(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

Hey, i thought about playing your build in the talisman HC league (i also tested it already on standard and it seems pretty playable for HC) now my question: Why are your HC skill trees only for Axes? Is there any reason why you wouldnt use a Mace in HC? Or any other reasons? Thy for an answer and sorry if it was already asked somewhere.
I've taken my DS cycloner into standard, and bought him a few presents...
I bought a cheap unlinked disfavour and socketed and linked it. Only a 5l though (Never lucky!), but did have some fuses left over so threw some on a Belly I had hanging around, and that did 6l (so maybe lucky!). Have got a couple of 5l legacy coils knocking around, but no 6l.

Couldn't cap resists using that though, with my dual ming's setup, plus not really getting the value out of it, so switched to a new rare ring (linked below, bit of a bargain for 20c!). So now nicely overcapped so I can run ele weakness maps.
I might eventually switch out completely from using BM keystone after 2.1 (so I can run blasphemy, or could take hit on life) though.

Current gear now

As you can see i'm running my cyclone in the 6l, not the disfavour, which loses some minor bonuses. I've put an enhance/empower/blood rage combo in there, small attack speed boost, not massive but better than nothing. Enhance with vengeance combo could be interesting, the quality would really up the proc rate.
At the moment also have portal in there, for a massively upped cast speed!
Has meant I have dropped vaal cyclone. I still like it, but it was getting me killed.....

6l is a huge QoL improvement, lets me run inc AoE for mapping (Why does it have such high int reqs though?) and swap in conc effect. Could even throw in item rarity for easy content, or phys to lightning for phys reflect maps.
Hitting about 68k dps with inc aoe and flasks/charges up. Just tears through maps.

I also took the opportunity to exalt my jewels. Got 1 ok resist roll, one pretty nice attack speed on an ok jewel, and 2 good ones. You would probably like the first one, mace roll no good for me. Should be sellable though.

And one GG one

Probably won't play him too much anyway as I'll be in talisman league, but I'll try and keep him going. Try and get to about lvl 95, Should be almost 7k life while weaing a Ming's and hitting like a truck.

Carl
Well , its going to be my 1 time creating a cyclone and i have questions for you , perhaps someone ask u but there are so much comments.

I'm planning to create it in Talisman league HC.

What's u reccomend:

Marauder - Axe
Marauder - Sword
Marauder - Mace
Duelist - Axe
Duelist - Sword
Duelist - Mace
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore)
Marauder - Axe (Hardcore - Bloodmagic Keystone)

because i dont know anything about marauder , if u can say a little description of PROS / CON of everyone is going to be perfect.

Sorry 4 my bad grammar im not english native and dont wanna use google translator i think its baddest than me xD

Thanks so much.
Last edited by treirk on Dec 9, 2015, 7:58:35 AM
"
treirk wrote:
Well , its going to be my 1 time creating a cyclone and i have questions for you , perhaps someone ask u but there are so much comments.

What's u reccomend:

Marauder - Axe
Marauder - Sword
Marauder - Mace
Duelist - Axe
Duelist - Sword
Duelist - Mace

because i dont know anything about marauder , if u can say a little description of PROS / CON of everyone is going to be perfect.

Sorry 4 my bad grammar im not english native and dont wanna use google translator i think its baddest than me xD

Thanks so much.

I'm not Lighty, but based upon my experience of running cyclone for the first time in the last temp league, here are my thoughts

Marauder is still probably the best start, when the expansion comes out, duelist might be better if you are going to continue in standard, but we honestly don't know yet. I'd stick to Marauder.

Vaal ground slam isn't going to be quite as good, which is a big attraction of maces. Still usable I'm sure though.
Swords don't have much going for them, unless you are trying to drop resolute technique, which is quite a different build.

Axes have the pretty big advantage of good, achievable uniques (There are a few new ones in the patch notes, but not clear if they are 1 or 2h). A few nice levelling ones, and Kaom's is just fine for endgame, and gets pretty cheap by a week or so into a league. If you do well with currency then even a disfavour is a much cheaper option than equivalent rares.
So I'd stick to axes.

BM keystone vs gem - I really like using the keystone. I'd recommend at least levelling with it as it just makes everything easier. But with Blasphemy, running a blasphemy curse + hated/HoA might be the better option for mapping.

