What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

I never post but these changes have made me feel I should.. You said Forums and reddit are the places you listen to, not Twitter so here it goes.

I loved ArchNemesis, I love building temples for other people to run, I love delving, I love collecting beasts (that was the league I started playing, literally cause I love collecting things)...

These new rare creatures have made me disengage from all side content. I avoid Einhar's beasts, especially the red ones. I have disabled all Apex sentinels cause they are pointless when the rare is either going to be a joke or one shot me with a hatse range shot I have no amount of movement skills to dodge. I do not go into incursions any more because even on the open world maps I constantly run into packs of rare creatures, not magical that are supposed to be packs, but just rares that have grouped together. Chances are out oe the 3-4 of them one of them has acombination that is going to do me in.

These changes have made the amount of content in PoE for me to engage with .. Just maps... and I have never liked maps. These latest changes to the atlas are awesome and feel good to progress through whereas before you just always felt you were not gaming the system properly to get the 'proper' progression on your maps.

All I wanted this league was last league.. straight up I just wanted to go through it all clean again and from the announcement I was so stooked. When it was announced 80 AN mods I was very excited .. But these guys have taken my tanky PoiConc build and made me feel like I am playing my old glass cannon builds of old.

Always hated Sirus, anything with off-screen killing capabilities will never be ok with me.. but now these rare packs can do it.. Ran into a group of magical creatures in Moon temple that shoot out the waves of 'light' projectiles.. They killed me off screen because I could not get far enough away.. Dodge forward or backwards it was into another wave of these hasted creatures.

Anywho, hoping something comes along for these.. I really dont want the rares to be nerfed to where we have to kill them offscreen to make them viable again (Honestly feel that is a fundamental problem with this game currently and so many bad choices are being made to try and offer challenge for a play style that feels unintended).. but like every mechanic in this game (hesit, delve, etc) is all about saturating the screen with rare creatures...

Anywho, again
Is that the entire specification for Drought Bringer? I'm almost certain it does a lot more than what is said there, but I will test again and provide evidence tomorrow.

Please see my thread on this particular mod and what it implies for Pathfinders (and others) on the Hardcore league: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3266974

I hope you pay attention to this mod, because it's not about numbers at all for this one.
Chris do this irl

let the games begin
Last edited by Molochmane on May 15, 2022, 2:28:29 AM
Why was this detailed mod list not posted pre-launch as the patch notes; I was missing it badly.

However, the drop problem explanation is just very weak, sorry. They are clearly constantly dropping nothing compared for their long and hard fights. For instance, it is nonsense, that now even map bosses drops way more often and way more drops than these rares on steroids, when most of these rares takes 10x more time and effort to kill one by one than the actual map boss at the end.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Players want to zoom zoom as this is an ARPG - not sit around looking at mods and fighting rares that are harder than map bosses.
Magma Barrier:
simple imposible to deal with it with a melee build, need to skip the rare and hope you didnt attack by accident... its crazy

And, most important thing, multiple essence (6+) with some archemesis are simple imposible.

The mod that makes it invulnerable its broken, simple remove that.
Last edited by Dragondelvalle on May 15, 2022, 2:36:40 AM
Took a couple leagues off. Assembled a juicy metamorph in a tier 3 map earlier while pretty much ignoring these modifiers because I would've had to Google what they were and who wants to do that? It was not fun. Funny, sure, but also painful.

Typing this, it occurred to me to ask, are they described in the in-game help section at all? That would make sense. It would also make sense to have players "discover" them "naturally", or some such cute trollish thing. Discover, dear players, what it feels like to get kicked in the dingus.
Heralding Minions do NOT despawn on death. They follow you around the damn map until you run out of portals OR you're lucky enough to make it to the boss room, kill the boss in 2 secs, and portal out alive.
How many of these have on-death effects that aren't mentioned? It feels like every other Rare I come across makes me wait an extra 8 seconds just to loot it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info