(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hi Lighty,

Got a question regarding to cyclone gem setup.

I've just had an hezmana and I've got a 6L rare chest.

For the moment I have this gem setup : cylone / melee phy dmg / added fire / WED / fortify /faster attacks.

Is there a better option with concentrated effect / increased area of effect ?

I would like to start trying atziri : 5.7k hp, 47,4k tooltip dps (with just auras) is it viable ?

One last question, is rampart very effective or it's better to respect for jewel nodes ?

Thanks for your answers !
"
Tonythetigger wrote:
Hi I'm new to this game and I had a couple mechanics questions I didn't really understand about this build.

1: If you have 100% mana reservation, where do you get the mana to sustain cwdt-molten shell-ic?

2: If you don't have life gain on hit, what allows you to leech life for cyclone? Does physical damage leech count or is it something else?

Thanks for the help!

1. Anything linked to cwdt doesn't actually consume mana or health at all when it gets casted. It's free!

2. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that by the point in which you remove life gain on hit, you should have enough natural life regen per second to sustain yourself.
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi Lighty,

For the moment I have this gem setup : cylone / melee phy dmg / added fire / WED / fortify /faster attacks.

I would like to start trying atziri : 5.7k hp, 47,4k tooltip dps (with just auras) is it viable ?

One last question, is rampart very effective or it's better to respect for jewel nodes ?

I always use a blue link for cyclone, whether or not I use a blood magic gem. You shouldn't limit yourself to just 1 gem though. The beauty of a blue link is the versatility.

Want higher clear speed for lower level content? Increased AoE.

Want higher single target dps for tough bosses? Concentrated effect.

Want a mix of both for regular content? Physical to Lightning.

Switch depending on the situation. I clear T15 trash with Physical to Lightning, then switch in Concentrated Effect for the bosses.
Last edited by USBastard on Dec 29, 2015, 7:43:45 AM
"
KaeroSnow wrote:
"
Tonythetigger wrote:
Hi I'm new to this game and I had a couple mechanics questions I didn't really understand about this build.

1: If you have 100% mana reservation, where do you get the mana to sustain cwdt-molten shell-ic?

2: If you don't have life gain on hit, what allows you to leech life for cyclone? Does physical damage leech count or is it something else?

Thanks for the help!

1. Anything linked to cwdt doesn't actually consume mana or health at all when it gets casted. It's free!

2. Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that by the point in which you remove life gain on hit, you should have enough natural life regen per second to sustain yourself.

2- you are right. Life regen and life leech is enough. I dont walk usually, i move by using cyclone and life regen is fair enough to hold my life full all the time.
"
USBastard wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi Lighty,

I always use a blue link for cyclone, whether or not I use a blood magic gem. You shouldn't limit yourself to just 1 gem though. The beauty of a blue link is the versatility.

Want higher clear speed for lower level content? Increased AoE.

Want higher single target dps for tough bosses? Concentrated effect.

Want a mix of both for regular content? Physical to Lightning.

Switch depending on the situation. I clear T15 trash with Physical to Lightning, then switch in Concentrated Effect for the bosses.

Thx for your time ! I'm going to try that blue versatile socket ! If I want to swap in a second one as you recommend, witch gem do I remove first, WED or added fire ?

Also I see that you can do end content with an hezmana, my first though was to wait for an atziri disfavour to try to 6L my weapon but 6L and hezmana is not a bad choice ?

Thx !
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Thx for your time ! I'm going to try that blue versatile socket ! If I want to swap in a second one as you recommend, witch gem do I remove first, WED or added fire ?

Also I see that you can do end content with an hezmana, my first though was to wait for an atziri disfavour to try to 6L my weapon but 6L and hezmana is not a bad choice ?

Thx !

The easiest way to choose is to swap both gems and see what your character sheet says. The best should be to remove WED and keep Added Fire.

In all logic you HAVE to be able to do end content without Disfavor, as Disfavor only drop on Uber Aztiri, if you need it to beat the game then there would be a problem ;)
Hezmana, Karui Maul and so on, are weapons that should be enough to go through normal Aztiri (and Uber with lots of difficulties) as long as it's correctly socketed and the rest of your gear follows.
6 linking is extremely expensive and if you have already a 5L Hezma I'd advise you to keep on that version until getting your hands on Aztiri's Disfavor. Getting the 6 slots is already pretty hard but getting the 6L after is even way more insane. I'm trying it on an armor and ... I can't say it's going well, I just can't bear anymore all those 1-Link missing tries >.<
Moreover as it's Hezmana we're talking about you already got a 'free slot' as it has BloodMagic for free, a 5L Hezma is like a 6L whatever else weapon.
"
partyboy79 wrote:

Thx !

If the tooltip can be trusted, then dropping added fire is the way to go.

You can do all map content with a 6L Hezmana. You won't be killing T15 Daresso in 10 seconds, but you'll have more than enough dps to handle all maps. I even use Aurafied Warlord's Mark, you'd have way more dps if you use the standard Hatred + Ash.

That said, the Disfavour is a huge boost. 5L Disfavour took my tooltip from 46k (with 6L Hezmana) to 57k. If you could run a 6l Disfavour on mana, your dps would be nuts.

Disfavours are down to 10ex, so they're not entirely out of reach. If you can gather that kind of currency, I'd definitely still go for the Disfavour.
"
Garash wrote:
Been leveling some more now and can use the 4L kaom's primacy I got for 2c in just 4 levels.

I encountered some questions while leveling. What level to use on cwdt gems? For curse application you wrote level 1 and for the molten shell combo you have level 20. Why does it differ? How doI know if I shouln't level cwdt for a while when leveling?

I read on forums that someone using CoC Cyclone is farming uber Atziri in Talisman (sc). I saw that you had some attempts on doing so on youtube. Are there anyone killing ubers with this build in Talisman?

Not that I am aware of. I will attempt uber again post talisman and Should be able to down her with enough attempts, I got very close previously.

For cwdt I use lv1 to apply the curse often and higher level for molten shell as its not as important but molten shell scales very well of level when offering flat armour, so we run it in conjunction with the high level immortal call.
LightyGaming.com
"
USBastard wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:

Thx !

If the tooltip can be trusted, then dropping added fire is the way to go.

You can do all map content with a 6L Hezmana. You won't be killing T15 Daresso in 10 seconds, but you'll have more than enough dps to handle all maps. I even use Aurafied Warlord's Mark, you'd have way more dps if you use the standard Hatred + Ash.

That said, the Disfavour is a huge boost. 5L Disfavour took my tooltip from 46k (with 6L Hezmana) to 57k. If you could run a 6l Disfavour on mana, your dps would be nuts.

Disfavours are down to 10ex, so they're not entirely out of reach. If you can gather that kind of currency, I'd definitely still go for the Disfavour.

If your running hatred and hoa and added fire wed will offer more dps as its a more multiplier on your weapon elemental damage, once you drop added fire the amount of damage wed gives you will go down aswell. I suggest running faster attacks as your 6th link if your going a blue socket for conc-inc aoe.

Disfavour's price will most likely drop more and remain around 10ex with the addition of the divination card and the increase in uber viable builds.
LightyGaming.com
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi Lighty,

Conc/inc aoe is fine and once you have enough dps running inc aoe will boost your clearspeed while mapping tremendously; however conc effect will drop it. Despite the massive damage boost your aoe becomes too small and I suggest only using it for single target boss killing.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info