Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
I hate that mentality people have of nerfing something means not playing it like its gone from the game.
So an off meta build that could get to red maps with 100-200 hours invested it is ok if it can only get to white maps now, and we should just have fun? But aurabots and headhunter are still in the game? And you don't see a problem with that? Would love to be a fly on the wall and see the number at launch and on 9/23. Oh and the graphics and character customization that will be available in d4 will put poe2 to shame.
"
GroChevelu wrote:
Thank you GGG for the nerfs
Harder game is better game ;)
This season was really too easy...

Nobody cares noob's opinion,who didn't even touch HC.So dive back under your s**y bridge.
So what can players who dont spend 24/7 every league till the end of that league take from this?

- instead of fixing terrible movement skills, we get nerfs to movement skills that have not been much better, but were "usable".

- nerf on survivability, across whole board.
- nerf on damage for every build.
- buff to RMT.
- nerf to atlas progression.
- that everything + same bugs we get every league for first month, or longer (some just become "feature", like being forced to play without sound, because sound somehow kills fps.)

I do have feeling, that league specific rares this league gonna be like if you finish your level 70 in new season of D3 and jump directly into Torment 16.

Thanks, will skip, just like my friends (well, for once, im gonna skip this league only because my friends will, since after hearing all those nerfs coming, i said im gonna be playin aurabot... well, i wont)

Lucky for me, i can play FF14. Also D3 season starts soon, so, will try that dead game instead :O
And maybe with friends D2 remaster which should be comming soon too, right?

What will you do when diablo 4 and Lost Ark appear in the corner?

You do everything so that people going to work don't see the endgame.

I am not a professional player. It is very difficult for me to earn exa-currenc in the game. And now you say the game is getting harder.

(this article was written using google translate)
"
axeltt012 wrote:
hype! Can't wait to see the full patchnote of nerfs!
Im hyped to revisit the difficulty we had back in the days. This seems to nerf builds more toward the beggining of the Awakener patch (wich would be nice) but maybe it will be more like the era of Act 3-4 then once we achieve getting those awakeners Gems we'll feel the reward of achieving late game content and that would be absolutely POGGER.

Good luck on the release!

[Removed by Support] If you don't like playing the game while leveling and the process of gearing yourself... maybe you just don't like the game and you just want a trophy without actually playing the game.

Big oof.
Over time, the introduction of new mechanics, updates, server issues have caused severe performance issues, visual clutter, poor balance.
Because of this, we're significantly reducing GGG employee salary at higher levels to greatly motivate them to perform better in-line with our vision of how Path of Exile should be.
Many of these changes are intended to affect every GGG employee in the company in some way.
Overall, this works out to a total of somewhere around 20%, potentially as high as 40% salary reduction.
None of this matters. D2:R is going to take half your player base because it actually has meaningful pvp. PvE is pointless when there is no goal outside of PvE. I'll still have 267m dps after these nerfs.
I'm all for making the base game harder, its just repetition nowdays, but the end game is already to grindy for the average player like me.

Worst thing about this is that the minmax players are probably still gonna beat the crap out of your bosses anyway, only everyone else gets to suffer I guess.

Gods, I love this game, but I'm so tired of investing parttime-job levels of time into it.
Oh well.
There's an old idiom in game design that goes "Increasing enemy health and damage to increase difficulty is lazy design."

GGG has now doubled/tripled down on the least engaging way to increase difficulty. Awesome. Bosses and certain attacks can still obliterate a defensively built player in a single hit/burst. Visual clarity is still a complete crapshoot, so being unable to identify exactly what killed you in certain instances remains. Bosses "telegraphing" their attacks off-screen and destroying you in one-shot still remains. So, it's not like much has changed from that perspective. Now, you just die in one shot with less of an opportunity to get out of the way (movement skill nerf, movement speed nerf, flask nerf, fortify nerf). With lower player damage and more boss health, you now have to strap in for a longer, more stressful fight that can end in a one-shot. How is this in any way considered "fun?"

If that is what passes as "fun" or "good game design" over at GGG, I am utterly shocked. It's like they want people to consider POE's difficulty in the same vein as Dark Souls or something. The difference is that Dark Souls' difficulty comes from the ability to learn from mistakes and overcome difficult challenges. This is simply not possible in POE in its current state as designed. So, we get a "harder" game that, in practice, is actually just far more tedious to play and more frustrating for no good reason.

Shifting the meta is great. I'm all for shifting the meta in skills. I'm also hugely in favor of changing the flask system. However, stripping away player mobility (thinking of how sluggish the game will feel after several years of speed has completely overtaken any hype I, personally, would have for this league), defense layers, and survivability without changing the enemy damage-meta is just confounding.

It's pretty clear how out-of-touch GGG is with their player base and with fun and engagement from a game philosophy standpoint. I've personally skipped every other league for years just to not get burned out, so I'll be sitting this one out. However, I'll also be uninstalling POE for the first time since 2013 and it may just stay that way. Sucks.
This game is going in the wrong direction.
I don't want to live vicariously through streamers.
What a shitty attitude for a developer to have.
I'll be playing FFXIV next league.
Hope you get your act together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info