Carl
"
xYumiko123 wrote:
Hey, i thought about playing your build in the talisman HC league (i also tested it already on standard and it seems pretty playable for HC) now my question: Why are your HC skill trees only for Axes? Is there any reason why you wouldn't use a Mace in HC? Or any other reasons? Thy for an answer and sorry if it was already asked somewhere.

You can play any weapon type for any league type, majority of the trees are extremely similar with the main difference being maces for vaal ground slam; which just received a large nerf. I would suggest Axes when starting simply for the ease of using a Kaom's Primacy @58 which is a large dps boost at that level and is fine till the mid 80's.
LightyGaming.com
"
Carlovski wrote:
I've taken my DS cycloner into standard, and bought him a few presents...
I bought a cheap unlinked disfavour and socketed and linked it. Only a 5l though (Never lucky!), but did have some fuses left over so threw some on a Belly I had hanging around, and that did 6l (so maybe lucky!). Have got a couple of 5l legacy coils knocking around, but no 6l.

Couldn't cap resists using that though, with my dual ming's setup, plus not really getting the value out of it, so switched to a new rare ring (linked below, bit of a bargain for 20c!). So now nicely overcapped so I can run ele weakness maps.
I might eventually switch out completely from using BM keystone after 2.1 (so I can run blasphemy, or could take hit on life) though.

Current gear now

As you can see i'm running my cyclone in the 6l, not the disfavour, which loses some minor bonuses. I've put an enhance/empower/blood rage combo in there, small attack speed boost, not massive but better than nothing. Enhance with vengeance combo could be interesting, the quality would really up the proc rate.
At the moment also have portal in there, for a massively upped cast speed!
Has meant I have dropped vaal cyclone. I still like it, but it was getting me killed.....

6l is a huge QoL improvement, lets me run inc AoE for mapping (Why does it have such high int reqs though?) and swap in conc effect. Could even throw in item rarity for easy content, or phys to lightning for phys reflect maps.
Hitting about 68k dps with inc aoe and flasks/charges up. Just tears through maps.

I also took the opportunity to exalt my jewels. Got 1 ok resist roll, one pretty nice attack speed on an ok jewel, and 2 good ones. You would probably like the first one, mace roll no good for me. Should be sellable though.

And one GG one

Probably won't play him too much anyway as I'll be in talisman league, but I'll try and keep him going. Try and get to about lvl 95, Should be almost 7k life while weaing a Ming's and hitting like a truck.

Carl

Everything's looking good and RNGesus has given and taketh away in the form of the wrong 6l. The sapphire ring is a steal for 20c but that kinda thing happens in standard alot, I could see that ring being 2ex in temp leagues. Your amulet is still "meh" but I can imagine why your wearing it (stats). Both jewels are super duper nice, especially the second one which I can easily see for 10ex. Your still going to want to run coil ( especially if you have legacy ) although its not a top priority. 68k dps in combat is plenty so inc aoe is a fine call and mapping should be a breeze for a while; even after the minor patch nerfs on Friday. Let me know how talisman goes as i'll be struggling in hc as rf!
LightyGaming.com
"
Carlovski wrote:
"
treirk wrote:

What's u reccomend:

Marauder - Axe
Marauder - Sword
Marauder - Mace
Duelist - Axe
Duelist - Sword
Duelist - Mace

Thanks so much.

I'm not Lighty, but based upon my experience of running cyclone for the first time in the last temp league, here are my thoughts

Marauder is still probably the best start, when the expansion comes out, duelist might be better if you are going to continue in standard, but we honestly don't know yet. I'd stick to Marauder.

Vaal ground slam isn't going to be quite as good, which is a big attraction of maces. Still usable I'm sure though.
Swords don't have much going for them, unless you are trying to drop resolute technique, which is quite a different build.

Axes have the pretty big advantage of good, achievable uniques (There are a few new ones in the patch notes, but not clear if they are 1 or 2h). A few nice levelling ones, and Kaom's is just fine for endgame, and gets pretty cheap by a week or so into a league. If you do well with currency then even a disfavour is a much cheaper option than equivalent rares.
So I'd stick to axes.

BM keystone vs gem - I really like using the keystone. I'd recommend at least levelling with it as it just makes everything easier. But with Blasphemy, running a blasphemy curse + hated/HoA might be the better option for mapping.

