What's Next for Archnemesis Modifiers - Part 3 (and list of modifiers)

No unclear names like "dynamo".
Magic and rare should not make bosses feel like cakewalks.

As for slowing the game down and such, making you take a step back before engaging rares and even magics (if that's the idea?), you have your reasons ofc but I'm here with an opinion (whatever that's worth to you) that is I enjoy killing stuff. I enjoy speed, explosions, massacres - and a big fight at the end.

There's nothing in the game justifying me slowing down for a rare to maybe drop something that I'll either not pick up, vendor or - if I'm really really lucky - sell for a few chaos.

You seem to think players will see this as a great opportunity to collect big rewards, but my experience is that the only way I'll get what I want is by grinding trash until I get enough little rewards to TRADE for the stuff I want. If I need to stop 15 times to consider a rare's worth, I'll just skip them.
Really disappointed with how strong rares are at the moment, things I used to look forward to like harvests now feel like a chore and I'm scared to even open essences. I've played this game for a long long time and this is the worst it's felt probably since I started playing. Please please PLEASE rebalance these or get another hotfix in soon, I'd like content and progression to not feel like such a drag.
"
whorm wrote:
but my experience is that the only way I'll get what I want is by grinding trash until I get enough little rewards to TRADE for the stuff I want. If I need to stop 15 times to consider a rare's worth, I'll just skip them.

Path of Exile in a nut shell.

It's rarely about getting the loot you need, you just find random stuff to sell and then buy what you want. I don't mind that but I'd prefer to find my own stuff as how I see ARPG's should be.

ESPECIALLY considering how poor the trading is in this game. You sell 5 items to buy 1 item you want and spend 4 hours messaging random people who never reply because they're too busy mapping/bossing themselves.

In my opinion the biggest downfall in PoE is that 90% of people have no idea on the value of rares when they drop.
how about we just go back to the old modifiers :)

they were just fine they way they were.

forcing players to encounter minion modifiers from a past league is a little cringe.

all of these new mods + empowering with the new league mechanic make these things 1000x more difficult than the boss fight at the end of the map.

You're basically just making it Archnemesis v2.0 without actually saying it.

I really hope you take the time and read this from someone who has not missed a league start in roughly 4-5 years. As I'm sure a lot of people here are and havent missed one for much longer.

This change you have implemented has driven off a decent size chunk of your player base from day 1.

There were no balance changes to any skills, but all of these unrealistic buffs to rare and magic monsters has nerfed every build in the game, including the non-meta builds which then pushes everyone into a meta build that they cant afford.
remove hexer please
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
It makes no sense at all to show us these meaningless mods themselves!!!
What we need to know is how these normal mods make rare monsters crazy——which means the innate buff from these mods. Without exact data of innate buff, all these mods are literally jokes cause all of them lead to only one result, an one-shot father!

Besides, I guess every Head Hunterer can find them too weak to most builds, and there is no reason to prevent us to leech the same mods over and over again. For non-physical-to-elemental builds, each buff only grants 40-60% increased damage, and some extra buff if you are so lucky to get it. In most time you can hardly own more than 15 buffs in full-content beyond maps,which only means a doubled damage at most and little movement or other speed. Compared with HH in last league, it is nothing now.It is irrational for an ultra rare item to become such junk.
I guess the only way to solve this problem is to allow repeated mod leech for HH only or grant a new mod "gain one extra non-leeched archnemesis mod when you kill a rare monster; 50% chance for owned buff replaced by another unowned archnemesis mod when you kill a rare monster" or adjust these buffs to make sure no mod benefiting crazy for enemies but torturing player while leeched, such as change all of these increased damage into more damage with half value, then HH is strong enough and worth to farm.

It is so silly to make unique boss(es) the easiest guy(s) in a map. And please prevent metamorph to get these mods, just imagine an enemy has ten to hundred times of life of a map boss and then buffed by 6 to 12 archnemesis mods. It should be far more powerful than god!
"
It makes no sense at all to show us these meaningless mods themselves!!!
What we need to know is how these normal mods make rare monsters crazy——which means the innate buff from these mods. Without exact data of innate buff, all these mods are literally jokes cause all of them lead to only one result, an one-shot father!

Besides, I guess every Head Hunterer can find them too weak to most builds, and there is no reason to prevent us to leech the same mods over and over again. For non-physical-to-elemental builds, each buff only grants 40-60% increased damage, and some extra buff if you are so lucky to get it. In most time you can hardly own more than 15 buffs in full-content beyond maps,which only means a doubled damage at most and little movement or other speed. Compared with HH in last league, it is nothing now.It is irrational for an ultra rare item to become such junk.
I guess the only way to solve this problem is to allow repeated mod leech for HH only or grant a new mod "gain one extra non-leeched archnemesis mod when you kill a rare monster; 50% chance for owned buff replaced by another unowned archnemesis mod when you kill a rare monster" or adjust these buffs to make sure no mod benefiting crazy for enemies but torturing player while leeched, such as change all of these increased damage into more damage with half value, then HH is strong enough and worth to farm.

It is so silly to make unique boss(es) the easiest guy(s) in a map. And please prevent metamorph to get these mods, just imagine an enemy has ten to hundred times of life of a map boss and then buffed by 6 to 12 archnemesis mods. It should be far more powerful than god!

BTW, half value of more damage could effectively make enemies weaker and make buffs powerful to us players, the only problem is Inspired Learning will become far too powerful lol.
regardless of the changes, and understanding its still way overtuned. You can't do older content say delve, or blight etc. All these changes or last two are LUKE WARM fixes. Not Hot Fixes. I can't even freaking delve or get to nodes to get things like fossils etc.
Thank you for this list and very good way this was handled after the feedback was received. Appreciate the team doing its best to communicate with the players.
Please just revert back to the old mods and remove archnemesis, it was something that should have never made it to the base game.
Whoever decided this is stupid, if you wanna keep arch nemesis that badly put it on the metamorph body parts portion only or something.
I lost so much respect for GGG this league, the talk about communication and testing i heard on the stream are a flat lie and will make sure i won't trust as much what you say in the future.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info