[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
ColeonePS wrote:
Was wondering if I could get a quick "hows my build looking so far and what is next" Not sure if ill ever save enough for the belt tho. Thanks. Running all maps pretty comfortably , feel fairly tanky.

A minor detail but that basalt flask seems odd to me. You’ll get bleed, it will trigger and taunt enemies to attack you. Also in general more armour probably doesn’t help the build much?
Wondering how you guys are using the Mark skill? Do you spam it through the map or just drop it on elites or bosses?

I know the gloves will apply the second curse directly just wondered about the mark before the gloves come into play.
I mostly use it on tougher battles, won't lie.

Update from my side, as I go along a total newb to this more complex style of building.

I put some attention into my flasks and it helped a ton, given the changes to flask mechanics this league, e.g. "activated when (frozen)" is basically like having "cannot be frozen" mod from my experience. I did some other flask management and am really into this as it takes the pain of constantly pressing flask buttons off of my hand.

I also notice a big QOL bonus from Ancestral Reach > Sleepless Sentries. With the chaos resist buff from Ancestral Preservation, I really think Ancestral Reach is a good pairing for at least one of the medium clusters as it hugely improves how often you die. Until, that is, you can afford:

Asenaths : ~5ex (min)
* https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/m0OeT6

Wands : ~2ex (min)

Viridi's " ~1ex (min)
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/n7JzL0VU0

And these are the cheaper components. If you look at the OPs build, you'll see that a huge part of his damage is from jewels with crit multi / totem life.

This is one of his/her jewels:

Rarity: Rare
Ghoul Prism
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 55
--------
10% chance to Avoid being Shocked (implicit)
--------
+12% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
12% increased Totem Life
+12% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
+18% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding

And this is the closest comparison I could find. I couldn't actually find one for sale - at all - with his/her stats (or greater). The closest I could find with reduced stats is below, coming in at a lowly 12 EX:

Item Class: Jewels
Rarity: Rare
Brood Bliss
Crimson Jewel
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
+10% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
12% increased Totem Life
+17% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Note: ~price 12 exalted

^ Note that this is significantly less valuable than the OPs single jewel, as it's missing both the resistance bonus and implicit, and has less total crit multi. I would imagine OPs jewel would sell for 20 EX (or more, as it's the only one that exists?). If you wanted his/her entire setup, I would guess you'd be looking at multiple hundred Exalted orbs - if these items were even for sale. ;)

So for everyone who might be like me getting into this build - just know what you're getting into. I say this as a newb, tbh, since I usually play the easy league starter builds and barely make it to yellow maps. This time I wanted to go a bit deeper and this was/is a great build to get there. I'm really enjoying it and want to start working on league challenges to get my portal with it.

This is not a cheap build, at all, and if you don't put some focus on QOL while farming you will die a ton. I don't care how expert you are. Without some QOL or the above gear, arbalest / constraint mechanics (Valara / Brine King or other tight arenas) will ruin your day unless you are so cautious that you move like a glacier through maps. Also note that your survivability also takes a HUGE hit as you level your gear up to Uniques.

Anyways - game on!
"
Tr0j4n wrote:
Great guide - I love using this version with Zerphi and the "pops" the mobs make thanks to the gloves. It is a lot of fun!

I am now building some currency towards Cowards Legacy but I was wondering if I should take care of upgrading any other items first as Cowards Legacy will make managing my resists quite painfull (any tips to that)?

I am quite easily clearing T16s but I do feel that my damage is sometimes not enough to oneshot packs.

Sitting at 146k tooltip in hideout, 3.9k life and 2.8k mana.

The belt is hard to beat, but you might want to get Whispers of Doom anoint on your amulet for an extra curse before if you just want more damage. If you feel that you need more damage while clearing, you could try to play with Concentrated Effect permanently if you have enough AoE. Also, your wands could easily be better.

To fix resistances, the easiest way is jewels, but you can also get some pretty good amount of damage there too. Your boots and ring could have much more resistances. You can get a pair of boots with 130% res, 30% ms and life for like one exalt. Also, make sure to get critical strike enchant on them.

"
SamuelColt93 wrote:
I Corrupted my Anomalous Forbidden Rite and it hit 21/12 Qual.

Is it now better to use my Gem cuz it deals more Dmg or should i get a 20/20 again cuz it is better than mine?

I also use +1 to all Spell Gems on one of my Wands.

Can someone please tell me? Thanks.

You want 21/20 in total for the extra autoproj. So, if you have +1 on wand, you don't really need to go for the corruption as it can get quite pricy. But if you want the extra damage from 21, then yea you might want to level a few more and try to corrupt a 21/20. Overall, you won't be able to tell the difference.

"
EmmSquared wrote:
Wondering how you guys are using the Mark skill? Do you spam it through the map or just drop it on elites or bosses?

I know the gloves will apply the second curse directly just wondered about the mark before the gloves come into play.

I just use my Arcanist Brand on bosses or in situation where I'm forced to wait, like Expedition chain-explosion.

If you don't want to use Whispers of Doom, you could drop the Arcanist Brand setup and just use the Temporal Chains from Asenath. Mark are a pretty big source of damage tho.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 17, 2021, 3:20:20 PM
Damn, bought today base medium jewel because I accumulated alot of alts and after like 370 alts plus some aug/regals I got:

Last edited by Asag on Aug 17, 2021, 3:48:26 PM
"
Asag wrote:
Damn, bought today base medium jewel because I accumulated alot of alts and after like 370 alts plus some aug/regals I got:

rip, probably woulda abeen cheaper to buy
"
samcisnow wrote:
"
Asag wrote:

You crazy, you know how much these run?? 2-3ex last time i was crafting them, looked just now and cheapest is 4.5ex... That was just the two passives, the resist all is probably 2nd best behind life
Last edited by skempf85 on Aug 18, 2021, 4:12:58 AM
It's nice to have the extra totem life but I find myself spamming them so often to keep curses self inflicted that they rarely die even in juiced maps . Seems like a over investment to me.
"
samcisnow wrote:
"
Asag wrote:

What? Those jewels are like 5ex. 370 alts is around 82c. How its cheaper to buy them?

Also I like to craft my own stuff even when its not always cheaper.
"
Item Class: Active Skill Gems
Rarity: Gem
Forbidden Rite
--------
Spell, AoE, Chaos, Projectile
Level: 1
Cost: 8 Mana
Cast Time: 0.75 sec
Critical Strike Chance: 6.00%
Effectiveness of Added Damage: 80%
--------
Requirements:
Level: 16
Int: 41
--------
Lobs an exploding projectile near the targeted location, and extra projectiles toward enemies around you. The projectiles deal chaos damage based on your life and energy shield. Casting this spell damages you.
--------
Deals 15 to 23 Chaos Damage
Deals 5% of your maximum Energy Shield as base Chaos Damage
Deals 12% of your maximum Life as base Chaos Damage
Take 40% of maximum Life and 25% of maximum Energy Shield as Chaos Damage
Fires extra Projectiles at up to 6 surrounding Enemies
--------
Experience: 33 665/49 725
--------
Place into an item socket of the right colour to gain this skill. Right click to remove from a socket.
Note the bold part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info