Challenges in Path of Exile: Sentinel

The challenges are not challenging, but more like grindy which is disappointing. Doesn't stop me from playing, of course, I like the game but that was just...sad. After hearing Chris mentioning that the challenges are gonna get HARDER but that is not hard, just grinding. "You put a lot of currency to your build? Well, hah! Jokes on you there's no need for skills since challenges are based on RNG" Is how I see it :/
Hi GGG,
I just came to say I'm disappointed with these new challenges, though I find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one with concerns.

I understand there may be players who you want to keep playing long after the old 40/40, but without attainable goals, many here in the forum will consider leaving early or even quitting before they start - probably to pursue realistic goals elsewhere. This potentially creates a problem for another key part of what keeps all players invested in leagues, which I feel may have been overlooked and/or forgotten too soon - the trade economy.

I feel it's safe to assume that when a casual or moderate player leaves the game, it's another chaos or crafting currency that doesn't make it to market. The hardcore players might be complaining that challenges are too easy now, but I can say with experience that it's the hardcore players who complain first when they feel "trade is dead".

I am going in to this league cautiously to say the least.

Kudos where you've earned them though, high participation in the forums is always a positive.

Just so I'm not leaving with nothing offered, instead of harder challenges I'd suggest having Delve removed from leagues. Then, sometime around the third quarter of each league, an Endless Delve event begins.
Safe to say that these challenges are an absolute joke.
I gave this league a shot despite concerns but it doesn't seem like myself or most players will be able to finish 6 challenges.

So all the talk about "giving rewards earlier for less challenges" is a load of nonsense because while first mtx reward (gloves) are at 6 challenges, realistically nobody can reach them.

GGG says it has the same difficulty getting 6 challenges as 12 in the previous league but I disagree.
Absolute joke.
If you didn't want to give any mtx rewards this league then just be honest and not pretend like your giving more mtx but for a few harder challenges, when in reality you're making it ridiculous to even get the first piece... leading to you actually giving less rewards than other leagues...
My life is slipping away...
Addiction is a harsh drug...
Last edited by EstocSlayer on May 14, 2022, 5:26:02 PM
"
This is really awesome! I love the setup. Nice revamp!

Just FYI, this post doesn't work on mobile devices. They can't "Show All" or use the drop-down menu. Well, for me, I have to the desktop instead of my phone. Not sure about anyone else.

Also have this issue, a whole week later.

As for these challenges... wtf, I work 50~ish hours a week. Some of these are also wildly difficult. Idk if I should bother. Mechanic looks pretty cool though, but damn. I like the idea of changing up the rewards but some of these challenges are intense and some are just stupid time sinks.
There is no way I am dedicating the time for most of these time wasting grinds of challenges.
I skipped 3.17, now I am skipping this one.
Farming exalts for paying someone on TFT to kill bosses, no thanks.

Bring back Hideout reward at least, not bad armor sets few people will use because they are not spending cash for MTX.
I'm gonna jump on the 'wtf are these challenges' bandwagon too. I'm fairly casual compared to most, but I still manage to get 24 every league before I burn out or simply move on. I've hit 36 a few times, but nothing special.

At this point in a league I'd be approaching 20 completed. Sentinel? Yea, I'm at 5. Why? Because every challenge in this league is ultra-grindy sweaty uber bullshit. Honestly, how many actually engage in the 'true' end game? Bet its sub 1%. So, we're designing challenges for less than 1% of the player base? Really, GGG?

Like many have said, the new league mechanics and qol stuff are what bring players back; but the challenges are what get people to stay. Too many are so out of reach for so many, its acting more like a deterrent than a motivator to push on, maybe try a new build, etc.

Also, you give us the ability to block certain past league mechanics on the atlas tree...and then make a ton of the challenges specific past league mechanic based? Does that not seem entirely counterproductive to anyone else?

Grinds are fine. That's what ARPGs are about. But let us grind the way we want, instead of forcing us to do specific content. I thought that was sort of the point of the Atlas tree to begin with. Let the player engage with the end-game how they so choose. And, fuck it - can we STOP with the 'conditional' kill challenges? Please? Or at least add more challenges so that I don't want to off myself for simply clipping the beam on Infinite Hunger for the 4th time in a row (lmao, yes I'm bad w/e).
why don't you just put "loot a mirror of kalandra from map boss while affected by delirious and covetous shrine" while you're at it. these challenges are no fun. it just takes a lot of currency. literal hundreds and hundreds of exalts because there is another fact that you will have to respec the atlas tree for some of these to spawn a slightly better chance like that "domination encounters" 10% chance to spawn the shrine AND you have to kill 6 different things while affected by it which are already RNG enough. for christ sake, even a no lifer, play POE all day has a small chance to complete these challenges and to casuals? don't even bother.
"
xwhackojacko wrote:
Like many have said, the new league mechanics and qol stuff are what bring players back; but the challenges are what get people to stay. Too many are so out of reach for so many, its acting more like a deterrent than a motivator to push on, maybe try a new build, etc.

like seriously, completing the challenges with rewards are the only thing that gets me going to jump to the next league but i'm gonna admit, this one is near impossible to do if you only have few hours a day to play. i am about to quit. previous league challenges can be done on background while mapping but a lot of these are requiring so much focus on one thing. if you aren't grinding for that specific challenge, you won't get it.
Last edited by EraHovencult on May 20, 2022, 10:01:50 AM
Gj GGG you made it.
You made me with my 5000+ hours of PoE from open beta to think about quiting the game on week one.

You made it clear you dont need casuals(those who play less than 5 hours a day) anymore in the game only hardcore grinders and streamers.

These challenges are no fun or challenging, all of them are just pure painful grinding and super rare RNG based combined. My build is between semi-expensive and minmax and I have 9 challenges and I dont feel any progression at all.
How am i supposed to do 36+ challenges with this rate? Oh wait I shouldn't challenges are now for the chosen ones, the streamers with infinite time to play and grind. We can watch them getting those challenges in twitch or youtube.

For each challenges you must completely modify your atlas skilltree and grind for a specific reward rather than doing them simultaneously.

Rares with archnemezis mods were not tested at all like you dont even care.
Time to become Blizzard?

Ty GGG I enjoyed the game till last league, not anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info