(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey Lighty,

first of all thanks for the guide :)

Regarding warlords mark- are you running it in a CoH link or linked with another BM? I thought you have all your mana reserved.

i'm currently running it with blasphemy (i'm lazy), but planning to switch later on.
"
daiur wrote:
Hey Lighty,

Regarding warlords mark- are you running it in a CoH link or linked with another BM? I thought you have all your mana reserved.

i'm currently running it with blasphemy (i'm lazy), but planning to switch later on.

I know Lighty is usually very quick to respond, but I'll give you my 2 chaos:

Blasphemy is a good enough early game/lazy option, but it reserves too much mana to really be useful when we can just run a L1 CWDT (which Lighty does).

The only thing that Blasphemy is really good for is allowing you to run a max level WM, which just isn't incredibly useful for the amount of mana it reserves. All it gives you is increased duration and AoE radius, which are unnecessary since it's proccing all the time in melee aways, along with slightly increased Stun Recovery, Stun Chance and Endurance Charge chance (~7%); all of which are fairly trivial effects.

If it were only 25%, we might use it or another curse in place of Arctic Armor, but running a L1 CWDT give us the most important parts of Warlords Mark, Leech and Endurance Charges, without the mana reservation.
"
Archimtiros wrote:
"
daiur wrote:
Hey Lighty,

I know Lighty is usually very quick to respond, but I'll give you my 2 chaos:

Blasphemy is a good enough early game/lazy option, but it reserves too much mana to really be useful when we can just run a L1 CWDT (which Lighty does).

The only thing that Blasphemy is really good for is allowing you to run a max level WM, which just isn't incredibly useful for the amount of mana it reserves. All it gives you is increased duration and AoE radius, which are unnecessary since it's proccing all the time in melee aways, along with slightly increased Stun Recovery, Stun Chance and Endurance Charge chance (~7%); all of which are fairly trivial effects.

If it were only 25%, we might use it or another curse in place of Arctic Armor, but running a L1 CWDT give us the most important parts of Warlords Mark, Leech and Endurance Charges, without the mana reservation.

This is basically it, if it was the initial 25% reservation as it was intended to be I would be running warlords mark in blasphemy instead of arctic armour but as it stands its not worth dropping aa and hoa or investing into aura nodes to support blasphemy. Lv1cwdt gets the job done in mass application of warlords mark well enough that we can wait for a better aura down the road.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 21, 2015, 6:53:39 PM
"
Seraf1m wrote:
Hi mate, could you kindly advice what is better - the build you suggested for 2H Cyclone or the one that base on frenzy charges. I would be grateful for your answer with some arguments from point of
1) dps
2) tanky
3) Atziry (and Uber) availability
Thank you in advance and sorry if I asked smth stupid - I am just a begginer in PoE)

If your question is regarding weather or help kraitan for a frenzy charge, help oak for endurance charge or kill all for a passive point the answer is fairly simple. If your on hc and planning to self cast immortal call i suggest an endurance charge. Previously you would use enduring cry and immortal call for the trio fight in atziri/uber but as it stands that less effective than simply doing incremental safe damage as the buff only lasts a few seconds (1/3 the previous time). If your on sc or wont be self casting enduring cry you either help kraiten for an additional 4%attack speed/more damage from bloodrage's frenzy charge generation or kill all for a passive point. It's up to you but the frenzy charge will give you more dps assuming it has 100% up-time, which it wont have because you wont always be killing shit. Overall I prefer killing all and progressing in the passive tree 1 point faster because my playstyle is normally more reserved which means I dont always have charges up between packs and seldom on boss fights that dont generate mobs (trash to kill). Let me know if this helps at all or is close to what you were asking!
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Dec 21, 2015, 6:53:24 PM
How big difference is weapon elemental damage with cyclone as damage boost with 2h mace?
Ty for answer!
I swear if they make some maven "Simon says" insta-death minigame, sirus, exarch ball minigame then i wont play poe2.
Hey Lighty.

I'm absolutely loving the build, and have slightly adapted it to play from the scion tree. It has a bit more life, but is likely a bit less efficient on points (http://tinyurl.com/zhdcx36 if you're interested). I just recently picked up my Kaom's, and I've been planning on using a Hezmana's Bloodlust that I've had. I was wondering if you think it's worth it to spend the currency and attempt to 5 link my Hezmana's (currently running with a 4 Link) to make it effectively a 6 link, or just save the currency for an Atziri's Disfavour.

I'm having a great time playing the build, and I appreciate all the work you've done to keep it up to date.
IGN: Bowqties

Tornado Shot is broken
I'm not sure how to go about getting a 6 link and if I should go with the chest first or weapon(kaom's primacy)? I'm currently level 82 still using 5 links. My chest atm isn't that great so i'm leaning more towards that. Is it better to just buy a chest outright or craft it from square 1? Also are there any guides for crafting a chest?
Last edited by Walrusky on Dec 21, 2015, 8:31:57 PM
I'm fairly new to this game, how do I go about getting Dex for some of these weapons early on and later in the game? is it all based on items having dex?

is that explained in this guide? I couldn't find it.

Thanks for help!
"
rpajak wrote:
I'm fairly new to this game, how do I go about getting Dex for some of these weapons early on and later in the game? is it all based on items having dex?

is that explained in this guide? I couldn't find it.

Thanks for help!

feel free to grab a dex node if ur nearby one
and respecc it later if u can
u only get dex from skilltree if u skill it or from items/jewels

@lighty regarding my axe 2 sites back u think i should add wpn range and than exalt or other way around?
might be a stupid question but dont wanna make a mistake :D
Last edited by Rufnet on Dec 21, 2015, 10:12:43 PM
Hello lighty,

First off, thanks for the guide!

Moving on, I'm fairly content with my mob clearly speed with Hezmana and a 5-link in talisman. With charges and what-not I'm pushing 46-49k tooltip DPS with your gem setup. However, I've been tinkering with Hypothermia and I'm curious as to what you think about it. I can't honestly say that I noticed a significant increase or decrease in clear speed with it. I'm curious if it will help with harder content. I'm inconsistently running in the t9-12 map range right now, but I don't have enough time in to really say if it's helping kill bosses.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info