Carl

This is all correct but a few things I would add.

As of talisman Marauder is still the better choice unless your planning on playing this guy after the league aswell in which case I cannot say for sure. Sub-classes will have a major influence on which class to pick and until ascendancy we wont know for sure which is best unless the final 2 marauder sub-classes become spoiled.

For BM Keystone the main draw endgame is utilizing 1-2 Ming's heart. Normally they are a semi-pain to use but with your massive life pool running 2 counteracts the life gained from the nodes behind Bm keystone and grants 20(40)% chaos damage added from your physical; which cannot be reflected(or leeched).

Let me know if these responses make sense to you or if you have any more questions, comments or concerns.
LightyGaming.com
"
Lighty wrote:

Everything's looking good and RNGesus has given and taketh away in the form of the wrong 6l. The sapphire ring is a steal for 20c but that kinda thing happens in standard alot, I could see that ring being 2ex in temp leagues. Your amulet is still "meh" but I can imagine why your wearing it (stats). Both jewels are super duper nice, especially the second one which I can easily see for 10ex. Your still going to want to run coil ( especially if you have legacy ) although its not a top priority. 68k dps in combat is plenty so inc aoe is a fine call and mapping should be a breeze for a while; even after the minor patch nerfs on Friday. Let me know how talisman goes as i'll be struggling in hc as rf![/b]

Well at least a 6l belly is handy for other builds as well! I have got a couple of 5l legacy coils, corrupted but ok colours. Be hard to give up the 6l, would really need to 6l the disfavour first.
Yeah, amulet is mainly for the stats, been struggling to find anything similar but better. Ring was a bargain though (spent a bit more rolling the right craft on it) - 135 res + 74 life is pretty good.

Jewel exalting is quite addictive, though at least 2h crimson jewels are fairly easy to roll. That first one I should probably sell to try and get an axe version, but yeah, the second one is nice. If I can get another like that, I'll go for another jewel socket rather than more 5% life nodes.

Won't be twirling in Talisman league - I never play the same build twice (at least not twice in a row). Looking at trying to come up with a good chaos caster build, or maybe shockwave totem first, then chaos as a second character.

"
Carlovski wrote:
"
Lighty wrote:

Everything's looking good and RNGesus has given and taketh away in the form of the wrong 6l. The sapphire ring is a steal for 20c but that kinda thing happens in standard alot, I could see that ring being 2ex in temp leagues. Your amulet is still "meh" but I can imagine why your wearing it (stats). Both jewels are super duper nice, especially the second one which I can easily see for 10ex. Your still going to want to run coil ( especially if you have legacy ) although its not a top priority. 68k dps in combat is plenty so inc aoe is a fine call and mapping should be a breeze for a while; even after the minor patch nerfs on Friday. Let me know how talisman goes as i'll be struggling in hc as rf![/b]

Well at least a 6l belly is handy for other builds as well! I have got a couple of 5l legacy coils, corrupted but ok colours. Be hard to give up the 6l, would really need to 6l the disfavour first.
Yeah, amulet is mainly for the stats, been struggling to find anything similar but better. Ring was a bargain though (spent a bit more rolling the right craft on it) - 135 res + 74 life is pretty good.

Jewel exalting is quite addictive, though at least 2h crimson jewels are fairly easy to roll. That first one I should probably sell to try and get an axe version, but yeah, the second one is nice. If I can get another like that, I'll go for another jewel socket rather than more 5% life nodes.

Won't be twirling in Talisman league - I never play the same build twice (at least not twice in a row). Looking at trying to come up with a good chaos caster build, or maybe shockwave totem first, then chaos as a second character.

Sounds like a good plan to me! If your on hc join me for some maps day 1-2!
LightyGaming.com
Hey Lighty,

First off great write up really comprehensive and clear. I think this build is the most fun I have had in the game so far, previously got bored about half way through mapping but having a blast. One thing I could use advice on is Iron Reflexes. It would seem to me all the nodes we get with +%armour would be better to pickup Iron Reflexes. I am using Atziri's Step/ Devoto's Devotion / Lightning coil so have a few evasion pieces. Does the added armour not get multiplied by the +%armour nodes? Just trying to figure it out myself but at a loss. Finally found a 6L axe so going to be getting started crafting soon! So excite!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info