Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

I already posted but I want to chime in again. In my opinion, a good challenge has one of the following properties

- It teaches you about a game mechanic you might not know about (vendor recipes, participate in rog crafting, etc)
- It's doable but requires some setup, clever thinking, minor build tweak (Kill a map boss while you're both affected by immortal call)
- It encourages participating in a variety of content (run a few heists, do a few labs, run blighted maps, kill each endgame boss)

These are acceptable but not great challenges in my opinion:
- Boss conditionals: They're skill testing but often fighting the bosses yourself is too expensive to try repeatedly and master, and missing the challenge is frustrating. Buying it from another player feels like cheating but it's often the economically responsible thing to do.
- Hand in div cards
- Finish the campaign/ascend/do quests

The following challenges are quite bad in my opinion

- Do X several hundred times: This is asking players to burn out on something they likely did not organically want to do
- Encounter some extremely unlikely thing: These just feel bad, there's no pride in it when you do get it, when you don't get it you feel helpless
- Configure your atlas passives in a specific way, then run a ton of maps: This is a variant of the first bullet point but with even less player agency

So many of the challenges here are represented in the last three bullet points there.
Why the 6-24 and 28-38 armour sets looks exactly the same base set?
The second one just simply got some glowing effect, really?

As for the challenges, just as I expected; tons of RNG and boss conditionals.
At least the rotaer sharer partyboys with their supporters will still easily do them all /6 yet.

Very well done to alienate lots of long time players with these steps.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Very smart !

I will grind it.

Ty GGG
I don't really understand the whole repeat something 500/1000 times thing, if someone wants to play the game a lot of hours let them at least pick what they want to grind 1000 times, some enjoy maps others delve etc. Do not choose for the player, but let them.
Last edited by Mutaro123 on May 10, 2022, 1:57:58 AM
"
monster0824 wrote:
These are hilariously time consuming. Honestly can't believe how out of touch you guys were this time.

The challenges keep me playing after I hit level 90. They were a fun part of the game. This was a terrible idea. What intern came up with this?

Even the hardcore 40 challenge a league players are mad.

How much money are players going to spend when the fun part of playing was removed? Not a penny from me this time.

"
Icewid wrote:
"
monster0824 wrote:
These are hilariously time consuming. Honestly can't believe how out of touch you guys were this time.

The challenges keep me playing after I hit level 90. They were a fun part of the game. This was a terrible idea. What intern came up with this?

Even the hardcore 40 challenge a league players are mad.

How much money are players going to spend when the fun part of playing was removed? Not a penny from me this time.

Exactly, let more players in the game, don't remove them , because you think they want to spent hundreds of hours more with each new league than the last one.
Love the Challenges!!! Lookin forward to do them except for .... the Harvest one. I didn't find a single Harvest T4 Boss on my last 2 40/40 while being specced into Harvest last league as much as possible from start to end.

This will be the RNG-Bane of the league :(
jeez, this is so much grind
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Defeat an Incursion Architect <-- whats this mean?
Defeat a Harvest Boss <-- HOW DO YOU GET ONE?
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Looks ok-ish. A lot of rng / grind. The Forbidden Trove will be mandatory if you value your time.

As a whole, concept of getting two armour sets if you are hardcore players is nice. I would lower the bar for people who are not all-time players or make it less grindy. Grind is good, but when weather outside sucks :P.

Maybe more then 40 would be good idea? Or more "x out of y" tasks to do to complete challenge?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info