Elden Ring is PoE Killer

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I find the vault pass pretty cringe and won't be buying it but I would encourage you to buy what you like. Apparently ER is FromSoftware's Magnum Opus and one of the best games ever. I'm a huge huge souls fan and have not purchased it yet, let alone played it, as I'm still on the Poe train for the time being. I did put over 1k hours into bloodborne so you can get a lot out of souls games if they click with you.

I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic (about Kirac's Vault Pass).

Are you doubting? Elden Ring killing POE players one at time. A POE player died and A Elden Ring player is born.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I find the vault pass pretty cringe and won't be buying it but I would encourage you to buy what you like. Apparently ER is FromSoftware's Magnum Opus and one of the best games ever. I'm a huge huge souls fan and have not purchased it yet, let alone played it, as I'm still on the Poe train for the time being. I did put over 1k hours into bloodborne so you can get a lot out of souls games if they click with you.

I could be wrong, but I think he was being sarcastic (about Kirac's Vault Pass).

Are you doubting? Elden Ring killing POE players one at time. A POE player died and A Elden Ring player is born.

I wonder if people know its physically possible to play more than one game at a time :o
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
darciaz wrote:

I wonder if people know its physically possible to play more than one game at a time :o

You need to prove your ultimate multi-tasking skills to me. Do you play with both hands and feet?
Updated screenshot. We have ascended! \o/

Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 26, 2022, 3:16:46 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:

More like descended. Spamming more of those threads. I'll emphasize the obviousness of trolling and highlighting the lack of originality.
"
awesome999 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

More like descended. Spamming more of those threads. I'll emphasize the obviousness of trolling and highlighting the lack of originality.

Sure they're not original, but that's fine. That dumb Lost Ark thread is still going, so the more of these things that pop up the more silly it looks. And at this point humor is pretty much the only worthwhile response to it. And not just the current Lost Ark thread, but the preponderance of such threads that seem to pop up every damn league. Just as few people bother taking Kopo seriously anymore, we may as well turn this trend into yet another in-forum joke.
Lmfao. 009, Elden tbh looks good, but it’s more like Resident Evil VIII in its appearance and play, except you have a mount.

I like the fact they are trying a game without a specified class, but more customization; something they learned from Poe or Korean mangas.

It also kind of plays on the hero killer trope which is a rare mmo premise. (Except these are mutated ex heroes).

My only problem with Elden Ring: too much game. It either has too much content for the current me to manage, or has to have continued and high upkeep costs to pay for playing. There’s no way it’s just buy electronic and go forever.
"
rekikyo wrote:
Lmfao. 009, Elden tbh looks good, but it’s more like Resident Evil VIII in its appearance and play, except you have a mount.

I like the fact they are trying a game without a specified class, but more customization; something they learned from Poe or Korean mangas.

It also kind of plays on the hero killer trope which is a rare mmo premise. (Except these are mutated ex heroes).

My only problem with Elden Ring: too much game. It either has too much content for the current me to manage, or has to have continued and high upkeep costs to pay for playing. There’s no way it’s just buy electronic and go forever.

Soulsborne games go back to 2009 with the release of PS3's Demon's Souls. They're all similar in the highly customizable base classes.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Lost Ark and Elden ring aren't competition for PoE aside from coming out at a time window that coincides. LA only gonna compete with mmos and Elden ring doesn't compete its a X hour singleplayer experience many of us are gonna enjoy the fuck out of.

I disagree (before you say hypocrite, wait).
LA has nothing in common with PoE, and it’s age group is different.

However, ER has a much more grungy feel, and targets the same age group.
Class-less customization is also a feature of the game, something familiar to PoE players.
Most of both games is solo, and the play through will remind Poe players of the act player. Except it’s New. We lose 80% of our players every league to a repetitive act play. The feel is more than enough to pull them away from here for a long time.

Tbh I even would play it, if I was made of time.
"
Izrakhan wrote:
"
rekikyo wrote:

Soulsborne games go back to 2009 with the release of PS3's Demon's Souls. They're all similar in the highly customizable base classes.

Remember Dark Stone back on PS1?

Not saying they don’t exist, and I think Soulsborne is related to this game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info