Rare and Magic Monster Balance

ty for nerf rares but magic still OP
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
I kind of rely on generosity at league start, and when people are PISSED OFF there aren't many leveller freebz. PLEASE be better GGG, I dont like seeing so many folks unhappy
Actually it was cool experience to survive all that shit on hc league, last time i had similar emotions was in nemesis league 100 years ago, call me masochist but yesterday i had fun =)
So let me get this straight...

You put the most annoying garbage mods archnemesis had.. and then you make them ON EVERY SINGLE MONSTER IN THE GAME.. even on all leagues and the reward is basically like old rare/magic monsters?

Are you trying to remove people out of the league on day 1?

No balance changes on players but literally gives monsters headhunter buff on steroids with map mods/atlas passives..

I'm up for a dodge hell bullet disguised as ARPG but reward me for it.. not this garbage you pulled up and call it challenge.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Honestly, I think the key part GGG needs to understand is that there's a major difference in how the rng mod generation works VS how it worked in arch nemesis.
In arch nemesis, if I chose to make vampiric trickster gargantuan and hasted mod Kitava herald, that was one rare on the map, that dropped cool stuff and was a good laugh if I didn't kill it. I made it that way, my error, my poor judgment.
Now I can pop a Legion and there's 3-5 rares with 4 archnemesis mod combos some of which are incredibly dangerous or build disabling. And I can't blame myself and laugh it off as my poor judgment call, it's entirely RNG and the devs apparently wanting to put a spiky object in an unspecified orifice of my body.

So, again, whoever playtested this, if they were part of the development process has a very different perception of what the issue is. On the developers side, funny, bricked map, time to go do next test. On the players side, it's their juicy map that now has a rare that offscreens them while disabling crucial parts of their build. And they have no chance of killing it.
In your "extensive testing" how did you not notice that a random blue pack is harder than a Brine King act 6 Final Boss? How GGG? How did you test it. Elaborate please. I'm extremely interested in the methodology of your extensive testing.
I'm honestly sad that they already nerfed it. People will complain about it for like 1 week, 2 max. After they have their character leveled and geared up, they would realize that this is actually good and that you like to have a challenge. Just press a button and explode everything is only cool if the enemy that you are facing isn't too weak.
I quit the league in Act 1 and moved to standard. I updated my atlas with a Shaper guardian and began rebuilding my Atlas tree. Cool stuff there. I then ran a few T14s to see what goodies were out there: 3-4 AN mods all around sucking the life out of my at every turn. No way to avoid the fact that there will be mods on every map that will just kill you dead in a hurry. Melee is a bitch.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
literally unplayuble on hc
"
thiago231 wrote:
I'm honestly sad that they already nerfed it. People will complain about it for like 1 week, 2 max. After they have their character leveled and geared up, they would realize that this is actually good and that you like to have a challenge. Just press a button and explode everything is only cool if the enemy that you are facing isn't too weak.

it's hard to level when you're dying a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info