have like 162% fire, cold resistance. I gain a benefit from this or i should switch some items?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info