[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

I'm getting one-shot by mobs off screen and don't know what to do about it. Really trying to hit 93 for the first time in my PoE career with this build, but I continuously die and get set back 2-3 hrs routinely from one-shots coming off screen, regardless of totem placement. I swapped out Ancestral Preservation with range and damage skills medium totem for QoL, and as to be expected my totems now die way faster, leaving me backtracking. Running out of money for this build. Any thoughts on weak spots re: my setup?
"
solomanstone wrote:
I'm getting one-shot by mobs off screen and don't know what to do about it. Really trying to hit 93 for the first time in my PoE career with this build, but I continuously die and get set back 2-3 hrs routinely from one-shots coming off screen, regardless of totem placement. I swapped out Ancestral Preservation with range and damage skills medium totem for QoL, and as to be expected my totems now die way faster, leaving me backtracking. Running out of money for this build. Any thoughts on weak spots re: my setup?

it's just not a tanky build and you won't change that by moving a few bits around. it has no block or dodge or anything really apart from mom. you have to adapt to that by dodging it and playing in a way that reduces the chances that you get one shot. that being said you can add zerphis and asenaths to slow mobs by a ton and getting more damage/proj improves clear which in turn reduces the chance that you get hit
"
Asag wrote:
Replacing Greater Volley with Volley support PoB shows for me as DPS loss. Is PoB wrong or should I switch back to GV?

Also this just dropped for me witht hose mods, too bad still dont have Viridi:

PoB show total DPS with all projectiles, but in reality, only 4 projectiles hit in average. If you have Rain of Splinters, you can either use Volley (probably not that useful, I'm not 100% sure) or just use another decent gem like Faster Casting, Cruelty, etc.

The life and mana on the ring is decent, but mana regen is kind of pointless.

"
solomanstone wrote:

A lot of your setup is just pretty bad/useless right now. I hope your not reserving your Mana with Zealotry, Clarity, Vitality and Precision right? It would reduce your EHP by 40%. Also, you got no Cast When Damage Taken setup. Your Steelskin is linked to nothing and should be in your helmet for the +2. The amulet is pretty bad. You're lacking Asenath for all the Quality of Life features and the +1 curse from anointing Whispers of Doom. Your magic ring is pretty bad, you want at least tier 1 life and a decent suffix. You're using Haste in Essence Worm, but you don't have a CDR Watcher's Eyes, which make it pretty useless. Dying Sun is 100% useless and do nothing for you. Pretty much the same for Volley (maybe), you already got 4 projectiles. The wands are ok, but you could get some way better one for like 1ex. Critical strike chance on boots enchant is pretty massive, you don't have that yet. Also, no idea why you have Onslaught linked to Flame Dash. You shouldn't be casting Cold Snap, it's just slow and pointless. We use Vaal Cold Snap to generate Frenzy Charges on boss. Your Silver and Quicksilver Flask could have better mods. Your clusters are not right either. The Large one need to have 8 passives and the 3 nodes need to be the exact same, or you end up losing a few points on the large clusters, and you definitely need two Ancestral Preservation node if you ever decide to use Zerphi's Heart. It's fine for now, but being able to drop Silver flask for a more defensive flask will help, also the same for your Dying Sun. Your tree look fine, but all the jewels could be better ofc. You didn't grab the totem life % right next to Ancestral Bond, it's pretty big.

Tldr: pretty much most of your build atm is in a bad shape.
Also if you just want to level up fast to 100 without much of a care, you can buy 5way. It will cost you 2 - 2.5ex per 5 runs or something, but should only take you like 50 of them or something. You can easily find 5way carry on the TFT discord.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 12, 2021, 10:08:54 PM
Good info, thanks. I'm pretty new to anything level 90+ and end game at all, having only done yellow maps before in every league, so this is a big change and a lot to learn all at once. Appreciate the feedback!
Alright, was able to swap out boots for the 120 crit while still meeting resistance mins. However, Asenath's is a long ways off, there's just no way I can afford it. Then, I'll have to restructure resistances since the glove slot is a huge resistance boon atm. I have 1ex, there's a long road ahead. Just tested an 83 tier 14 and it was a fast clear - with one close call.

Immediate next upgrade will be restructuring the Large / Med jewels, but again - I don't know how you got that much $$$ gear so fast in the league, I need to study some farming strats since I am so far behind that, the cost of either of those jewels laid out like they are in your PoB are just straight ridiculous. :)
Just a general knowledge question, for a pretty new player.

You are using vaal haste to proc soul eater on zerphi's heart. Do you need to turn it on/off to proc soul eater every 20 seconds? Or will this be done automatically with the haste aura on/up?

Anyone know how this interaction works?
"
WildChoas wrote:

You are using vaal haste to proc soul eater on zerphi's heart. Do you need to turn it on/off to proc soul eater every 20 seconds? Or will this be done automatically with the haste aura on/up?

in short you don't use haste aura unless you have a watchers eye with the cooldown recovery for travel skills. you are better off just running zealotry in essence worm. to proc zerphi's you just use vaal haste or vaal cold snap and no you don't need the normal haste aura on for that
"
crazypearce wrote:
"
WildChoas wrote:

in short you don't use haste aura unless you have a watchers eye with the cooldown recovery for travel skills. you are better off just running zealotry in essence worm. to proc zerphi's you just use vaal haste or vaal cold snap and no you don't need the normal haste aura on for that

Another thing to add is that you should only use your Vaal skill when your Soul Eater is down. Vaal Haste and Vaal Cold Snap got a pretty short duration, so it's possible to wait for it to turn off, get back enough souls to reuse it, before Soul Eater end. But Soul Eater got to be turned off before using the Vaal skill otherwise it won't turn back on again, and you'll have to wait another rotation. Soul Eater can't be "reset". It's an On/Off switch. You got to use the Vaal version of the skill with Souls. Using the normal version won't do anything.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 13, 2021, 8:31:57 AM
Hey all, any tips on crafting the wands, the ones on the market arent the best right now.
What is the website that is normally used? I have hard of craftofexile.com but it does look kinda complicated lol
"
Hey all, any tips on crafting the wands, the ones on the market arent the best right now.
What is the website that is normally used? I have hard of craftofexile.com but it does look kinda complicated lol

Your best bet is to buy them, as there's no good way of crafting a wand.

You could get an ilvl 84 Profane Wand, roll +1 to spell on it with 2 random prefix, and try to fracture it with harvest. But hitting that fracture will cost you from 5ex to 20ex depending on your luck. Or you can also try to 1/5 fracture it. And then, you still need decent RNG to get some good stats on it afterward. If you check on craftofexile, we're talking 2000 chaos minimum to hit the right mods but with some middle tier (which is kinda garbage).

If you look at this weighted search that I've made: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Expedition/Yv3ZdEDIY
and order it by Weight, you will see that you can get some pretty crazy good wands with t1-t2-t3 tier for only like 5 to 20ex, which is actually super cheap.

Getting a good one with projectile speed is pretty hard, as they get sold super quickly and are usually underpriced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info