What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

some of the mods are fine when there is only one being on a rare mod, but not on a magic pack namely things like ice prison
To GGG:

Thanks for all your hard work on this. I'm looking forward to the improvements!

Regardless, you may want to consider conducting some research on the concept of Loss Aversion, how people treat losses vs gains, and how it might impact game design. A lot of good things came out in 3.18 that I personally am super excited for, but the difficulty issues feel like a massive loss when compared to where we were in 3.17 and no matter how good the improvements made in 3.18 are, they're getting pushed the wayside because of the balance issues.
Instead of a post about what mods the monster has, how about suggest what you expect us to do about each. e.g.
Invuln. Do you really expect the right action for the player is to wait for 4.5 seconds unable to do any damage?
Last edited by whyBish on May 15, 2022, 1:55:45 AM
Hopefully this doesn't get lost in the sea of comments.

I run a physical flicker strike, HH stacking map clear that utilizes melee splash for AoE. One of my largest dps bonus is from brutality support giving me crush and multiplicative physical damage. As you can imagine, if any of my physical damage gets converted through HH mods, I lose; most of my damage immediately, most of my life sustain (from phys life leech), and most if not all of my mana sustain (from phys mana leech). This essentially bricks my build completely and I have to run away for 20 seconds. This would be fine (maybe annoying at times) if I didn't prioritize Delirium in my atlas tree, ultimately incentivizing I go as fast as possible.

I've tried replacing brutality with life on hit support to allow physical damage converting mod to work and reallocated passives in my tree to allot for mana sustain from attack damage but with that much of a damage decrease, mapping corrupted t16's is near impossible to do without losing 3 portals seeming random.

I can imagine that it is difficult to both redesign new content to keep the game fresh and have a new difficulty edge. All I ask is that you change the % physical damage converting mods to something else like add flat damage of that element. This way it keep the mobs with the new mods strong and difficult to fight while also allowing physical builds that utilize brutality support to continue dealing specifically physical damage and can't utilize the flat elemental damage.
Thanks Chris.

But acknowledgements like this "While we do want to make sure that they're still challenging, there are certainly many rough edges that we can sand down, and places where mods are strongly punitive against specific builds that we can address.", is exactly what is causing the dissonance between the extensive testing you spoke about. And what clearly seem untested to the community.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
There could be a thing like 4 archnemesis mods would roll when a map would drop, just like an implicity

Rare monsters in that map would only have 1, 2, 3 or all 4 of them at a time, but only of those in that implicity

And them ppl could avoind combinations they didnt want, or look for ultra hard ones when they want..

That implicity would also give a % bonus on that map acordingly to that combination already

So easy combinations = less %

So farmers with top end builds with ultra juiced maps would want them

And more casual players could avoid them

I think that this would please u guys more while pleasi g players as well

... In acts there would only be 1 archnemesis mod at a any given time
Thanks for league yes the mops were over tuned but still killable. Please review the metamorphs you can get 5 different mods here. When you add the body parts to the meter all the mods are there and some of them take like 15 mins to kill it’s a bit crazy just to get one sample. Anyhow I am enjoying the league so far.
Immunities suck.

Let me say that again for emphasis: Immunities suck. Elemental immunity sucked in Diablo 2, and it was a mistake to introduce ailment immunity here.

My build is primarily about around using shocks right now and chills later once I've gotten a bit further in. Fully eight of the new mods turn those ailments off entirely. You introduced a new, racer-reward unique that's entirely about chills, and four of these mods make that unique useless. Elementalist has multiple ascendancy paths that are entirely about ailments, and she's not the only one.

I was already disappointed by this league. No new skill gems for the second league in a row and an uninspiring league mechanic were already pushing me away. Learning that many rares are just going to ignore my build choices is so disheartening. This isn't fun; there's nothing I can do about it, no way to work around these mods.

Immunities suck.
"
cheng955176 wrote:
Too ez. Make them one shot me so that I can quit plz.

Gotta build some defense!
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
Really nice of you to release the stats that some of the modifiers do.
However, please stop using immunities... Opt for damage reduction of the individual cases.
Specifically 'Cannot be stunned'. Just increase the monsters stun threshold, so it affects the average player, but still able for stun builds to affect them in some way (perhaps stun duration reduction on the monster).

'elements'-weaver and 'element'-strider
Same concept here, instead of going for immunity, opt for ailment reduction or effect on the monsters.

I dont mind Immunities in Expedition, since we can opt in or out by placing down the explosive charges, but rares that we encounter not. And I dont think this compares to encountering immune specific rares in the campaign or maps.
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info