(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Lighty wrote:
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
Passive tree looks like it was nice to this build. Using the mace build, the changes are:

2.6% physical attack damage leeched as life instead of 1.4%.
20% extra damage while leeching instead of 15%.
15% radius of area skills instead of 20%. (Slight radius nerf)
20% increased area damage instead of 8%.
20% increased stun threshold, instead of 0.

Don't think they changed enough on the marauder/duelist areas to make a rebuild necessary (or beneficial), though the new mana leech circle in duelist does look tempting if you don't want to run your spells on blood magic.

I think its still not worth the headache of using mana; maybe if you had really good mana on hit jewels; but even then.

First of all, thanks a lot for the guide Lighty! I used it as a benchmark in Darkshrine league and had the most fun playing any game I've had in awhile, love cylone :)

Really wanted to roll a cycloner for the 3 month league, so I was quite scared coming into patch 2.1 that they would nerf it too much. But comparing the cyclone dmg nerf and then the slight boost we'll get to the build from the passive tree, on the whole the changes to the build seem rather insignificant don't they? You reckon we'll see a noticeable change in end-game cyclone damage?

Cyclone damage gets nerfed by ~10% and the damage on the first hit gets reduced (not sure how much that impacts the damage/clear speed?) but instead we'll get +5% damage while leeching (which we are constantly doing) and 12% increased are damage while also substantially increasing our life leech.
Doesn't seem too bad!

Hope you'll keep playing a Cycloner and updating this guide :)

IC/PA/SRS and Surgeon all got a nerf. So hopefully cyclone will still remain as one of the strongest (and definitely one of the most fun) builds in PoE.

Really looking forward to the new season =)
Last edited by Ridman on Dec 7, 2015, 6:20:07 AM
"
Ridman wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:
Passive tree looks like it was nice to this build. Using the mace build, the changes are:

Don't think they changed enough on the marauder/duelist areas to make a rebuild necessary (or beneficial), though the new mana leech circle in duelist does look tempting if you don't want to run your spells on blood magic.

I think its still not worth the headache of using mana; maybe if you had really good mana on hit jewels; but even then.

First of all, thanks a lot for the guide Lighty! I used it as a benchmark in Darkshrine league and had the most fun playing any game I've had in awhile, love cylone :)

Really wanted to roll a cycloner for the 3 month league, so I was quite scared coming into patch 2.1 that they would nerf it too much. But comparing the cyclone dmg nerf and then the slight boost we'll get to the build from the passive tree, on the whole the changes to the build seem rather insignificant don't they? You reckon we'll see a noticeable change in end-game cyclone damage?

Cyclone damage gets nerfed by ~10% and the damage on the first hit gets reduced (not sure how much that impacts the damage/clear speed?) but instead we'll get +5% damage while leeching (which we are constantly doing) and 12% increased are damage while also substantially increasing our life leech.
Doesn't seem too bad!

Hope you'll keep playing a Cycloner and updating this guide :)

IC/PA/SRS and Surgeon all got a nerf. So hopefully cyclone will still remain as one of the strongest (and definitely one of the most fun) builds in PoE.

Really looking forward to the new season =)

Yeah like I wrote in my last update on the new updates and talisman passive tree; the changes didn't do shit for/against cyclone, its exactly the same. Imo it will remain the #1 melee skill and continues to be the best melee mechanic unless melee splash is hyper OP upon release. With the upcoming blasphemy,ascendancy sub-classes and ascendancy enhancements; cyclone will be as strong if not stronger than ever.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:
"
BlaydeX15 wrote:

Although I still still* think mana isn't the right route to take for cyclone; ill post/update the mana sub-section of the passive tree section to accommodate the new changes to the talisman passive tree and with + mana gain on hit jewels it may be a more worthwhile en devour. It should be up around Wednesday night.
LightyGaming.com
Hello Lighty, just want to thank you again for the wonderful guide. i had a level 80 maurader which was gathering dust in standard and i decided to build a cyclone after the fix to desync as i always loved the skill except for the rubberbanding and mishits due to desync issues back then. i'm posting my gear here so that maybe you and other more experienced individuals would be able to point me in the right direction for upgrades.

