(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Hey lighty, when you have the time if you could check out my gear and let me know how i could improve or things that i could do to advance this character.

Very new to POE so i dont have a ton of currency. Thanks for your time

Hey there! Okay so this is going to be rough, your using alot of uniques, most of which are bad for cyclone. So im going to list each piece of gear your using that needs replacing and what to replace it with. Most everything I list will be within the "helpful uniques" or "required gear" section of the build guide.

• The Blood Reaper: Overall a horrible weapon that's mostly used for its cool looking skin. A cheap and far superior replacement is Kaom's Primacy.
  • Three dragons: Its not a bad helm and is build enabling, just not for cyclone. Any rare helm will do, preferably armour,res,life,int/str. If you can afford it Devoto's Devotion unique helm is solid for cyclone and boost clear speed significantly.
  • Your body armour is 100% fine for now and can last you into the mid 80's.
  • Perandus Blazon: really offers nothing for cyclone but of the bad uniques your using, its the least bad and can be replaced last. A tri res,life,armour,wed belt or a Dorayni's Invitation will do later on.
  • Slitherpinch: mediocre at best but fall in a similar category as Perandus Blazon, Not good but not a top priority replacement. A tri res,life,armour,attacks speed,flat phys rare is preferable.
  • Try and get 30% movement speed on your boots, its very very important for cyclone. There currently missing 2 prefix roll's, don't forget to use forsaken masters to craft missing stats!
  • Carnage Heart: -25% life is essentially costing you 5 passive points for a very small upside of stats,allres and leech. A decently rolled rare is far superior.
  • Your rings are okay-ish. Just get more of the same, life,res,physical damage,wed,int/dex.

When it comes to buying gear use Poe.trades to search for anything and everything. Try and save your currency for key purchases such as a weapon and 30% movement speed boots.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 26, 2015, 12:28:03 AM
"
Nevenka242 wrote:
"
Yes for over a year; its by far the best unique weapon for cyclone atm and for its cost and with roughly 650pdps it can last you forever. I highly suggest it as your first large purchased and aside from near mirror weapons its the best you will get. As previously mentioned its pdps is roughly 650 but in reality its closer to 700 from the bleed effect. the +2 gem levels and much appreciated +2 weapon range.

I would love to buy one, but im sure it wont be this race, i hopre for next regular league... This axe is pretty expensive, but truth is its OP as ****. Next question I have did u try to use Malicious Intent jewel? http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Malicious_Intent This jewel procs Unholy might buff and I have to say I like it lot.

Also, can u suggest me what I can/should change? Im not able to kill Haast beyond boss without dying and some other mobs are problem too, but for exaple Dominus form T10 map Necropolis is not problem at all... Im not sure im doing something wrong or is it "normal"?

Thx for help! :)

Most of your gear looks fine, alot of rares that can use upgrading,boots,ammy ect. Upgrading rares is basically an endless journey so make improvements when you can. I would still suggest saving for a Atziri Disfavour, Kaoms primacy can last you to t10 maps albeit a little slow. I have tried malicious intent and unholy might is arguably the strongest buff in the game, however i found the 5% proc rate very low compared to a well rolled rare jewel. If your lacking on good rare jewels its a welcomed addition. Haast is the second hardest beyond boss for cyclone behind aboxoth himself, just run a sapphire flask to deal with him.
LightyGaming.com
HI Lighty, it's me again with some questions :)

Now I'm lvl 75 and here is my current gear :

My tooltip DPS for cyclone :
Without auras (hatred + herald of ash) : 12 867
With auras (hatred + herald of ash) : 17 423
Life : 4039
Armor : 3982
Res : capped

My next goal is to try atziri (for the 1st time) and try to farm it to make some currency (to then buy very high end items)

I feel like I need some more HP, so what piece of gear do I need to change ? (I haven't taken devotion node yet)
I try various things, and in general, I loose some armor if I try to get more HP.
Perhaps I need to change my belt or helmet with a good rare with a high life roll.

Got a question about crafting, in a previous answer you advise me to chaos some rare items to try to get better rolls. How does that work ?
If I find an item with a good ilvl, good stats but bad rolls, I can chaos it to try to get better rolls ?
example : my chest got a near perfect life roll but res are bad

Does that work too when crafting weapons ? example, I have a rare ilvl 73+ with all stat needed, more flat phy damage + % phy damage + attack speed,but rolls are bad. I feel like I have more chance to chaos for good rolls than crafting from nothing (I never had luck with this).

One last question : I've changed auras from : hatred + haste for hatred + herald of ash + arctic armor. In our case arctic armor is just here for chilling enemys ? the damage reduction will not work for us as we move with cyclone ?

Sorry if my questions feel noobish :)

Btw, good job for your build update

Last edited by partyboy79 on Oct 26, 2015, 1:28:21 PM
"
Most of your gear looks fine, alot of rares that can use upgrading,boots,ammy ect. Upgrading rares is basically an endless journey so make improvements when you can. I would still suggest saving for a Atziri Disfavour, Kaoms primacy can last you to t10 maps albeit a little slow. I have tried malicious intent and unholy might is arguably the strongest buff in the game, however i found the 5% proc rate very low compared to a well rolled rare jewel. If your lacking on good rare jewels its a welcomed addition. Haast is the second hardest beyond boss for cyclone behind aboxoth himself, just run a sapphire flask to deal with him.

