(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

I found this chest and decided to 5l and ended up with a 6l

I am playing on the Tailisman league softcore, should I just stick with this or should i eventually move to a lightning coil 6l?
"
Nice guide. Was wondering what the deciding factor between axe and mace for a marauder is?

From what I've been reading the axe skill points are more efficient than the mace ones. Axe has access to Kaom's Primacy which is a great starter weapon for cheap, and Atziri's Disfavour as an end game weapon.

Mace if you want to use Vaal Ground Slam or find a good mace I guess.
"
Rocksteadee wrote:
"
Nice guide. Was wondering what the deciding factor between axe and mace for a marauder is?

From what I've been reading the axe skill points are more efficient than the mace ones. Axe has access to Kaom's Primacy which is a great starter weapon for cheap, and Atziri's Disfavour as an end game weapon.

I kind of arbitrarily decided to use 2H Swords, are they just not even worth considering using compared to 2H axes or maces? (Also been playing as a Duelist).
Last edited by KaeroSnow on Dec 19, 2015, 4:03:30 AM
"
KaeroSnow wrote:

I kind of arbitrarily decided to use 2H Swords, are they just not even worth considering using compared to 2H axes or maces? (Also been playing as a Duelist).

Swords favor accuracy mods, both on the weapons and passive nodes, which Resolute Techniques renders redundant. On top of that, there aren't very many useful unique Swords like there are Axes and Maces, so you're stuck rare hunting or crafting. In other words, they just aren't as accessible.
Last edited by Archimtiros on Dec 19, 2015, 6:14:25 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already but for HC, is BM talent the best choice or just use BM gems?
I'm using immortal call with cast when damage taken which was working at first because the little icon would pop up above my head. It doesn't seem to be working or the visual has bugged out because I no longer see the visual icon anymore. I have checked to make sure i met the requirements of the stats for the gems and I do. Does the skill have to be on my actual skill bar for it to activate? Any ideas?

"
Rocksteadee wrote:
"

Thanks!
Last edited by Walrusky on Dec 19, 2015, 3:06:04 PM
"
Garash wrote:
Excellent guide. I tried PoE a long time ago (about release I think) with an arc witch, and I didn't enjoy the game. Now two years later I absolutely love the leveling experiance thanks to this guide. I feel like a demigod even though I'm low level.

I have a question though. Being my first character and all, I guess that I wont even get a decent 5L weapon. Would you recommend doing the cyclone mana build if you believe you can't afford a 5L? Not needing to "waste" a slot for blood magic, and make it dps instead I mean.

I suggest using bloodmagic support gem and reserving all your mana into auras. Getting a 4L kaoms primacy is a cheap and efficient weapon that can get the job done into the 80's.
LightyGaming.com
"
Used this guide for my hc character last league. Died to that bastard magnus lol, but otherwise i loved the build.

Im thinking ill pick up a hezmanas once i get going.

My only question is how is cyclone in 2.1?did it get hit hard?

Love the guide

Iso

Gota stop ripping! Didn't get hit very hard, I will have a video going out tomorrow discussing all the changes to Cyclone in 2.1; got slightly delayed due to talisman.
LightyGaming.com
"
ryatwo wrote:
Hi Lighty. In terms of weapons is the unique weapon Atziri's Disfavour the be all end all of weapons for this build? Similar to how Hegemony's Era is for crit staves unless matched by a mirrored weapon.

Thanks for the help!

Of the unique weapons, Atziri's Disfavour is far ahead as the best; I doubt it will be replaced anytime soon if ever.
LightyGaming.com
"
Novalisk wrote:
Lighty, do you transition to Blood Magic + 3 auras at 5L or 6L? Currently just running the basic 4L setup (cyclone+fortify+melee phys+added fire) and wondering how to plan my build around a 5L. I don't see myself getting a 6L anytime soon since I'm a pretty casual player.

Options I see for 5L:

1. Blood magic keystone, then I only run HoA and use faster attack on my 5L instead of WED.

2. Blood magic gem+WED, use fortify on vengeance instead (for boss battles i'll use vigilant strike). EDIT: Fortify+Vengeance doesn't work :(

3. WED, get some mana leech and run Hatred+HoA (no arctic armour).

In a new league if im playing Cyclone I use bm keystone until 58: when I get kaoms primacy. Then I run triple aura [ aa - hoa - hatred ] and use 4l kaoms until around 80-85. Around then I should have enough to buy a 6l body (celestial Justicar ect.) or 5-6l my own, then the weapon slot becomes Flexible based on your currency.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info