(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
CrYFu12 wrote:
"
akulazz wrote:
Hey, stupid newbie question here, I couldn't find a definite answer yet in my searches but maybe somebody can help me here.

How do Axes and Maces stack up against each other at higher levels? I read that Axes have slightly longer reach and are therefore good for cyclone but I see Lighty himself using Maces, so I assume there's more to it than that?

I think he used a mace because pre 2.1 Vaal Ground Slam was strong, now it's been nerfed and I personally don't use it.

Vaal ground slam is still strong, just not as strong as before. Axe nodes are better value and have a nice unique progress [ Kaoms primacy > hezmana > Disfavour ]. I use a mace because mine is the #1 mirror mace in the game and despite have not as good nodes its still drastically better than using a 6l disfavour.
LightyGaming.com
Thanks so much for this detailed guide. It is very clear you've invested a lot of thought and time.

I've got a quick question. Are there any viable builds that utilize a 1H weapon and shield with cyclone for block and defense? I see in one of your videos you had a similar build.
"
Thanks so much for this detailed guide. It is very clear you've invested a lot of thought and time.

I've got a quick question. Are there any viable builds that utilize a 1H weapon and shield with cyclone for block and defense? I see in one of your videos you had a similar build.

Any generic max block build can run cyclone as there main skill, its basically interchangeable with static strike, reave and ice crash. Majority of them are labeled as Aegis Builds or Max Block builds; check the build list thread under marauder and check the ones with the most views.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
CrYFu12 wrote:
"
akulazz wrote:
Hey, stupid newbie question here, I couldn't find a definite answer yet in my searches but maybe somebody can help me here.

How do Axes and Maces stack up against each other at higher levels? I read that Axes have slightly longer reach and are therefore good for cyclone but I see Lighty himself using Maces, so I assume there's more to it than that?

I think he used a mace because pre 2.1 Vaal Ground Slam was strong, now it's been nerfed and I personally don't use it.

Vaal ground slam is still strong, just not as strong as before. Axe nodes are better value and have a nice unique progress [ Kaoms primacy > hezmana > Disfavour ]. I use a mace because mine is the #1 mirror mace in the game and despite have not as good nodes its still drastically better than using a 6l disfavour.

Ah that makes sense, since I only recently came back to PoE and have zip for currency or equipment, would you suggest I level up an axe build first?
"
akulazz wrote:

Ah that makes sense, since I only recently came back to PoE and have zip for currency or equipment, would you suggest I level up an axe build first?

If your staring off anew Axe is the way to go, Kaoms primacy is very cheap at this point and cast last you till 80 on a 4L without much issue.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
akulazz wrote:

If your staring off anew Axe is the way to go, Kaoms primacy is very cheap at this point and cast last you till 80 on a 4L without much issue.

Thank you very much for the help Lighty :)
thanks for reply, yea its only ilvl 77 i think
and pretty sure a mix of low hybrid and ipd like u already assumed correctly

yea iam gonna leave it like it is after adding wpn range and trying to 5l maybe
enjoy ur christmas fellas :D
I dont get it... Weapon Elemental Damage!

Whats wrong with it?

Bare dps:18430

I put ring
+36% increased elemental damage with weapons
+33strenght

dps: 18893 (so it gives me: +463damage) Dont forget +33str adds some damage! So its even less.

then i swap it with garbage ring
Adds 3-6 physical damage to attacks
+48 to maximum life

dps: 18751 (so it gives me: 321damage)

wtf. why ele. dmg with weaps. gives so little damage? And what are the really good stats for damage? It seems its almost as good to use 3-6 puny damage to attacks and use these items than aim for elem. damage with weapons that are more expensive.

Havent tested with added fire damage or cold but i think they wont be as good. Need advice on this because i need to improve my dps.Bare dps ~18k with bloodrage etc.. its 37k and i think i should aim for at least 50k dps.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
Last edited by webas on Dec 22, 2015, 5:03:36 PM
Alright so hit level 81 with the build and not quite sure where to go from here. Newish player to PoE and this is my highest level character and I want to get into more of the endgame than just running tier 1-4 maps. I'm res capped with 4.5k life, and 19k dps up to ~26k with all buffs up.

I've got 19 T1, 26 T2, 12 T3, 6 T4, 4 T5, 1 T6, and 1 T7 map. Wondering what I should be doing with the maps, when to alch them, when to alt, etc. So far I've just been making sure they're blue with 2 mods and running them.

I would also like advice on where to go with my gear. I've got 10 chaos and probably 50c or so in other currency, and slowly (seems oh so slowly) building up currency it seems like it'll take forever for me to get any big upgrades.

Also it looks like Atziri's Disfavour is going for like 35 exalts in Talisman. I can't see how I would ever be able to afford something like that.
"
Rocksteadee wrote:
Alright so hit level 81 with the build and not quite sure where to go from here. Newish player to PoE and this is my highest level character and I want to get into more of the endgame than just running tier 1-4 maps. I'm res capped with 4.5k life, and 19k dps up to ~26k with all buffs up.

I've got 19 T1, 26 T2, 12 T3, 6 T4, 4 T5, 1 T6, and 1 T7 map. Wondering what I should be doing with the maps, when to alch them, when to alt, etc. So far I've just been making sure they're blue with 2 mods and running them.

I would also like advice on where to go with my gear. I've got 10 chaos and probably 50c or so in other currency, and slowly (seems oh so slowly) building up currency it seems like it'll take forever for me to get any big upgrades.

Also it looks like Atziri's Disfavour is going for like 35 exalts in Talisman. I can't see how I would ever be able to afford something like that.

In my opinion - just go for cheapest 6link ever. Probably chest - because you dont need good chest at all for this build. Then you can start playing around with 6link.
I decided to try concentrated effect on my 6link and was swapping all gems. I found weapon elemental damage gem added least amount of dps. So i chromed and put conc. effect to test it out. Now im sitting at 37 - 45k with blood rage.
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info