i currently have 44k dps with HOA and Hatred up and it can reach 64k with onslaught, 3 frenzy charges, bloodrage and fortify up. in terms of damage, i'm pretty happy with it as i'm clearing t12 rare maps with EE + monster life without difficulties. my only concern is that i'm pretty squishy, ripping at a dual boss courtyard map recently. i currently have capped resists with 5.3k life.
Thanks for your guide Lighty its really well kept an and like your commitment. Will you be playing this build in the upcoming latest ascendancy? And how does this build fair against the act 4 boss? I play casually and usually pay 1/2 c for act4 boss kill cause im a busy man and play HC and have small children distraction (my kids)
Last edited by RaPsKa on Dec 8, 2015, 4:29:48 AM
Maybe some older posts can answer my question but .... Tooooo many pages awready. So im thinking to play new ligue with this build should i start marauder or dualist ?
IN GAME NICK: DnB___
"
anton2k4 wrote:
Hello Lighty, just want to thank you again for the wonderful guide. i had a level 80 maurader which was gathering dust in standard and i decided to build a cyclone after the fix to desync as i always loved the skill except for the rubberbanding and mishits due to desync issues back then. i'm posting my gear here so that maybe you and other more experienced individuals would be able to point me in the right direction for upgrades.

i currently have 44k dps with HOA and Hatred up and it can reach 64k with onslaught, 3 frenzy charges, bloodrage and fortify up. in terms of damage, i'm pretty happy with it as i'm clearing t12 rare maps with EE + monster life without difficulties. my only concern is that i'm pretty squishy, ripping at a dual boss courtyard map recently. i currently have capped resists with 5.3k life.

Hey there! So I would definitely be running arctic armour, there is little reason to not allocate the remaining 25% mana if your running all other spells off bloodmagic and chilled ground is a decent defensive mechanism. Your body is fine but lightning coil is the way to go, massive form of physical mitigation makes higher level mapping much easier and prevent getting 1 shot; on a similar vein getting a redblade helm is a mini-lightning coil ( see my gear for reference ). If you haven't already taste of hate and rumi's are worthwhile investments and make boss fights easier offering even more phys mitigation and flat block/spell block. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.
LightyGaming.com
"
RaPsKa wrote:
Thanks for your guide Lighty its really well kept an and like your commitment. Will you be playing this build in the upcoming latest ascendancy? And how does this build fair against the act 4 boss? I play casually and usually pay 1/2 c for act4 boss kill cause im a busy man and play HC and have small children distraction (my kids)

Thanks for the praise and I wont be playing cyclone for talisman, not sure for ascendancy yet. Cyclone has zero difficulty with Malachai unless you ignore all the boss mechanics and walk into all his abilities, its the best melee skill mechanically and allows for easy movement while dpsing during the fight. It recently received a 10% dps nerf for the upcoming league which is basically nothing considering what cyclone has coming up; Blasphemy aura, Sub-classes and Ascendancy Enhancements. Imo still pay the 1.5c for the act 4 rush as its not worth re-rolling if you have limited time to play; your more likely to die to cruel Malachai then starting mapping.
LightyGaming.com
"
dnb_elen69 wrote:
Maybe some older posts can answer my question but .... Tooooo many pages awready. So im thinking to play new ligue with this build should i start marauder or dualist ?

Marauder has a better start which gives a slight edge endgame. As of now the minutely better start, the class flexibility for changing builds (marauder has more viable builds) and the physical appearance of the character models was the only difference, ascendancy will change that. With the upcoming addition of sub-classes there will be a clean-cut better class to play and the simple answer is I cant say for sure which will be best. As of now 3/3 duelist classes and 1/3 marauder classes were spoiled; if I was to say based off this info which class is best id say duelist. That being said the "dps" subclass's for marauder may outperform this so its going off limited info.
LightyGaming.com
i was planing to use blasphemy in combination with enfeeble/vurn.
id drop arctic armour because HoA and hatred are way to strong for cyclone imo.

We would exchange Blashpemy for Cwdt and the curse would stay where it is right now.
Meaning we would gain one gem slot(loosing AA).
What do you think is the best gem for that slot?
Vaal haste? Fire golem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info