Thank you for replay!! :)

Last question I have is how many HP do u suggest? Now I have 5.2k HP, but im not sure it is enough? I haven't invested pasives into scion "HP circle" yet, do u think I should do it?

Ok bit of an update on what I look like atm, would love your input as always bud.

HP: 5000

Resists: Fire 76(97) Cold 75(91) Lightning 75(93) Chaos 29

2handed Axe with 2 handed hammer in weapon swap

Ming's heart
Lightning coil
Rest of gear rare life/resist etc.

Pots:

Insta heal with bleed
Insta heal with anti freeze

Granite with curse removal (Thinking of changing this, I enjoy clearing off curses but I'm not sure how 'dangerous' curses are and if there's something else I could run as a higher priority.

Quicksilver with speed (I've thought of switching to anti freeze but so far this is working well with the extra speed)

Rumi's

gloves
CWDT lvl 1 - Enfeeble
Vaal ground slam - Multistrike

Boots
Blood magic - Blood rage - Enduring cry - Arctic armour (unlinked)

Hat
CWDT 20 - inc duration - Molten Shell - Immortal Call

Chest
Blood magic - Leap slam - stun - endurance charge
Herald of ash - Hatred

TL:DR I'd like your thoughts on the following:

Immortal Call - When I have 7 charges up I'm over 80% Phys mitigation. In high maps IM goes off all the time and I have to refresh charges all the time, causing occasionally having less than 7 charges. Tempted to just run without IM and have the constant mitigation.

VAAL ground slam - Yep, running a weapon swap to 2handed hammer so I can use this, so far it's working pretty well even if I'm not spec'd into hammer.

Anti curse flask - I'm not struggling to clear bleed or freeze, so far my insta pots handle that fine, I'm just curious if clearing curses is really that vital, I haven't run across any that make me worry they will kill me, so is it even worth clearing them?

Thanks again, updates looking good so far.

- Tincat
Last edited by Tinofcatfood on Oct 26, 2015, 12:11:53 PM
Im not sure how to make your new gem setup on your helm? My molten shell is automatically casted has it should (even without bloodmagic and i can see the mana cost lol?) but my immortal call is not. I replaced increase duration with bloodmagic but its not autocasted, i need to cast it manually. I am doing something wrong or do i need a specific item to get it to work properly? My spec is really close to your Marauder 2h axe guide.
im lvl76 with 4k life, 16k dmg, with all max res on merciless.

Malachai still one hit me :(
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child wrote:
im lvl76 with 4k life, 16k dmg, with all max res on merciless.

Malachai still one hit me :(

With redblades helm, legacy coil and taste of hate, he still hits me for like 4-5k. I feel your pain
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Oct 27, 2015, 1:23:59 AM
"
Pnorth wrote:
Im not sure how to make your new gem setup on your helm? My molten shell is automatically casted has it should (even without bloodmagic and i can see the mana cost lol?) but my immortal call is not. I replaced increase duration with bloodmagic but its not autocasted, i need to cast it manually. I am doing something wrong or do i need a specific item to get it to work properly? My spec is really close to your Marauder 2h axe guide.

Can you link your current gem setup inside whatever item its in and what level cwdt are you using compared to your other spell levels?
LightyGaming.com
"
partyboy79 wrote:
HI Lighty, it's me again with some questions :)

Now I'm lvl 75 and here is my current gear :

My tooltip DPS for cyclone :
Without auras (hatred + herald of ash) : 12 867
With auras (hatred + herald of ash) : 17 423
Life : 4039
Armor : 3982
Res : capped

My next goal is to try atziri (for the 1st time) and try to farm it to make some currency (to then buy very high end items)

I feel like I need some more HP, so what piece of gear do I need to change ? (I haven't taken devotion node yet)
I try various things, and in general, I loose some armor if I try to get more HP.
Perhaps I need to change my belt or helmet with a good rare with a high life roll.

Got a question about crafting, in a previous answer you advise me to chaos some rare items to try to get better rolls. How does that work ?
If I find an item with a good ilvl, good stats but bad rolls, I can chaos it to try to get better rolls ?
example : my chest got a near perfect life roll but res are bad

Does that work too when crafting weapons ? example, I have a rare ilvl 73+ with all stat needed, more flat phy damage + % phy damage + attack speed,but rolls are bad. I feel like I have more chance to chaos for good rolls than crafting from nothing (I never had luck with this).

One last question : I've changed auras from : hatred + haste for hatred + herald of ash + arctic armor. In our case arctic armor is just here for chilling enemys ? the damage reduction will not work for us as we move with cyclone ?

Sorry if my questions feel noobish :)

Btw, good job for your build update

Your jewelry seems week on life and a noticeable amount of life comes from actual levels, you can get some life on jewel aswell. You want around 5k life for atziri but it can be done with less if you dodge most spells; flameblast,stormcall ect. Regarding chaos'ing items its only really worth it for Body Armour and Belts where the roll pool is very limited so the odds of getting desired rolls are fairly high in your case I would keep your Body as is unless your willing to sink 150-200 chaos on it. You sadly do no gain the reduced fire/physical damage taken buff from Arctic Armour since were constantly on the move; however the chilled ground effect is almost always applied to whatever were attacking, which is very helpful. Finally in regards to what your describing about the i73 weapon, a chaos orb will randomize the prefixes and suffixes; they have no bearing on the tier of roll of the stats already on the item. That being said you can potentially get high tier prefix phys roll and bad suffixes; then removed the suffixes with haku + scour and have a very nice weapon, this process is inconsistent and risky; not advised!
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info