Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

I usually get 36 (38 now) challenges a league, but these are awful. I now have to spec into mechanics I don't like and spec out of mechanics I do like. My atlas tree is going to make no sense and be purely inspired by what challenges I'm missing. All the agency you gave me in the passive tree is now being traded for challenge efficiency. Please rethink this. I don't care if it's a grind, just let me grind how I want to.
very "hard" no tedium at all
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎Aura Stacking: /view-thread/2913007
‎‎MF Mirror Shop: /view-thread/3228672
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‎‏‏‎ ‎Hideouts: /view-thread/3228297
Amazing rewards. Terrible challanges. 75% of challanges is UberUber content that 99% won't even think about engaging or pointless 16h/day for 2 months straight grind. I'm severely confused.
I prefer the more grindy type challenges. Boss condition ones suck
good challenges (easier with standard league as usual though)
i thought Doryani's Machinarium is gone from the drop pool?
Last edited by IceslayerVixxun on May 10, 2022, 12:28:55 AM
Utterly horrible challenges.

Why do you offer free rewards?
Isn't it to boost engagement?

I don't think we've seen the charts for a while, but I remember that the number posted who completed challenges was reaallly low. Something like 20% finish 12 and 2% finish 24.

Maybe some of the most serious players thought it was too easy this past league, but it was more or less enjoyable in archnemesis. Why have a whopping 16 challenges that hardly anyone will do? And it looks like this next league will be even worse.

This list has hardly any "easy" ones.

Challenges are the bait that gets me to play just a little bit more.
If the next reward is no longer "just a little more..." they no longer do their job.

Getting your 40/40 people to spend an extra 200 hours to get to 40/40 or whatever isn't really of any benefit. The people who pushed for 24 before will stall out far earlier this time.

If you want to make it harder, add more challenges. Make it 50, or even 100, or add an uber version of each challenge.

The key point is the next reward level needs to always feel like it's in reach, and this time they seem somewhat ridiculous before even leaving the first half of the list.
those armour sets are dope
Probably the worst challenges I've ever seen. Heavily RNG gated, basically impossible for SSF and even for trade. A lot of people are going to give up on these early which means they'll lose motivation once they reach the end-game because what else is there to grind for. I did 38/40 in Archnemesis with Harvest nodes on 24/7 and never even found a boss. It's just one giant RNG slugfest. Same thing with conditional boss fights (which are often gated behind expensive fragments or long grinds), just buy them from people with 1 billion DPS. Boring.
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on May 10, 2022, 12:41:15 AM
These are hilariously time consuming. Honestly can't believe how out of touch you guys were this time.
"
Andvareel wrote:

If you want to make it harder, add more challenges. Make it 50, or even 100, or add an uber version of each challenge.

I think psychologically you are right. Hitting 36/80 would feel OK, and I know there is more I could do. KnowingI'm going to hit 19/40 doesn't feel as good psychologically.
Last edited by whyBish on May 10, 2022, 12:46:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info