(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:

So your mace is 431.34 pdps and kaoms is 400 pdps on average + culling strike which makes it roughly 440 dps, so there "identical" for damage. The questions is are you going to use vaal ground slam, if yes your going maces; otherwise axes is best. Axe nodes are "better" overall and if your goal is casually mapping and maybe atziri both weapons can last you until the mid 80's. If your looking for the safest version I would suggest axes with bm keystone and using double mings heart but making sure you stay above 5k life, its very safe. Running bm support and 3 aura's is the "best" option but slightly less safe, if your on softcore I suggest aura's and bm support gem.

Softcore, futzing about in under rolled maps is my playstyle :-)

I have a Kaom's Heart -- my first really good drop in three years came right after I respecced into this build -- so I think I am short of sockets for three Auras and am currently running Hatred and Haste. I think you have convinced me to change to Axes.

Many thanks for the reply.

"
Raechel wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

So your mace is 431.34 pdps and kaoms is 400 pdps on average + culling strike which makes it roughly 440 dps, so there "identical" for damage. The questions is are you going to use vaal ground slam, if yes your going maces; otherwise axes is best. Axe nodes are "better" overall and if your goal is casually mapping and maybe atziri both weapons can last you until the mid 80's. If your looking for the safest version I would suggest axes with bm keystone and using double mings heart but making sure you stay above 5k life, its very safe. Running bm support and 3 aura's is the "best" option but slightly less safe, if your on softcore I suggest aura's and bm support gem.

Softcore, futzing about in under rolled maps is my playstyle :-)

I have a Kaom's Heart -- my first really good drop in three years came right after I respecced into this build -- so I think I am short of sockets for three Auras and am currently running Hatred and Haste. I think you have convinced me to change to Axes.

Many thanks for the reply.

"
idlewarhero wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
idlewarhero wrote:
Hey, could you please show the marauder skill tree (Axe, Hardcore) using mana?
I can't figure out how to combine "Basic Tree Framework" with "Marauder - Axe (Hardcore)"

You just add the axe specific nodes so something like this.

thanks a lot

Let me know if you have any more questions, comments or concerns!
LightyGaming.com
"
Faster Attacks (Use over Weapon Elemental Damage if Running Life Gain on Hit)
Weapon Elemental Damage (Use over Faster Attacks if not running Life Gain on Hit)

Question about Cyclone setup in tooltip faster attacks give more dps (around 3-4k in my case) is there something i miss in this? You seem to prefer WEP and i don't get why.

ps: Nice christmas Guts ^^
"
Tagmatar wrote:
"
Faster Attacks (Use over Weapon Elemental Damage if Running Life Gain on Hit)
Weapon Elemental Damage (Use over Faster Attacks if not running Life Gain on Hit)

Question about Cyclone setup in tooltip faster attacks give more dps (around 3-4k in my case) is there something i miss in this? You seem to prefer WEP and i don't get why.

ps: Nice christmas Guts ^^

Are you running Hatred,hoa and Added fire damage, because if not you wont gain as much dps from wed since you dont have as much wed converted from your phys. If your just using phys gems and forgoing wed/hatred/hoa faster attacks will grant more raw damage.
LightyGaming.com
Excellent guide. I tried PoE a long time ago (about release I think) with an arc witch, and I didn't enjoy the game. Now two years later I absolutely love the leveling experiance thanks to this guide. I feel like a demigod even though I'm low level.

I have a question though. Being my first character and all, I guess that I wont even get a decent 5L weapon. Would you recommend doing the cyclone mana build if you believe you can't afford a 5L? Not needing to "waste" a slot for blood magic, and make it dps instead I mean.
Last edited by Garash on Dec 18, 2015, 8:05:13 AM
Used this guide for my hc character last league. Died to that bastard magnus lol, but otherwise i loved the build.

Im thinking ill pick up a hezmanas once i get going.

My only question is how is cyclone in 2.1?did it get hit hard?

Love the guide

Iso
Hi Lighty. In terms of weapons is the unique weapon Atziri's Disfavour the be all end all of weapons for this build? Similar to how Hegemony's Era is for crit staves unless matched by a mirrored weapon.

Thanks for the help!
Lighty, do you transition to Blood Magic + 3 auras at 5L or 6L? Currently just running the basic 4L setup (cyclone+fortify+melee phys+added fire) and wondering how to plan my build around a 5L. I don't see myself getting a 6L anytime soon since I'm a pretty casual player.

Options I see for 5L:

1. Blood magic keystone, then I only run HoA and use faster attack on my 5L instead of WED.

2. Blood magic gem+WED, use fortify on vengeance instead (for boss battles i'll use vigilant strike). EDIT: Fortify+Vengeance doesn't work :(

3. WED, get some mana leech and run Hatred+HoA (no arctic armour).
Last edited by Novalisk on Dec 18, 2015, 5:04:27 PM
"
Used this guide for my hc character last league. Died to that bastard magnus lol, but otherwise i loved the build.

Im thinking ill pick up a hezmanas once i get going.

My only question is how is cyclone in 2.1?did it get hit hard?

Love the guide

Iso

Still facerolling, only tooltip dps is higher :p
lvl talisman 88
Last edited by diibaduuba on Dec 18, 2015, 10:43:19 AM
Nice guide. Was wondering what the deciding factor between axe and mace for a marauder is?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info