Rare and Magic Monster Balance

this addition of archnemesis mods oonto all mobs was probably teh stupidest idea I ever witnessed in a game to begin with. Still borken.. Still antifun.. Still a shitheap idea. Not hard but clunky and unenjoyable
Personally I did like the fact that rare mobs were actually there again, not just zooming through and functionally playing an idle game. There is just certain mods and combinations of league mechanics and mods that feel, well, unfair. To the point where I feel that things like act 10 kitava is easier then a badly rolled rare in act 6. If that is the state you want the rares to be in, that is fine by me, there is always a way through, players can adapt (things like invasion were way more egregious in my opinion). But the inconsistency between revamped rare and magic monsters and the "fixed" content in the game leads to a lot of frustration for me. I assume there is also a part learning curve here, a harsh one, but PoE is nothing without something like that. It is just hard to learn from something when it all happens in very short time periods and afterwards you are trying to decipher what thing in the pile of keywords was the thing that actually killed you.
In short if an act boss can barely give you a scratch but a random blue pack is like fighting a pinnacle boss, something somewhere is out of line. In my opinion a way more in depth pass on what mods can appear on what mob, in what combination, and in what regularity would help a lot. (and maybe remove/change some of the very binary mods, they can be extremely un fun and are only hard if they are impossible right now otherwise you barely notice the,, give them some counterplay at least if you want those in there)

I am sorry for the long post, I prefer to let the devs be devs, but this is the first league in nearly 8 years that got under my skin so bad. I hope that either I adapt quickly enough or there is more in depth changes then just a blanket stat nerf to keep this interesting, because I do believe it is healthy for the game long term.
"
CrazyPanda221 wrote:
"We tested it extensively, and were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it."
Who are these testers?
What gear were they using?
We've long heard the meme about us being the beta testers, so please prove us wrong and get these actual beta testers to come out and explain to us why they thought rare mobs one-shotting players in the very first area they experience was acceptable.

That meme has a reason... we all were the beta testers... in the last league when Archnemesis was the league content. That was the beta test. Thats the way it's always been with PoE. The league content is a beta test of a new feature to potentially get rolled into the core game. So when they say they have lots of data from testing.... they're probably talking about the last 3 months worth of Archnemesis league.
well i mdone with this bs now when rare mobs litterly 1 shot u with unavoidable damage on anything from levling content up to tier 1 maps floor degens u barrely can see that kills u in half a second etc it gets worse every damn league u releaseforced to have 3-6 defensive layers must get all ailment imunties making flasks alot worse to use every build not having a ACTIVE playstyle enrfed to shit u might love balancing all the shit around your top 0.1% players and streamers gona be fun to see you have those left when the rest of the player base keeps bleeding out and refuse to spend more money in your damn store
GOD!

No you did not play test it at all. You destroyed rewards from altars and forced players into 2 certain death keystones. You have no idea what legion, breach, abyss, essence or any rare based mechanic feel like at lvl 83, much less a delirium juiced with those mechanics. What about 5 ways? Uber 5 ways? Blighted maps and blight ravaged maps? Simulacrum?

Lets just not speak about Headhunter for the sake of keeping a civilized tone.

In summary - early game is hell, league is a nightmare on top of hell and end game might be barely possible with a mirror in every slot.

Just why? If you need a mode for streamers and super achievers, why not create a separate one , gauntlet style? Why do you insist on stuffing your hellish vision down our throats when the overwhelming majority has made it absolutely clear that they do not want it?!

3.15 the damage and the flasks
3.16 the defenses
3.17 the map mods
3.18 the mobs and the bosses

S T O P !!!
Last edited by teodar1987 on May 14, 2022, 12:00:37 PM
Thanks for the quick action on a weekend.

But seriously, this wasn't 'more challenging', it was almost unplayable. Some league mechanics already had insane rares sometimes, but with these baseline rares, league mechanics became undoable even with strong, meta builds.

At no point we were able to acquire the appropriate gear for the actual content you are doing and I can't even imagine what happens at T14+ content.
Good. But is effigy gone?
"We tested it extensively"
We who? Who tested act2 archnemesis spriggans with vampiric and echoist and said "Yeah. this looks okay"?
Who tested Einhar red beasts in act2 with gargantuan and hasted?
How many times is the conversation going to be
Playerbase - "We feel like the game is going down the path of clearspeed meta and decreasing build diversity while you introduce more bosses and encounters that require you to kill them fast because you can't defend against their mechanics."
GGG- " Understood, you think the bosses and encounters are too easy, here, have Seething Chyme fight where if you don't stack damage and try to build defenses instead, that will be negated, also, here are some more challenging rare mobs so you can gain experience in game mechanics (adds in %hp as ES map mods, adds in rng archnemesis mods that can roll 4 archnemesis mods at random where old nemesis mods only ever rolled one mod (also proceeds to ignore the balance issue that creates for Blight, Incursion, Harvest, Legion, Essence, Delirium, Ritual, Breach, Abyss all of which throw multiple rares at you at the same time))"

So who playtested that stuff? Who's the gigachad that did Ritual encounters with multiple rares cross buffing each other and said, yeah, nice and challenging content? I think the community would like to know.

"
Phadin wrote:
"
CrazyPanda221 wrote:
"We tested it extensively, and were happy with the level of difficulty when we released it."
Who are these testers?
What gear were they using?

That meme has a reason... we all were the beta testers... in the last league when Archnemesis was the league content. That was the beta test. Thats the way it's always been with PoE. The league content is a beta test of a new feature to potentially get rolled into the core game. So when they say they have lots of data from testing.... they're probably talking about the last 3 months worth of Archnemesis league.

See, that's just nonsensical because in archnemesis, you had the option to choose what mod combinations you use. And you encountered 3-4 buffs on a mob 2 times in the map, not 15 times whith their buffs and damage potentially overlapping.
Now it's all RNG.
We tested it extensively

meanwhile rejuvenating and vampiric making immortal mobs
sindicate research with 300 mobs + 7 rares poison/fire everywhere and 30 seconds to kill the operators
heist with 150 rares strong as f and cant die
Last edited by Mokurp on May 14, 2022, 1:38:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info