Lost Ark experience was a total disaster...

Its not like poe doesnt have endless armies of bots and spammers. Just because you cant see them "standing next to you" does not make PoE better in these terms.
What i did not like about LA is not that there is RNG. Its the exorbitant amounts of RNG

Your group of friends just falls apart because someone got lucky with honing and someone got unlucky. And unlike horizontal progression MMO like Guild Wars in Lost Ark a single ilvl digit is literally a world of difference.

There are ways to cushion this but no ways to actually prevent it.

Now on the topic of bots. AGS banned a MILLION of bots. Next day they all were back in business. It actually created more problems than solved because all those bots rushed back in all at once and shat on server stability.

In the end A pig will always find mud. Both PoE and Lost Ark can be terrible but both games also can be exceptionally good. Depends on how you look at it.

"
Teplokot wrote:
What i did not like about LA is not that there is RNG. Its the exorbitant amounts of RNG

Your group of friends just falls apart because someone got lucky with honing and someone got unlucky. And unlike horizontal progression MMO like Guild Wars in Lost Ark a single ilvl digit is literally a world of difference.

Now on the topic of bots. AGS banned a MILLION of bots. Next day they all were back in business. It actually created more problems than solved because all those bots rushed back in all at once and shat on server stability.

In the end A pig will always find mud. Both PoE and Lost Ark can be terrible but both games also can be exceptionally good. Depends on how you look at it.

You're kind of over exaggerating, a single ilvl digit would only be a difference when hitting a threshold for content so like if your friend was 1369 and you were lucky to hit 1370 as it would prevent him from entering content available to 1370 but if you were both 1370 to say 1389 your dps would be barely different as you'd likely both be wearing the same T3 gear. As for any content in between that, it'd be chaos dungeons and guardians which most people solo chaos dungeons and you'd still be able to run the guardian raid that your friend needed with him.
Last edited by firenovix on Mar 9, 2022, 2:42:32 AM
I'll take that over doing the POE story again. Seriously. and lost ark lets you boost alts so they don't have to redo their story. Chris can keep this game if he insists on forcing the lame story on everyone EVERY league on EVERY character.
"
firenovix wrote:

You're kind of over exaggerating, a single ilvl digit would only be a difference when hitting a threshold for content so like if your friend was 1369 and you were lucky to hit 1370

That's basically the problem, they should have let you waive ilvl requirements with a premade within certain values - it also has a momentum problem where you have to climb a cliff gear wise and once you hit a very specific value you get 70% more power for free before climbing again.

Personally I hate it, I'm managing by never looking at the number and just playing whats available but I have a built in disgust for rng progression systems as i'm a regular shitter in the luck department.

LA is a weird game, it'd make a great case study for a shitload of game related design issues/successes but for the western release it could have been so much better than it is mostly because it needs streamlining properly and a common gameplay focus rather than random back and forth.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
That's basically the problem, they should have let you waive ilvl requirements with a premade within certain values - it also has a momentum problem where you have to climb a cliff gear wise and once you hit a very specific value you get 70% more power for free before climbing again.

That would just moves the cliff to 70 % of the value, and tbh, it's not a big problem, given the difference will be gone in a day or two, and it's also an extremely specific situation.

And also, it's kind of weird to complain about rng progression on PoE forums, which is the emperor of rng progression - 1 mirror shard drop is worth a lot of pretty hard farming. One great hit with awakener's orb can easily make a ton more of a difference.

Or, the best of them all, mageblood from gwennen.
Last edited by Xyel on Mar 9, 2022, 8:46:39 AM
"
Teplokot wrote:

Yeah, Poe doesn't have much RnG right...
path of exile is full of bots spamming chat and farming maps lol you just don't notice them more because there's multiple global chats and it's mostly single player game but that's not a reason to say the game is a disaster that's more on the community
The other day I saw some obvious bots in XIV, all bugging out in a small frontier town trying to hand in a quest. Same job, same quest NPC, just forming a line in front of him.

I reported them. I sat and watched. They were gone before long.

Much longer ago, I was banned from Guild Wars 1 for being a certain class combination in a certain area. I emailed ANet, mostly amused because I knew exactly what had happened, and my account was back later that day *with an apology from a GM*.

It might be anecdotal, but in my experience games that have some sort of financial gatekeeping tend to suffer bots a LOT less. Free to play games, on the other hand, are hopelessly rife with them, especially once they become profitable to bot.

And PoE was always going to be that. I still haven't seen proof that Chris called them a 'necessary evil', but they're definitely a mark of a game's success, particularly in terms of economy. Can't have a black market without demand for it, after all.

3 pages, still in GD...
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 9, 2022, 12:00:22 PM
"
The other day I saw some obvious bots in XIV

Earlier this year a major bot maker for Guild Wars 2 said they are gonna stop
supporting their product. News about this were living on the subreddit front page rent free like for a week or so. Because there was a bot infestation in GW2 and people were eager to get rid of those roaches.

Turns out they just moved to FF XIV <_<

Both games are b2p (GW2 is less so cos you can still f2p trial it)

Speaking about f2p games...

At first i thought that GGG has actually done something about those bots that were advanced enough to buy magic find stuff from people on their own.

But now it makes me think that they might have just moved to Lost Ark cos it is much more profitable.

Buzz Lightyear "Bots Bots everywhere" meme.png

Even tho its not a meme anymore *cry

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info