[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

I keep seeing people say this is an amazing build, 250k tooltip damage in game, I'm sitting at 50k tooltip damage in game. What am I missing besides Zerphis/Cowards Legacy and clusters?

I'm just in tier 5 maps right now and I'm starting to see a slow down in things dying around me so then I just fall over randomly.

Any help please?

I only have about 140 chaos right now...
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
I keep seeing people say this is an amazing build, 250k tooltip damage in game, I'm sitting at 50k tooltip damage in game. What am I missing besides Zerphis/Cowards Legacy and clusters?

I'm just in tier 5 maps right now and I'm starting to see a slow down in things dying around me so then I just fall over randomly.

Any help please?

I only have about 140 chaos right now...

Pretty much everything. Your wand and shield are pretty bad. No critical enchant on boots. No 6l yet. Your magic ring is bad. Your gloves, boots, belt and amulet are bad too.

Your tree is pretty bad too, you get so out of reach to get some block and shield nodes and rely on a flask to reach decent block %. Also, you pretty much got no jewels. Even your Self-flagellation is not at 20%.

I got no idea where to tell you to start since everything need to be upgraded. And you can get better stuff for pretty cheap too. You can buy two wands with projectile speed and decent mods for like 20c. Ring and amulet for 10-20c.

I got no idea why you're using Greater Volley, it's terrible. Use Rain of Splinters and get an actual DPS gem. Also, change one of your Quicksilver flask for Silver flask to get Onslaught.

I can't really help you for your overall setup, you're using a shield setup, which I totally don't recommend in the first place. If you don't know what to look for as item, check my item section in the guide, I wrote what mod are the best for each piece (minus belt/amulet/gloves).

For rare belt and gloves, you just want life + mana + res, for amulet same stuff but also critical multiplier.

Your gems setup could also use a lot of work. Again, refer to the guide. I'm not sure why you're using Vitality and Clarity at high level, you don't even have a Watcher's Eyes.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 15, 2021, 6:23:37 PM
that's probably a dumb question, but if i cant afford a coward legacy yet, should i still go for the unique help hexproof route ?
"
AcidCitrus wrote:
that's probably a dumb question, but if i cant afford a coward legacy yet, should i still go for the unique help hexproof route ?

I played this build as a starter this season and converted full into it with more currency. You can go for 2 kikazaru topas rings first, but curse effect reduction is almost mandatory with the chest piece. Base setup should be soul mantle, 2 kikazaru (or helm setup, if you can afford) and self-flagellation. The curses really hurt your survivability and dps, trust me.
Currently with Volley support I'm at 5 projectiles. Should I replace it with Hypothermia and downgrade projectiles to 3? Or 3 is not enough?
Can this build work with 10-20 ex budget?

How is it in t16 content?
"
Asag wrote:
Currently with Volley support I'm at 5 projectiles. Should I replace it with Hypothermia and downgrade projectiles to 3? Or 3 is not enough?

It's a hard question, nobody seem to know the answer. The thing is, I was using 5+ projectiles during my test and only 4 were hitting. Now, what I'm wondering is, do you need 2 or 3 extra projectile? Because, at base, the gem got 2 projectile: The default one and the automatic one. Do they both hit the same target? If yes, then you just need 2 extra projectiles. If no, then you would need an extra one, so the helmet enchant.

I'm pretty much done with the league right now and don't feel like testing it. If someone else want to test it, get into PVP with a friend, get 100% chance to poison with Cospri's Will and Chance to Poison Support and test if you can hit 4 time per cast with just a Rain of Splinters.

Anyway, even in the case where you might want an extra projectile, Volley won't be that much better than Hypothermia. Volley would be a 33% multiplier from 3 to 4, while Hypothermia is a 30%.

"
Edeka wrote:

The build easily clear t16 even on a budget, but you can expect to die very often if you don't invest in a good setup. FR totem got pretty crazy DPS but that's about it.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 16, 2021, 2:07:01 PM
"
Gierschlund wrote:
"
AcidCitrus wrote:

I played this build as a starter this season and converted full into it with more currency. You can go for 2 kikazaru topas rings first, but curse effect reduction is almost mandatory with the chest piece. Base setup should be soul mantle, 2 kikazaru (or helm setup, if you can afford) and self-flagellation. The curses really hurt your survivability and dps, trust me.

sorry, i phrased wrong my question. So basically, i have the helmet viridi's veil that gets me hexproof. But i don't have enough currency to get the legacy coward's belt yet. Is it worth using this helmet still. What belt can i use instead ? Just a stygian vise with life/resists ?
"
loloppe wrote:
"
Asag wrote:

It's a hard question, nobody seem to know the answer. The thing is, I was using 5+ projectiles during my test and only 4 were hitting. Now, what I'm wondering is, do you need 2 or 3 extra projectile? Because, at base, the gem got 2 projectile: The default one and the automatic one. Do they both hit the same target? If yes, then you just need 2 extra projectiles. If no, then you would need an extra one, so the helmet enchant.

I'm pretty much done with the league right now and don't feel like testing it. If someone else want to test it, get into PVP with a friend, get 100% chance to poison with Cospri's Will and Chance to Poison Support and test if you can hit 4 time per cast with just a Rain of Splinters.

Anyway, even in the case where you might want an extra projectile, Volley won't be that much better than Hypothermia. Volley would be a 33% multiplier from 3 to 4, while Hypothermia is a 30%.

"
Edeka wrote:

The build easily clear t16 even on a budget, but you can expect to die very often if you don't invest in a good setup. FR totem got pretty crazy DPS but that's about it.

Thanks for the response - what would I replace the belt with as a budget option?
Probbaly some stygian belt for additional abyss jewel socket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info