Rare and Magic Monster Balance

I enjoyed the challenge, first time leveling has been interesting in quite a few leagues. I didn't realize so many people were complaining that they couldn't steamroll content. So many salty keyboards soaked with tears. Don't listen to them GGG, you're doing just fine :D
ah darn, I liked it. I was just considering how challenging and frustrating it might be if it was HC lolll. Please just drop me a mirror already. That's all i'm trying to say here.
"
We tested it extensively
We tested it extensively
We tested it extensively
We tested it extensively
We tested it extensively
We tested it extensively

For readability of mobs - as a UX gamedev, I'm pretty disappointed that this was felt to address the poor readability of mob abilities. The names are better, but imo, it's not much easier to determine what is what, since you still have to mouse-hover.

I know there'd be a lot of resistance, but have you considered giving players the option - defaulted off - to turn on the mod names so they float like health bars? It'd be ugly as ****, but functional, and given how little information we get as players, many of us would take that trade.

Regarding difficulty, I'm pretty disappointed this launched this way, given the issue was the obvious one, and I was using Archnemesis right up to the final day of the league. I LOVE the idea of builda-a-monster being interesting, imo Archnem was a version of Metamorph where choices were actually meaningful, and rewarding.

This was a GREAT time for us to get more folks into the game, with the static balance and the amazing relatvely-new Atlas changes, and I expect this would just be brutally unfun for them.

I expect your early-game Roa-murder-spree heatmaps are pretty dense, and Goatmen are probably far deadlier this league :( I had almost no fun until getting to the mid-part of Act 1.

I made it through to Act 6 yesterday, as Absolution/Minions. Experienced player, but not great mechanically. I skipped quite a few mobs though, as they were just boring & unrewarding to chip down.
cant wait to die in heist :D
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
I like the hard stuff, but when you see how players kill rare for 3minutes or they start to skip. So it means they are skipping "new content".

GGG didn't test shit, they say "extensively". It's the same story for 10 years now. We, the players are testing all leagues and paying for it. That's why they don't have new beta testers and their internal testers all play RF.

The idea is nice and needed, but such drastic changes could have a bit more work and testing. Not GGG "extensively" type testing, I heard this excuse for over 10 years from beta. If you want to force players to kill 1 mob for ages, give them a reward then. Or just remove bad combinations, and balance them.

And all the cry here will force GGG only to balance it and as always it takes around 3 weeks "extensively" to polish broken league stuff or in this case rare monsters.

with regards extensively,
Vahu
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Last edited by vahu on May 14, 2022, 2:54:07 PM
"
DeDavini wrote:
"
"
DeDavini wrote:
91 deaths with level 69.
With FlickerStrike 6 Link Terminus East, I don't even need to try to run T3.

GGG you guys have outdone yourselves in ridiculousness again.

Talking about test's?
What have you tested?
No nice coal for package you have bagged.

What a nerf has gone online today? Need as Meele not even try to run anything decent.

And for all the "We love GGG" people.
Are you really so blinded? You should already see how unbalanced and half-finished the nonsense was brought to market.

I need 30 sec for a rare pack with 3 deaths, but the boss I lay in 5 sec?

Since really the biggest fool must notice that Chris has screwed us again.

I think comments like yours are funny. Learn how to use any defenses lol. Like if you die 91 times in campaign you literally aren't trying man. I died 12 times on SSF chieftain, once past act 5. I'm not saying mobs aren't overtuned still, I hope they nerf a bit more especially in maps, but 91 deaths in campaign... is just laziness imo lol.

who is talking about the campaign?
Did you even read through what I wrote?

I am zoom player.
That's why I play flicker, what's the problem?
If I want to pay attention to defense or something else, I play HC.

I have certainly made 30 maps currently from level 60 - 69 and it is simply impossible to do anything with Flicker.

Now you come to me with Flicker pay attention to defense xddd
The build is fucked - period.

But you are again one who does not understand and simply has the fan glasses on.

We can make everything harder, that's fine.
But it's not the point of the story to tell that there are no balance adjustments and then you smash half-hearted crap on the market.

It's not balanced.
Period off the end.

Or is it really normal for you that a rare or magic pack is far stronger than the actual boss?

Are you really that blinded?

[Removed by Support] Build defences. I'm not even defending the difficulty, I think it is overtuned. But if you just want to keep making glass cannon flicker and dying 10 times per map, good luck. I have zero sympathy for you because there are so many ways to make builds tanky now and you're not even attempting to. Have fun man. :)
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on May 14, 2022, 4:54:44 PM
Way to random - got a harvest monster which is magic and unkillable.
In the same time I one shot map bosses.
Is this the way you imagine this game should work?
For the first time of many leagues Im thinking about quiting... this is horrible
This will never be nerfed as long as sycophants respond to any criticism with "if you don't like the league just stop playing"
The steam charts should show how that works out but games in a death spiral never figure it out until its too late
btw thanks for no/remove flask mod. i guess im not touching std either.

my last char is using coruscating elixir so thanks for ruing guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info