[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
I'm still rather new to POE. Does added chaos damage on amulet really work for spells? I mean, you don't usually find this modifier on amulets

The rule is, if an item/piece of gear has modifiers that doesn't affect that item, like damage on boots or attack speed on gloves, then it is a global mod, and your character just generally has that, so it affects everything you have that does deals damage.

If it says adds X to Y to spells, then it only affects spell damage
Does the boot enchant "16% increased attack and cast speed if you've killed recently" work for us? or doesnt it work cause its the totem that have killed recently and not me?
Is Cowards belt really worth it for 17 ex? Am I wrong or is it not only 30% spell damage? Less than what you get from Clear Mind for 15 chaos?
I know that you would prefer double Watchers eye over Clear Mind.

Or am I missing something?
"
Donnalund wrote:
Is Cowards belt really worth it for 17 ex? Am I wrong or is it not only 30% spell damage? Less than what you get from Clear Mind for 15 chaos?

You need to understand theres a huge difference between *more* spell damage and *increased* spell damage. The former is way way stronger.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How many league/core supporter packs in a year when POE1 & 2 coexist?
@Donnalund: just play around with Path Of Building and you will see that with Pain Attunement you easily do around 20% more damage. So it's a logical next step to upgrade.
"
Tjucken wrote:
Does the boot enchant "16% increased attack and cast speed if you've killed recently" work for us? or doesnt it work cause its the totem that have killed recently and not me?

Correct. We are not doing any killing ourselves, so we will never proc the attack and cast speed. I believe BiS boot enchant is 120% crit chance if you haven't killed recently. We always have it active.
"
Tjucken wrote:

No it doesn't work, since we never kill. Our totem does. That why everyone's using either Critical Strike enchant or Elemental Penetration enchant on totem build. Elemental Penetration come with "if you haven't Killed Recently" which is pretty much always, but take note that kill from Ignite will count as your kill.

If you use Southbound, Soldier Gloves, you can guaranteed yourself "killing" on totem build if you have either an ignite source or cull on another spell. That way, you can generate charges, get on-kill effect, etc. But I wouldn't recommend that.

As for "if you haven't Crit Recently" from the increased critical strike, flame dash can crit, void sphere can crit. But we probably get a 99% uptime on that enchant.

"
Donnalund wrote:

Pain Attunement (from the tree) give 30% MORE damage. It's a multiplier close to the end of the calculation. Damage is calculated similar to this for us: Base Damage * Damage Effectiveness % * Increased % Damage * Reduced % Damage * More % Damage * Less % Damage * Increased % Damage Taken * Reduced % Damage Taken.

Clear Mind give 60% INCREASED damage, which is closer to the start of the calculation. MORE is, in most case, always better.

Critical Strike Multiplier is also a "MORE" multiplier.

The Belt also allow you to use Panicked Prefix on flask. Come with nice attributes and movement speed. It's an overall amazing belt, but I rather have Headhunter.

No, Coward's Legacy is definitely not worth 15ex+. I wouldn't pay 5ex for that belt. Totem build are meta this league, and due to the lack of players right now, there's a lack of vial to make the belt in Incursion.

There's some other belt you can consider: Arn's Anguish, The Torrent's Reclamation, or a Rare Stygian belt, etc.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 10, 2021, 9:11:31 AM
How could i solve my attribute problems to wear zerphis Heart.

i already allocate 2 x 30 str and 2 x 30 dex nodes.

"
PattyWin wrote:

you can buy careful planning jevel for dex

and some useful stat, like immune to corrupted blood

@Topic

if i dont run with zerphi heart
and by your guide volley is good for me

what you think volley vs greater volley ?
will more projectiles wont shotgun more or is loss damage

and yeah i choose ancestral reach cause its good for mapping and i dont feel like paying 5 exalts for jevel with onslaught + ancestral perseveration

"
PattyWin wrote:

Practical Application is very good for attributes. You can also try to get some on boots, jewels if you need more but you shouldn't have to. You can also try to under-level some of your gems if necessary.

"
Zebedin wrote:

@Topic

if i dont run with zerphi heart
and by your guide volley is good for me

what you think volley vs greater volley ?
will more projectiles wont shotgun more or is loss damage

and yeah i choose ancestral reach cause its good for mapping and i dont feel like paying 5 exalts for jevel with onslaught + ancestral perseveration

Only use volley if you don't have 4-5 projectiles. So, don't use it if you use dying sun or if you have the +1 helmet enchant. Otherwise it's pointless.

Onslaught on jewel is just super good, otherwise you have to use a silver flask for onslaught. 5 ex is pretty cheap imo. Ancestral Reach is very good too, you should have two clusters in the end anyway.

You can use Cruelty or Multiple Totem Support (if you don't use it for Wither and if you don't use a +1 totem shield). Otherwise, Faster Casting would probably be pretty good for you since you don't use Zerphi's Heart.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info